logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Previews from WotC - from French Pretourny
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:12 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 602
From this thread:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=947729

Here's what I came home with:

Hoth Trooper Officer
Cost: 17
HP: 40
Defense: 17
Attack: +7
Damage: 10
Deadeye
Rebel trooper followers within 6 squares gain Deadeye.

Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Cost: 28
HP: 80
Defense: 19
Attack: +11
Damage: 20
Unique. Pilot
Demolition Charge
FORCE 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Push 4
Lightsaber Deflect

Princess Leia of Cloud City
Cost: 14
HP: 60
Defense: 16
Attack: +8
Damage: 20
Unique
FORCE 2
Force Sense

Wookie Warrior
Cost: 13
HP: 40
Defense: 13
Attack: +6
Damage: 20
Grenades 20

AT-AT Driver
Cost: 11
HP: 40
Defense: 15
Attack: +4
Damage: 20
Gunner

Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
Cost: 16
HP: 30
Defense: 18
Attack: +8
Damage: 10
Double Attack
Trooper followers within 6 squares gain Advantageous Cover.

Gotal Imperial Assassin
Cost: 21
HP: 40
Defense: 14
Attack: +7
Damage: 10
Accurate Shot
Careful Shot +6
Deadeye
Deadly Attack

Imperial Navy Trooper
Cost: 6
HP: 10
Defense: 13
Attack: +6
Damage: 10
Synchronized Fire

Raxus Prime Trooper
Cost: 5
HP: 10
Defense: 15
Attack: +5
Damage: 10
Wall Climber

Wookie Hunter AT-ST
Cost: 58
HP: 120
Defense: 14
Attack: +8
Damage: 40
Damage Reduction 10
Double Attack
Mobile Attack
Mounted Weapon
Net Gun 16
Rigid

Boba Fett, Mercenary
Cost: 58
HP: 110
Defense: 19
Attack: +10
Damage: 20
Unique
Flight
Bounty Hunter +4
Cunning Attack
Double Attack
Intuition

Caamasi Noble
Cost: 5
HP: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: +0
Damage: 0
Diplomat

Cloud Car Pilot
Cost: 8
HP: 10
Defense: 13
Attack: +5
Damage: 20
Pilot

Felucian Warrior on Rancor
Cost: 52
HP: 140
Defense: 20
Attack: +11
Damage: 20
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Melee Reach 2
Parry
Penetration 10
Regeneration 10
Speed 8
FORCE 2

Muun Tactics Broker
Cost: 8
HP: 10
Defense: 11
Attack: +3
Damage: 10
Tactics Broker

Ugnaught Tech
Cost: 7
HP: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: +0
Damage: 10
Industrial Repair 10
Melee Attack
Repair 10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 676
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 4982
awsomeness

Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
Cost: 16
HP: 30
Defense: 18
Attack: +8
Damage: 10
Double Attack
Trooper followers within 6 squares gain Advantageous Cover.

Insanity.................
Vader IC + this dude = troopers with 30 defence in cover.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:51 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 602
fingersandteeth wrote:
awsomeness

Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
Cost: 16
HP: 30
Defense: 18
Attack: +8
Damage: 10
Double Attack
Trooper followers within 6 squares gain Advantageous Cover.

Insanity.................
Vader IC + this dude = troopers with 30 defence in cover.


And that is why the Rebels now have cheap Missiles 30.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:55 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 602
"The Muun Tactics Broker seems very powerful to me. (In short, he costs 8. At the beginning of each round, you may sacrifice one of your own pieces (ie. an ewok). If you do, your opponent's initiative check is automatically a 1.) It can't imagine this not seeing a lot of play!"

In the famous words of Homer - "HOLY MACARONI!!!"

Kill an Uggie, Thrawn rolls a 1.

Dang.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:56 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 676
headache62 wrote:
"The Muun Tactics Broker seems very powerful to me. (In short, he costs 8. At the beginning of each round, you may sacrifice one of your own pieces (ie. an ewok). If you do, your opponent's initiative check is automatically a 1.) It can't imagine this not seeing a lot of play!"

In the famous words of Homer - "HOLY MACARONI!!!"

Kill an Uggie, Thrawn rolls a 1.

Dang.
Take out the "May" part. According to the rules insert, he MUST do it every time you check for initiative.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:59 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 602
Yeah, I just read that part. - you MUST kill someone - that is when you want a fig with repulse so you can kill the Tactics Broker when you need him dead.

Actually, I'll leave my opponent's Tactics Broker alive as long as I can :)

Although I did just read a nice idea - keep a Gonk Droid next to the Broker - when you want the Broker dead, just sacrifice the Droid. Boom.

Like Achmed the Dead Terrorist.


Last edited by headache62 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
Felucian on Rancor *drools*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:17 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
headache62 wrote:
fingersandteeth wrote:
awsomeness

Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
Cost: 16
HP: 30
Defense: 18
Attack: +8
Damage: 10
Double Attack
Trooper followers within 6 squares gain Advantageous Cover.

Insanity.................
Vader IC + this dude = troopers with 30 defence in cover.


And that is why the Rebels now have cheap Missiles 30.



Right and what about every other faction?
They are just screwed.

You know there is not one character in this set who can hit one without getting a 17 or more on his own ( Shooters that is) even the new Boba has got to get a 20 to hit. and that is to hit a 5 point character. Combining fire will help a bit but you are using up your activations very quickly.

The only way to win is take out all the commanders.
Flamethrowers, grenades, missiles have just become your best friends, but lets face it most factions have not got these and fringe characters do not have enough plus they are far more costly.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:44 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 326
Wow, lots of new initiative tricks in this set, and they're all a bit different. Muun Tactics Broker's best friend is Lobot - make your sacrificial ugnaughts free, and only bring in the MTB if you're facing an initiative control piece. I also foresee some neat door tricks with sacrificing the guy who's holding a door open. And I wonder if you can use him to line up a convenient Impulsive Sweep with Anakin... or at the very least, some fun tricks with Mon Mothma, or Leia Hoth Commander.

But woe to you if you have a MTB and you face San Hill, you'll have a traitor in your midst.

What a wonderfully designed piece! Hee hee!

And I think the Stormtrooper just got obsoleted, in my opinion, by the Raxus Prime Trooper. Wall Climber is awesome.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
dreadtech wrote:
The only way to win is take out all the commanders.
Flamethrowers, grenades, missiles have just become your best friends, but lets face it most factions have not got these and fringe characters do not have enough plus they are far more costly.


Really, didn't we get a TON of Fringe Grenades, Flamethrower, and Missiles in BH.

Ironically, the Super Stormies worst enemy is an Imperial (Veers Hologram).

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:52 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Sithborg wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
The only way to win is take out all the commanders.
Flamethrowers, grenades, missiles have just become your best friends, but lets face it most factions have not got these and fringe characters do not have enough plus they are far more costly.


Really, didn't we get a TON of Fringe Grenades, Flamethrower, and Missiles in BH.

Ironically, the Super Stormies worst enemy is an Imperial (Veers Hologram).


A lot of the BH got them but you can take 5 stormtrooper for the cost of Bossk, more for the others.
"plus they are far more costly" as i said.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
All this Defensive boosting does little for their offensive capabilities. Seriously, Vader and the Raxus Prime w/Mas is 77 points. Once you start going over 100 (Thrawn, Piett, Ozzel) of CE's, it starts to get a little difficult. I don't see Bossk having too much issue taking out close to his points in Stormies.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:18 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 326
Oh, and I forgot... I might not mind sacrificing an Ugnaught each turn for initiative control if it happens to have, oh I don't know, Self-Destruct 10 or something.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:23 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
I know the defense is insane, but all it takes is force push or repulse and they are all dead. Or missles, or flamethrower, whatever you have.



I'm glad the set with the most insane defense boosts also has the best way to kill them. Clone squds with Palpatine are actually possible now, thanks to advantageuos cover.



Also, with the tactics broker, the need for a detonator is obsolete. You can just move all of your bombs adjacent to the target, and sacrifice a gran or whatever, then a huge chain explosion. Winning initative for a Nom Bomb is also obsolete with the broker.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:10 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
barzillai wrote:
Oh, and I forgot... I might not mind sacrificing an Ugnaught each turn for initiative control if it happens to have, oh I don't know, Self-Destruct 10 or something.


Reading the description seems to imply that it won't trigger it.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 599
Location: LFP, WA
SirStevee wrote:
Also, with the tactics broker, the need for a detonator is obsolete. You can just move all of your bombs adjacent to the target, and sacrifice a gran or whatever, then a huge chain explosion. Winning initative for a Nom Bomb is also obsolete with the broker.


I'm pretty sure he can sacrifice himself, let me check the rules again...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
The tactics broker cannot. It says another character.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:30 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
Sithborg wrote:

Reading the description seems to imply that it won't trigger it.




Where? Tactics broker says the charcter is defeated, and self-destruct says when this charcter is defeated, deal X damage to adjacent characters. That doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't it work? It's like sacrificing a gonk to kun. Explosion, then exar kun.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:40 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 326
Sithborg wrote:
barzillai wrote:
Oh, and I forgot... I might not mind sacrificing an Ugnaught each turn for initiative control if it happens to have, oh I don't know, Self-Destruct 10 or something.


Reading the description seems to imply that it won't trigger it.


"Choose one other character in your squad. Remove the chosen character from play (it counts as defeated)..."

"When a character is defeated" is the event that triggers self-destruct, avoid defeat, impulsive whatever, and Mon Mothma's CE. So I think it would work.

So many opportunities for this piece. Mon Mothma + Jabba + MTB + Ugnaught Boss + a swarm of Ugnaughts that run up to the enemy, and before initiative is rolled one is sacrificed, it gets a cunning deathblow for 30, then explodes for 10 triggering all its neighboring Ugnaughts to deathblow + explode too. And then we roll initiative and you almost certainly lose. Totally nerfed by disruptive I know, but I'm sure there's a good use for this piece... it will be fun to try to figure out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield