logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A little fun had on Saturday
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Decide to make some really good use out of my heroscapes maps.

Everyone was randomly paired up into teams. People just new to bring a DD squad. We played all 3 teams (6 people) on the same map. (I had a start point for a 4th but the did not make it) WE had 3 diffrent formats we played:

First to 200 points
35 minute format 1 point for each 10 points of damage done and Bonus 5 points for the kill.
Capture the flag (which turned into which team could outlast the other and make tenous plotting against the people with the flag.)

Who would have seen LUke w/yoda, Duku, Chewie working together to stalk Fett HIding up buy a nearby building.

KAtran, Grevious, and Bane, waiting to surpise IG-88 and Revanchist.

The map form above. The bridge was raised so you could go over or under it. Lot's of cover so my IG-88 combo with grevious was brutal on this map. (the other IG-88 on the map could not hold up to my superior model.)

Everyone was randomly paired up into teams. People just new to bring a DD squad. We played all 3 teams (6 people) on the same map. (I had a start point for a 4th but the did not make it) WE had 3 diffrent formats we played:

First to 200 points
35 minute format 1 point for each 10 points of damage done and Bonus 5 points for the kill.
Capture the flag (which turned into whihc team could outlast the other and make tenous plotting against the people with the flag.)

Post subject: Re: A little fun had on Saturday
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:05 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Nice sounds like a blast, some of the best times are when you make up random mass multiplayer games. Out local groups favourite is zombie. Using an endless stream of rakghouls. I like how you gave put points for damage, did you factor in healing?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

WE did not, though since there was a Durge on the Board, the rule was regen did not matter, it just meant there was the ability for people to score more points against you. If there had been a character with healing we would have most likely handled it the same way.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:21 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

That looks like a fun game.

I love the Heroscape scenery, although sadly I've not used it for SWM yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:27 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I have used it a few times for SWM. ITs not to bad depending on the build. you do have to allow for slight rules differences though, like cover. Its fun for the Rp also. You can build your map ahead of time and reveal it to the players at a later time. Great when they are on a new world.

to be honest whats funny is i started out in miniatures by playing heroscape :geek: , and started buying star wars minis for custom heroscape pieces. Now i stopped playing heroscape (a long time ago) and use its pieces for custom Star wars minis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yea cover can be intresting, We just go with a cover is cover rule and if the stack is 3 1/2 or higher treat it as a wall. (the 3 1/2 is because of pits you can climb into.) It is definetly alot more open so there is stacks of 4 all over the place to help make some movement lanes.

We also had starting area's "could not be targeted" but you had to move characters out and you could not move back in. Just so people were not picked off from the starting area.