logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:35 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
dreadtech wrote:
We were getting Nomi Sunrider in the COTF set but GL put a stop to it. Why i cannot tell you. All we know is that whatever it was has been resolved as we are finnally getting Nomi next year. Well unless GL changes he's mind again.


Rob said it was because LFL thought she and Bastilla were too similar. Similar reason why Ulic got moved to Sith.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Sithborg wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
We were getting Nomi Sunrider in the COTF set but GL put a stop to it. Why i cannot tell you. All we know is that whatever it was has been resolved as we are finnally getting Nomi next year. Well unless GL changes he's mind again.


Rob said it was because LFL thought she and Bastilla were too similar. Similar reason why Ulic got moved to Sith.


I think i would have preferred Nomi. But as Bastilla was so bad ( that's my opinion yours may differ) i am glad Nomi got put back. Hopefully the Nomi we get will be a lot better stat wise and cost wise.
I knew Nomi got stopped by GL but never knew the reason so that's for that info.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:22 am
Posts: 21
Location: Horsham, West Sussex, England
Affinity is a good thing, New Republic need it. They also need a character to be able to bring Chewie over to help the New Republic. Maybe the could do an Anakin Solo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:35 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Posts: 811
What they need is to just flat out make Leia, Han, chewie, new Luke for the NR. My god if we are going to have three per set, why not put them in a faction where they could actually do some good!

_________________
The Wookiee Master

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:42 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
Quote:
I'm convinced that George Lucas has no direct involvment with this game, Everyone always says George Lucas did this and George Lucas did that. Gl didn't do anything except cash in his royalties.


Agreed. Whenever WotC refers to "Lucas" I think they are referring to their contacts as Lucasfilm licensing (probably Chris Galloher?), not to George Lucas himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:07 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
I personally would like to see more affinity in the future. New Republic needs some more characters with affinity.
Also they need to make a Han, Leia, Chewie, and Luke. For the New Republic faction.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:22 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Posts: 811
NO. Rob specifically says Lucas. Lucas is very hands on with everything. Most of the time its probably just run across his desk, but i have no doubt that Lucas has his hands in everything.

_________________
The Wookiee Master

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:40 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
I guess we won't be able to find out until next Gencon, but I think Rob is and always has been using "Lucas" informally. Kinda like saying something is a Xerox regardless of what brand of copier it is.

With the amount of SW licensed items it would be impossible for George to be even a cursory decisionmaker on 1% of it and still do what he does---make movies, run his companies, and raise a family. I'd bet that 1% is the super high-profile stuff like the TV shows, and the multimillion $ games like Force Unleashed, but debating the value of mouse droids or Nomi Sunrider in a niche game like SWM just doesn't seem likely to me.

Never know though...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:17 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Springfield
NickName wrote:
I guess we won't be able to find out until next Gencon, but I think Rob is and always has been using "Lucas" informally. Kinda like saying something is a Xerox regardless of what brand of copier it is.

With the amount of SW licensed items it would be impossible for George to be even a cursory decisionmaker on 1% of it and still do what he does---make movies, run his companies, and raise a family. I'd bet that 1% is the super high-profile stuff like the TV shows, and the multimillion $ games like Force Unleashed, but debating the value of mouse droids or Nomi Sunrider in a niche game like SWM just doesn't seem likely to me.

Never know though...


Maybe his idea of fun time with the kids is to break out the SWM. :)

_________________
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:12 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 1543
Location: Central CT
masterjudge wrote:
I personally would like to see more affinity in the future. New Republic needs some more characters with affinity.
Also they need to make a Han, Leia, Chewie, and Luke. For the New Republic faction.


We already have a NR Luke. Many of us would like to forget it though :x


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:32 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 167
Lucas doesn't deal with anything outside the movies, according to him that's all SW is.

Which is stupid because there is more EU content out there than anything to do with the movies.

I'd rather have more figs like Ruhk (thrawn's bg) than a worthless wedge or chewbacca.

But hey Rebel fans don't worry they'll just give you every Jedi that went underground and every person in the galaxy with a set.

Nevermind that Shaak Ti couldn't have joined the Rebellion due to the fact she'd be a magnet of Vader and all the people Vader had hunting down Jedi.

Nevermind the sanctity of storytelling


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:16 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
Lord_Nihl wrote:
Lucas doesn't deal with anything outside the movies, according to him that's all SW is.

Which is stupid because there is more EU content out there than anything to do with the movies.

I'd rather have more figs like Ruhk (thrawn's bg) than a worthless wedge or chewbacca.

But hey Rebel fans don't worry they'll just give you every Jedi that went underground and every person in the galaxy with a set.

Nevermind that Shaak Ti couldn't have joined the Rebellion due to the fact she'd be a magnet of Vader and all the people Vader had hunting down Jedi.

Nevermind the sanctity of storytelling


I agree with you on some of your points that more figs from EU and parts of Star Wars other than the movies need more characters. The characters from the OT have enough good characters already. Though I disagree with you saying that shaak ti wasn't in the rebellion because no one knows what happened in TFU yet, so for all we know she and other jedi could have been in the rebellion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:35 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
Lord_Nihl wrote:
Lucas doesn't deal with anything outside the movies, according to him that's all Nevermind the sanctity of storytelling


The ability to judge an unseen story is amazing. Yes, I know you feel she should be dead, but is that any different to how many times the Death Star plans have been stolen?

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:54 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
Quote:
I'd rather have more figs like Ruhk (thrawn's bg) than a worthless wedge or chewbacca.

But hey Rebel fans don't worry they'll just give you every Jedi that went underground and every person in the galaxy with a set.


How is getting an EU Imperial piece like Ruhk any different from getting an EU Rebel Jedi like Kota?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield