logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Just about had it with WotC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:24 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Today I received a PM telling me to edit out the word, "Silly". The new mod practice of deleting and responding only to reported posts is ridiculous. They clearly dont read the threads that are reported anymore as is was not my post that through the thread into a mess.

It was Haven and Emr. And on that note, I am not interested in hearing anything from either of those two either. Are you kidding me? Silly???

Get a life! Ive had it.

Edited by Fool: Content (sorry Bill)

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Just about had it with WotC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:27 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
billiv15 wrote:
Today I received a PM telling me to edit out the word, "Silly". The new mod practice of deleting and responding only to reported posts is ridiculous. They clearly dont read the threads that are reported anymore as is was not my post that through the thread into a mess.

It was Haven and Emr. And on that note, I am not interested in hearing anything from either of those two either. Are you fricken kidding me? Silly???

Get a fricken life! Ive had it.


Adding Darth Vaughn to the list as well.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:37 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Springfield
That is pretty silly. I can't imagine any context where the word silly would be a problem.

_________________
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:42 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
homer_sapien wrote:
That is pretty silly. I can't imagine any context where the word silly would be a problem.


Start with one person (Emr) who has nothing better to do than to debate ridiculous points that half the time I dont even think he agrees with.

Then add jerks who look for chances to tag team up on me because I once disagreed with them.

Finally, add new Wizo's who dont read threads, just respond to reporting

And Viola, another good discussion down the drain and Im about done with Wizards.

Here's the link:http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=948492

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:43 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Yes it does seem to be a world of political correctness gone mad.
I really feel for you mate.
But as i see it, it's WOTC loss.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:42 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
Reported for using the word silly? Thats pathetic, I competely agree Billiv. Yet another reason I'm glad I don't post on WOTC anymore, the mods on WOTC are rediculous.


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:48 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
Did you finally get your first warning!? :D

I just figure it's like getting a speeding ticket for going 36 in a 35. Sure, it's a pretty lame time to get it, but I still wasn't within the letter of the rules, and there were PLENTY of times I deserved the ticket and didn't get it.

It's not much of a leap for some people from calling their opinion silly to calling them silly. Not that I would personally care or equate the two, but put 50 people in a room and I bet you find 5 that will throw a hissy-fit over it.

Just let it go rather than blaming the wizos or other posters. No one is perfect.

(I'd be incredibly surprised if EMR reported it. Haven and Vaughn who knows.)


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:53 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Actually, I did not get a "warning". I was told to edit out the word "Silly". The reasoning? Because it had been reported by other members as offensive.

In response I reported the offending posts - and none have been deleted or edited.

And its a recent trend that has been bugging me. The same 2-3 posters jump into any thread where I disagreed with someone and start posting attacks on me (but they leave my name out).

Ive reported those and had them deleted, yet the posters are allowed to continue. Who should I blame?

Not to mention, Darth Vaughn's last post called my opinion "silly" and is still present.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
I don't see the big deal. You didn't call someone a dumba$$ or a retard. (Edited for Content) is a nice way of saying either word above.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:17 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 599
Location: LFP, WA
billiv15 wrote:
Actually, I did not get a "warning". I was told to edit out the word "Silly". The reasoning? Because it had been reported by other members as offensive.


And what's with those random WizO's just intruding on our space? What is up with that?? We used to get banned by _Sith or _the_Hutt, but now it's Crosis or some other MtG mod.


I say we get Emrs' side of this story.


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
I actually think the addition of the RPG Mod group was a good idea. Hutt and Sith are not on nearly enough (they are only required to work 8 hours a week) to make a difference. The downside is that we won't get Mods who actually read the forums enough to make better decisions. As it is, it sounds like Wizos have multiple boards they are responsible for, so they have to rely on the reporting system a little too much. If you have an issue, I would say PM Wizo Mimir.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:11 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 pm
Posts: 107
Location: UK
The WOTC boards have got really childish and have been angering me for some time, that's why I looked for a more mature board and found myself here.

Although I post less now I have noticed that there appear to be random Wizos I've never heard of before giving out inconsistant warnings.

The whole thing is really Silly if you ask me, we are just talking about small plastic toys after all :)

_________________
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the Blaster!


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:23 pm
Posts: 480
adder wrote:
I say we get Emrs' side of this story.


I did not report the thread, and only reported a handful of threads (less then 5 I think) in the years I have been a member there. I have *never* reported a post that was directed at me. However, I have said in the past it is quite evident their moderator system is a strict report -> moderation.

As I mentioned Billiv, the point is that 1) your original statement on the matter with the point being silly was a wasted sentence. It was not needed and all it did was weaken your argument. 2) Regardless of how tame the statement is, it is still an attempt to label and thus trivialize a position.

As I have said in the past, which you brushed off, it does seem that the majority love to push around the minority with these hidden phrases buried in long paragraphs. When the minority get more impassioned in their standings, then the majority all of the sudden just mass report them for being over the top. I have seen this time and again on the WotC boards, and I find that kind of moderation to be pathetic. Rarely is only one side completely to blame, yet it always seems one side comes off squeaky clean.

I am absolutely sure that sometime I will be banned from WotC's site for the amazing moderation procedures that take place there. I still have 1 person ignored there because I can't risk replying to that person without them taking random offense. Force help me if I correct somebody's spelling.


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:55 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
emr131 wrote:
As I mentioned Billiv, the point is that 1) your original statement on the matter with the point being silly was a wasted sentence. It was not needed and all it did was weaken your argument. 2) Regardless of how tame the statement is, it is still an attempt to label and thus trivialize a position.


Except on both points I told you it was not true in that thread already. You continuing to argue a meaninless point that I never intended is what allowed the flamers to take over. I'm sorry, I started it by using the word silly. You making a big flippin deal over it made it happen...

I dont care if you disagree with me on a point of contention - if you do I expect you to voice it as always. That's what makes a great debate. But disagreeing over the intention of the word silly does several things.

1) takes the thread completely off topic.
2) opens the doors for idiots to post
3) makes me look like the one responsible for 1&2

If you cant recognize that then I have nothing further to say to you about it.

It was the word "silly".... And I called Boris' point "silly"... And I specifically said it because I didnt really want to debate that point...

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:11 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
Why is this argument being continued here?


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:37 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 167
Why not?

Not a fan of the new Wizos at all.


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:45 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 676
Menoth's Fire wrote:
Why is this argument being continued here?
To be silly, I think.

So Menoth's, what is your take on the large number of Imperials in FU?


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:47 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Stay on topic. If the topic does not interest you, there is no need to post in it. I wont use my mod powers at this time, jut remember to stay on topic.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 pm
Posts: 63
billiv15 wrote:
Actually, I did not get a "warning". I was told to edit out the word "Silly". The reasoning? Because it had been reported by other members as offensive.


That's rather... well... um... yeah...

Doesn't leave a lot of faith in the self-reporting system. But, in this politically correct world, I guess people no longer have the right to offend others and have it called freedom of speech.


Top
 Profile  
 

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:03 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
billiv15 wrote:
Stay on topic. If the topic does not interest you, there is no need to post in it. I wont use my mod powers at this time, jut remember to stay on topic.

With all due respect, Bill, I was under the impression that the topic was how bad the WotC boards are, not to rehash the specific, petty argument thereby making these forums no better than WotC's. I was very interested in hearing other folks' problems with the WizOs (since I've recently had problems with them as well) and just wanted to keep this topic somewhat productive (even if it's only for illustrative purposes).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield