logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
billiv15 wrote:
Hes a great fig for the Rebel Leader as well. Spotter +20 on a 13 point figure with evade and avoid defeat? Nice!




That sounds like a great use for him. Sound to me that I need to get my ishi tib scouts out as well...

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 4982
fool wrote:
Seriously why is Rogue so hard to spell??????????


people have difficulty becasue the u after the g alters the emphasis on the o (i.e roge would be pronounced rog). The U has no effect on the g and the e isn't pronounced.

Thus when people try and spell it phonetically they put the u after the o because thats where the hear it should be.

English is a noutoriously unphonetic language and these problems are prevalent.

Its odd that putting the u before the g alters the sound of both the o and the g.
So its sort of excusable.

However what i can't excuse is gernades instead of grenades.
That's just not even speaking properly. Its akin to Bush's Nucular instead of Nuclear. Blatant stupidity. See, Its all Bushs' fault, everything is, so i'm told.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:54 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
I think wedge will make for an ok cheap shooter.
I personally like him.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 599
Location: LFP, WA
Amazing scrub killer, he could probably hit a Stormie if he tried hard enough. The Grenades will come in handy against swarms.

I can see him used as a cover provider, or as a cheap scrub killer, or as a really annoying gambit collector.

Is he worth it? No, but he might be fun to play.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Posts: 811
I doubt he is going to hit a 30 DEF stormie...I REALLY wish they would quit pimping out a 5 pt fig beyond any other figure in the game.

_________________
The Wookiee Master

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 691
Sithdragon13 wrote:
I think part of my being down on him is that i am know for repeatedly failing saves except when playing DPR, and i do not think i have ever made an avoid defeat save even with CS Yoda.


I made 3 in a row with Calo Nord and CS Yoda. My friends hate me. ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 691
Sithdragon13 wrote:
I doubt he is going to hit a 30 DEF stormie...I REALLY wish they would quit pimping out a 5 pt fig beyond any other figure in the game.


Agreed 100%. He may hit a scrub from any other faction, but I doubt he'll take out many Stormtroopers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:51 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Pennsylvania
Sithdragon13 wrote:
I doubt he is going to hit a 30 DEF stormie...I REALLY wish they would quit pimping out a 5 pt fig beyond any other figure in the game.


That's probably why he and alot of the new figures have grenades, missles, or splash damage weapons or abilities. It's going to stink trying to roll a 20 just to hit a stormie.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:12 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 710
Sithdragon13 wrote:
I doubt he is going to hit a 30 DEF stormie...I REALLY wish they would quit pimping out a 5 pt fig beyond any other figure in the game.


Yeah it only takes what.... 1,2,3, 80 points of commanders to do that? Congrats to the Storm player, you are spending 80 points so I don't hit your precious 5 point piece. :roll:

Seriously, 30 defense Stormies will never be competitive at anything short of 250.

I hate these complaints, they really don't mean anything. You go ahead and play your low attack, high defense Storms; they won't get you far.

_________________
www.thejumpingflea.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:44 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
Not to mention it is 77 points ONLY for defense. Those 5 pt figs still have some offensive issues.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:21 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm
Posts: 2948
Location: SW Missouri
Fool wrote:
Luke Skywalker Rouge Leader???

Is he leading a revolution on red dresses?

Seriously why is Rogue so hard to spell??????????


I don't know Steve, why is DAGOBAH so hard to spell!

_________________
That's right, it's always the one in the middle you would least expect to be the most dangerous!
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:26 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 167
@flea,
there was no reason to make it then. No reason at all.

that worthless fig takes up a slot that could have been better spent. As could every reprint, every horrilbe rare (Wedge) or VR (new Chewie) and you say to yourself, "why should I play this downgrade of a piece?"

The only reason those pieces were made was because people like Wedge and Chewie, so we get these just rotten pieces.

Heaven forbid they don't make these bad pieces that resemble a character from 3 of the movies when they could be making better pieces that actually add something to gameplay and not just the anticipation of pulling it

Well that's what you get when they make a game based off of marketing strategies opposed to what's best for the game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:33 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
What you see as a downgrade, I see as a niche piece. Wedge and Chewie both have uses. Sure, Chewie's is quite narrow, but he does have a roll that RH doesn't exactly fill. A lot easier to get those Atgar's back up an running.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
Lord_Nihl wrote:
@flea,
there was no reason to make it then. No reason at all.

that worthless fig takes up a slot that could have been better spent. As could every reprint, every horrilbe rare (Wedge) or VR (new Chewie) and you say to yourself, "why should I play this downgrade of a piece?"

The only reason those pieces were made was because people like Wedge and Chewie, so we get these just rotten pieces.

Heaven forbid they don't make these bad pieces that resemble a character from 3 of the movies when they could be making better pieces that actually add something to gameplay and not just the anticipation of pulling it

Well that's what you get when they make a game based off of marketing strategies opposed to what's best for the game.


Really, does every single topic need to be pushed in this direction you're so currently obsessed with? Can't you just talk about the topic?

Start a thread to talk about this and talk about it to your hearts content there. But it doesn't need to be in every thread. WotC doesn't read here, and the rest of us get it already. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:24 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:27 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Toronto, Canada
I like this Wedge. He's a good, low cost follower. Anything that pimps him out will likely help out the main guys of any build you have. He'll knock a few scrubs out of your way so Luke can charge in unobstructed, or have a shot of his own on something you'd rather target.

He'll also look cooler, at least to me, alongside Luke, Leia and all the other Rebel Heroes than a Quarren Assassin would.

I'm looking forward to getting one, although I could do without a duplicate from the way a lot of you seem to dislike him. Don't want a duplicate piece that's hard to trade away. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:53 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 4982
Lord_Nihl wrote:
@flea,
there was no reason to make it then. No reason at all.

that worthless fig takes up a slot that could have been better spent. As could every reprint, every horrilbe rare (Wedge) or VR (new Chewie) and you say to yourself, "why should I play this downgrade of a piece?"

The only reason those pieces were made was because people like Wedge and Chewie, so we get these just rotten pieces.

Heaven forbid they don't make these bad pieces that resemble a character from 3 of the movies when they could be making better pieces that actually add something to gameplay and not just the anticipation of pulling it

Well that's what you get when they make a game based off of marketing strategies opposed to what's best for the game.


Drew, give a rest man.

I'm not sure whats eating you at the moment but i hear more negativity from you about this set than from anyone else.

There are always top figs and figs that are sup par. Its the nature of collectable games.

You are never going to get a magical set where everythign is pefectly balanced and usable. You can't design one like that and its suicide to market one like that.

As for wedge, he is far from useless. He might not fit into your polarised view of the game where anything less than 50 dmg, 1000 HP and 42 force powers is not worth playing but for 13 points Wedge is a good piece. His roll is to dominate the opponents weaker pieces, survive and generally be annoying.

You seem to look at pieces and decide immeadeately if its worth using or not. I don't think you ever look at a piece and ask "how am i supposed to use this piece?". "What kind of squad would most likely benifit from this piece?" "How can i make this piece better?"

With you its
"Arrrrghhh, this is crap. WOTC, why are you dumping all this (edit) on us that i have no idea what to do with?"

I still remember you berrating The_Bith for being a crap piece. That is something i never could understand.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:36 pm 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
fingersandteeth wrote:

As for wedge, he is far from useless. He might not fit into your polarised view of the game where anything less than 50 dmg, 1000 HP and 42 force powers is not worth playing but for 13 points Wedge is a good piece. His roll is to dominate the opponents weaker pieces, survive and generally be annoying.


Very true. I think if we renamed this figure to "Hobbie Klivian" or something everyone would be much happier with it. The reason people think this figure sucks is that they were hoping for so much more from a new Wedge.

I have to admit I'm disappointed too, and I'm stumped why this figure has no synergy with existing Pilots (or why they bothered making a figure with an ability that cannot possibly be used right now... at least Ulic gave us a tantalising foretelling of a new faction, this is just plain annoying).

I do have to say though that I hate getting such generic type figures in a Huge set. How much did it suck buying a Huge booster and getting Ponda Baba or Bib Fortuna? I agree they should have been made, but in a small set where the "dang, look what I pulled" factor isn't as expensive. IMO, they really should take extra care in Huge sets to make sure EVERY R/VR brings something interesting/useful to the table. They don't all need to be gamebreakingly powerful; figures like Kazdan or Han in Carbonite are fine. But they should at least be something you're not ticked off to see pulled. Djas Puhr, I'm looking at you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darth Ruthven and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield