logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

How will you support Renegades and Rouges?
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $25 to get the set. 54%  54%  [ 42 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $20 to get the set. 27%  27%  [ 21 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $15 to get the set. 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $10 to get the set. 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $5 to get the set. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will NOT spend any money on them because I know others recieved professionally printed set of DOTF for free. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I will only use the cards that are free to download. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 78

Post subject: Cards for Renegades and Rogues?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The interest in Destiny of the Force took many here by surprise. Cards were shipped to nearly every state and all over the world. I am always glad to hear the feedback from the community. But I am wondering if interest Renegades and Rouges will be the same. So I pose this simple question to the community. How will you support Renegades and Rouges?
You only get one vote.

Post subject: Re: Cards for Renegades and Rouges?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
$25 is an absolute bargain for these cards. For the old Wizards cards I would put all C and UC in soft sleeves and R and VR in hard sleeves. The V-Set cards are so much rarer than the Wizards produced cards, it doesn't make sense not to keep them all in hard sleeves. It is absolutely fantastic that the cards are available for free down load and home printing but I think the pro printed sets really keep the game at level we need to maintain to keep the game from dying off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:45 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

R5Don4 wrote:
$25 is an absolute bargain for these cards. For the old Wizards cards I would put all C and UC in soft sleeves and R and VR in hard sleeves. The V-Set cards are so much rarer than the Wizards produced cards, it doesn't make sense not to keep them all in hard sleeves. It is absolutely fantastic that the cards are available for free down load and home printing but I think the pro printed sets really keep the game at level we need to maintain to keep the game from dying off.

Thanks for your input

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Yeah $25 dollars is a bargain for the cards.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I totally agree, $25 is still a bargain for such a quality product, even when paying insane shipping costs to get them to Europe ;)
I don't care if others get them for free, some can't afford it and others are just freeloaders and that's just how it is. I'm really just glad we get these new sets at all, so happy to pay the cost.

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437

Last edited by biggsy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I used to pay $130-150 for each WotC set. I'll gladly pay up to $40 for a set of 60 cards, of the quality of DotF.

I'm fine with the freebies, because I understand some people really can't pay - even if there are some free loaders out there.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think $25 is a bargain.

I also think its great to have the free download option for those who cant/wont pay. It goes a long way to shut down skeptics when there is a freebie option. However, I would feel like a thief getting these for free.

WWJD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:38 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

sashlon wrote:
However, I would feel like a thief getting these for free.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Thanks for the feedback folks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I am one of the people who got a free set, how ever I did spend my own funds to forward and ship out KS paid people across my state. That was only 14.00 for the ones I did nto deliver by hand so not a big deal.

These cards were beautiful and if we can expect the same quality then I have no problem or hesitation in saying I would pay 25.00 this time and still deliver the addtional cards. Though it would be great if there was perhaps a tiered offering like 15.00 for one set 25.00 for 2 and maybe a premum deal like 40 for 2 sets and a random uncut sheet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm 

25$ does seem like a great deal. 'Specially if it's as awesome as everyone says it is! (which i don't doubt...just i've never seen the set of printed DOTF cards in person yet)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Glad to pay $25 for these cards. We have got a lot of play out of them already. I am ok with the free sets, actually got a couple for players and understand some can not pay.

Post subject: Re: Cards for Renegades and Rogues?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

I would pay well over $25 and I certainly don;t mind paying more so that some can get them for free. I agree that without the professionally printed cards that our game would start to die off. They are that nice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 pm 
General
General

I think this time there does need to be a minimum price fixed to the set, to cut down on the freeloading. I have no problem with people getting their sets for free, but the problem was that there were not enough sets to go around due to so many people saying "I want X sets!" and not paying for them. How many groups had to cut down their requests and tell people that they couldn't have a set because there were none left? Even worse, this all happened AFTER payment had been made. Normally you would expect to pay $X and receive X sets; not pay $X and then haggle for what you can get.

Anyway, first time learning curve here, I expect the next time to be smoother with experience. I intend to support the next set same as the first set (basically I paid for the V-Sets for all our local players, small investment for the sake of the game!).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'll happily pay $25 for the next set. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

One problem is that if you just say "It will be $25 per set, if you don't pay you don't get it", then it gets pretty close to selling the sets as opposed to the money being a donation and the sets being free. For legal reasons this can cause some trouble.

But if given the opportunity, I'd certainly pay $25 (or more) for a set.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Contributing $25 to help with the costs and get this set is a deal.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:36 pm 
General
General

Echo wrote:
One problem is that if you just say "It will be $25 per set, if you don't pay you don't get it", then it gets pretty close to selling the sets as opposed to the money being a donation and the sets being free. For legal reasons this can cause some trouble.

It'd have to be carefully worded, I agree. At the least though people should be covering the costs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
I got my monies worth for the 25 I put into KS for the donation drive for DOTF, I would glady do that again for R&R and the set after that. However as the player base around me is dying it is hard for me to justify paying any more

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wedge772 wrote:
Echo wrote:

It'd have to be carefully worded, I agree. At the least though people should be covering the costs.

Well, the easy way to do it is to just make the price $10 per set. Or $12.50 per set if you want to. Then people who donate $20-$25 would actually get 2 sets sent to them. Then people who only want one set can only donate $10.

Personally, I think that the whole thing ought to be done based on a "cost per set" + "cost for shipping" type basis. And then if your local group wants to save on shipping some, then you just arrange for 1 person to order 20 sets. Then all people have to give their money to that person ahead of time. If those groups want to be nice to some people in their group, and have some folks donate $15 for one set, while one other guy only does $5, then let them work that out in their individual groups.

Whatever we do though, it needs to be made more simple for Dean or whoever will be handling the money/shipping this time around.