logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Quantity or Quality?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Alright, I just wanted to post this as (hopefully) an encouragement to all those awesome designers who create the V-Sets to keep the game alive. You guys have been awesome, and after seeing all 60 stats for V-Set #1, I'm sure V-Set #2 and all the V-Sets after that will be as good as, if not better, than the first V-Set. I'm even more impressed of the "pro" status cards, and the fact that you re-instituted the 60 sets and tried to boost each and every faction, not just creating figures that focus on about 4 specific factions (mentioning no companies, mentioning no factions :) ). Making the community part of each V-Set, and getting their input, which actually COUNTS (again, mentioning no companies) towards the stats is really incredible. Dnemiller, It was great seeing a thread on Bloomilk asking the members there about their input on V-Set #3, even though you had some bitter problems over there on that site.

However, I'm sure you're going to come by rough spots/times while you create these great sets, i.e.: production/shipping costs, finding enough playtesters, etc. After all, coming up with 60 perfectly-costed figures is hard to get. So I just want to ask this:

Quantity or Quality?

Quality all the way. I would much rather have 40, even 30 figures in a V-Set with needed figures in needed factions with great stats that actually match their cost (mentioning no characters...*cough* Rieekan *cough*) over 60 figures that were just slapped together randomly that have outrageous costs. So, just want to say, good job and props for you, and I'll be a supporter of each and every V-Set until I become "too cool" for Star Wars, or until I die. Quality over quantity! :D :P

BTW, the company's name I was referring to was "WOTC" if you haven't noticed yet :D :D

Post subject: Re: Quantity or Quality?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Let me know what you think of the Battle of Theed Palace set.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Cremebrule, your comments are greatly appreciated, I assure you. Quality is very important, but we will still bring quantity to the game as well.

VSet 1 was a long and arduous process, mostly because it was the first attempt. They pulled it out in the end, and the final product was well received (that is an understatement for sure). The goal was to bring balance to many factions which were left behind by the "previous company."

VSet 2 is coming along much quicker and smoother, for many reasons (experience, delegation, a Project Manager, etc.).

VSet 3 will not be a great deal behind #2, which is wonderful news to many, I am sure.

The Battle of Theed Palace, while only a small set, will still bring old pieces back to light (I will admit I know nothing of the set, so that I can have a surprise for once).

Then there is . . . wait, what are these guys doing here . . . no, you cannot silence me!

<<< STATIC >>>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Quality is definitely the key ingredient.

While I have issues with about a half dozen of the DOTF figures, I think overall it went a long way to balance things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Lord_Ball wrote:
Quality is definitely the key ingredient.

While I have issues with about a half dozen of the DOTF figures, I think overall it went a long way to balance things.

I agree 100%. If the detail nazi (my new nickname for you Lord Bal :)) only had half a dozen issues, then I think we did a darn good job!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29