logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

So how do you like that big FU?
Total votes : 0

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 710
billiv15 wrote:
Boris wrote:
It is going to be fun, but I have to agree with Drew that the set could have done w/o a piece like Han in Carbonite block if it had meant getting just one, just one! Old Republic, Separatist, or Mando piece instead.


And I dont disagree with this. As I have said to Drew. But it doesnt have nearly the importance for me that it does him.

BTW Boris - check out the Vong squad I made for Drew. Who said the Vong got no figures :) Its on WotC.


Han in Carbonite I think will be a very good piece. Mark my words, I will use him and I will hopefully use him effectively.

To be honest there are only 10 figures I want from this set.

Shaak Ti JM: The ultimate Jedi on Jedi piece. I will definately see use with her.

High Carb Han: The tactics of this piece is nuts! I will tell more later...

Yuke: Wow, just wow. All those FP's are insane. I can see him being a very competitive piece with the right support.

Kota: Aurra just found a best friend. 24 defense, that is just sick. Vader like stats and perhaps the best FP in the game make this guy nuts. My Jango squad at 150 just got a face-lift.

Luke PU: For 28 points you don't get much better. I foresee a lot of play by him at all point formats. (40 damage within LOS is ridiculous)

Emperor Shadow Guard: With Thrawn this guy gives a lot of beef to chew threw. 90 HP with a 22 defense on a non-unique is awesome. My Swiss Army Knife is going to love this.

Maris Brood: THE new fringe Jedi. With Kota she is suddenly an incredible piece. Her, Kota and 2 Uggos could be a force to reckon with at 100 and she is very playable at any point format. Her force really gives her serious versitality.

Revan: Finesse, finesse, finesse. This piece will see a lot of play from me as you don't play him like your traditional beat-stick.

Caamasi Noble: Great Gambit piece. I can see using this in a tourney setting a lot with many types of figures. SS especially, with these will be great.

Rebel Vanguard: Missiles 30 for 11 points. Enough said...

_________________
www.thejumpingflea.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:37 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Tatooine aka Jax FL
Boris wrote:
It is going to be fun, but I have to agree with Drew that the set could have done w/o a piece like Han in Carbonite block if it had meant getting just one, just one! Old Republic, Separatist, or Mando piece instead.

Well I have a feeling LOTF and the KOTOR sets are gonna be like Champions with only a few of the "core" factions. But I think Hoth Han, or Wedge could have been replaced by Carth or someone else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:45 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
thejumpingflea wrote:

Han in Carbonite I think will be a very good piece. Mark my words, I will use him and I will hopefully use him effectively.

To be honest there are only 10 figures I want from this set.

Shaak Ti JM: The ultimate Jedi on Jedi piece. I will definately see use with her.

High Carb Han: The tactics of this piece is nuts! I will tell more later...

Yuke: Wow, just wow. All those FP's are insane. I can see him being a very competitive piece with the right support.

Kota: Aurra just found a best friend. 24 defense, that is just sick. Vader like stats and perhaps the best FP in the game make this guy nuts. My Jango squad at 150 just got a face-lift.

Luke PU: For 28 points you don't get much better. I foresee a lot of play by him at all point formats. (40 damage within LOS is ridiculous)

Emperor Shadow Guard: With Thrawn this guy gives a lot of beef to chew threw. 90 HP with a 22 defense on a non-unique is awesome. My Swiss Army Knife is going to love this.

Maris Brood: THE new fringe Jedi. With Kota she is suddenly an incredible piece. Her, Kota and 2 Uggos could be a force to reckon with at 100 and she is very playable at any point format. Her force really gives her serious versitality.


Caamasi Noble: Great Gambit piece. I can see using this in a tourney setting a lot with many types of figures. SS especially, with these will be great.

Rebel Vanguard: Missiles 30 for 11 points. Enough said...


I agree with all of the above, and Shaak Ti is my favorite in the set. She puts Darth Tyranus to Shame. She can do 60 with double and cunning, and then 40 with reposite. I also really want to get VA, redeemed, and Obi-Wan, Unleashed, because force spirit 8 is so vital with the force users nowadays, like with kota, maris, and luke pilot.

Don't forget the Rancor. That beast is so insane. I want to run two with Thrawn, mas, stormies, mabe wicket, and a weequay leader. So nice. 8)

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:58 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Newport News, Va
I'm juiced about this set. although alot of the characters are new, I think that it just made the game much more versatile. How many awesome peices did we get for not only DCI, but For mass battles, scenarios, And RPG? This is the first time a set has come out and I havn't said, wow this is getting ridiculous.

My only complaint, Wizards may be going a little overboard with the Hoth theme in all it's sets. I mean, another Elite Hoth trooper?

Other than that I believe this set is the New Clone Strike.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
I know I love it. The more I look at stuff, more ideas spring into my head. There are some very fun pieces in there.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:16 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:00 pm
Posts: 710
Location: Sterling, Illinois
Love it!

But I've loved all of the sets.

:D

_________________
Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
This set is pretty sick. Super-charged force users, insane commanders, cool new units, what else could you want?

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:41 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Tatooine aka Jax FL
SirStevee wrote:
This set is pretty sick. Super-charged force users, insane commanders, cool new units, what else could you want?

Ummm maybe a Separatist, Mando, OR, or Vong piece?? JK I love this set too but I just had to say that stuff lol.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:14 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
That would be broken, really. That would be just too good.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Fool wrote:
I am wishing that Hansickle let you pick the Han when your opponent revealed his/her squad.

It's too bad that's not the case.


He does. You reveal your Han of choice at the same time as reinforcements. The down side is, you must plan your squad to pay for the most expensive one you might want.

And to make it easy - you will never want Han Scoundrel from it. You must build for Han Sc to make him work - ie. PL and Obi FS. Han SC is a waste without it, especially starting in your opponent's end.

So assume the most expensive one you want is RH. Then you can still choose Rogue for only a loss of 3 pts :)

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Tatooine aka Jax FL
SirStevee wrote:
That would be broken, really. That would be just too good.

Yeah and stormies at 30 def isn't???


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Zac_Attack wrote:
SirStevee wrote:
That would be broken, really. That would be just too good.

Yeah and stormies at 30 def isn't???


No they are not. Do some thinking on this, I'll bet you can come up with a number of reasons why not (or read those we already wrote).

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:41 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Tatooine aka Jax FL
billiv15 wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:
SirStevee wrote:
That would be broken, really. That would be just too good.

Yeah and stormies at 30 def isn't???


No they are not. Do some thinking on this, I'll bet you can come up with a number of reasons why not (or read those we already wrote).

Well yeah they are susceptible to missles but still.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:44 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Zac_Attack wrote:
Well yeah they are susceptible to missles but still.


You got one. There are more - keep thinking.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:50 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Tatooine aka Jax FL
billiv15 wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:
Well yeah they are susceptible to missles but still.


You got one. There are more - keep thinking.

Well there is disruptive and melee attackers and all the new "unleashed" force powers that do small amounts of damage to large amounts of characters..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
Disruptive brings down the defense. Flame, missles, lighting, push, repulse, grenades, ect. Anything that doesn't rely on rolling a 15 to hit a stormtrooper.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Zac_Attack wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:
Well yeah they are susceptible to missles but still.


You got one. There are more - keep thinking.

Well there is disruptive and melee attackers and all the new "unleashed" force powers that do small amounts of damage to large amounts of characters..


Now we are getting somewhere. Loda and Yoda CS are my favorite option though. Reflect with MotF is death to Stormies :)

Any area of effect abilities - there are literally a ton out there now. Also its 100pts of commanders to even have stormies start to be worth anything. Thats not an effective squad in anything but 200+. And even in 200 its no where near the top.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:10 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:23 pm
Posts: 480
billiv15 wrote:
Any area of effect abilities - there are literally a ton out there now. Also its 100pts of commanders to even have stormies start to be worth anything. Thats not an effective squad in anything but 200+. And even in 200 its no where near the top.


People are continually mentioning the 30 defense option. I think the most bang for the buck (I really tend to think as a capitalist) is just keeping the defense at a nice 24 in cover. Add in Piett and Ozzel and you are spending 55 points on the commanders and Mas, 95 points left for Stormies, you get 19 of them.

Why people seem bent on looking at the Vader IC option is beyond me. Alternately, I like the idea of using B&B (albeit at less activations) with the 27 defense troopers (no Piett/Ozzel).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:25 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
emr131 wrote:
People are continually mentioning the 30 defense option. I think the most bang for the buck (I really tend to think as a capitalist) is just keeping the defense at a nice 24 in cover. Add in Piett and Ozzel and you are spending 55 points on the commanders and Mas, 95 points left for Stormies, you get 19 of them.

Why people seem bent on looking at the Vader IC option is beyond me. Alternately, I like the idea of using B&B (albeit at less activations) with the 27 defense troopers (no Piett/Ozzel).


Yep, I agree completely. We are on the same page with this one.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:38 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
billiv15 wrote:
Now we are getting somewhere. Loda and Yoda CS are my favorite option though. Reflect with MotF is death to Stormies :)


Holy crap....Luke & Yoda alone would massacre a Stormtrooper horde. :lol:

Sure, the Stormies are going to be, and probably quite annoying from time to time, but they won't be unbeatable. There's plenty of stuff in previous sets, and several things in this set to counter them. I love how it all works out. :D

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darth Ruthven and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield