PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Gotta love the French...

Blizzard Scout 1
Imperial
Cost: 54
HP: 120 Def: 15 Atk: +10 Dam: 40
SA: Unique, Twin Attack, Rigid, Mounted Weapon, Damage Reduction 10, Charging Fire, Flanking Attack (Until the end of the round, enemies attacked by this character get -4 Def against allies with Mounted Weapon), Rapport (names contain AT-STs cost 10 less)

General Veers, Hologram
Imperial
Cost: 17
HP: NA Def: NA Atk: NA Dam: NA
SA: Unique, Hologram (Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack, be damaged, or count as a legal target. Does not provide cover. This character is defeated when it activates an there are no Trooper allies within 2 squares)
CE: At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 non-unique Trooper follower within 2 squares. Until the end of the round, that follower gains Fire Support Mission (Replaces turn. Choose 1 enemy within Line of Sight. 60 Damage to target enemy and each character within 2 squares, save 6. A successful save reduces damage to 10))

Umm, wow.

Last edited by Sithborg on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:58 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I told you Scott :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

OUI OUI! J'e temme Francais!

LOL, how obvious is it that I took French 13 years ago!

Post subject:
Warmaster
Warmaster

....I hate the Imperials.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:09 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

veers is nuts, well opportunist stormtrooper squads will be more popular than ever now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:35 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I am really liking Veers, Hologram, but I am not to sure that Blizzard 1 will help make AT-STs tournament viable (not to say that they are not fun :)).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:04 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Who wants to bet the first rules question is about Flanking Attack?

Also looks like my guess of the Wookie AT-ST having damage 30 and twin is probably wrong since Blizzard 1 got Twin and kept its 40 damage per shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:13 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Blizard 1 is powerful, but then so is Hologram Veers, especially with Scout Troopers who have Stealth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

This is gonna be sweet.

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:36 am 
General
General

So... broken record time!

Blizzard 1:
It gains +2 attack, +1 defense, Twin, Charging Fire, Flanking Maneuver, and gives out Rapport to AT-STs... it loses grenades 20, double, mobile, and is a unique. Worth the 0 point difference... I think so.

Come on you naysayers, do your best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How does the hologram veers move? I mean Obi spirit specifically calls out speed 2, so since he doesn't say anything I can assume he moves 12?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wow, I about had a heart attack for a minute because I didn't see 'Unique' at first on Blizzard Scout 1's card. Thank the maker it is there. Still, Flanking Fire is sick. BS1 doesn't even actually have to hit, just attack it. Depending on what the cost is for the new Wookiee Hunter AT-ST, I think we'll be seeing a few more 2-3 AT-ST Thrawn Swap squads at 200 points now. Thrawn, BS1, AT-ST, and AT-ST Wookiee Hunter (assuming it is 54 pts as well) is 187 points, lol. Even just BS1 and a regular AT-ST would be crazy. The Regular AT-ST would then effectively have a +15 attack between Thrawn and Flanking Fire. Crazy.

Oh, and Veers....dang dude. Shouldn't be too terribly hard to counter if you've got an accurate shooter. Just try to force your opponent to activate their troopers and then wipe the ones closest to Veers out towards the end of a round. Of course, a Vader IC squad with Piett and Veers will be NASTY. Wow....

Now if we just knew the price tag for the Hoth Set. I might have to find somebody who actually needs the other Rares in the set so I can buy it just for the AT-ST and Veers and get rid of the rest. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:50 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
You mean just get rid of most of the set. Circle based DVIC and HS Taun-taun. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It will be interesting to see how this interacts with the wookiee killer AT-ST.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

emr131 wrote:
So... broken record time!

Blizzard 1:
It gains +2 attack, +1 defense, Twin, Charging Fire, Flanking Maneuver, and gives out Rapport to AT-STs... it loses grenades 20, double, mobile, and is a unique. Worth the 0 point difference... I think so.

Come on you naysayers, do your best.

Unique is a huge drawback for imperials, but overall this is probably better than a regular AT-ST 9 out of 10 times. However, I can't say this is power creep since its still a 54 point rigid huge. I can't imagine playing this over, say, Vader or Apprentice in any normal tournament because of the map limitions. What is interesting is that the "Rapport" gives a good estimate of how overcosted Huges were in the past and what they plan on doing on the future - expect a 20% reduction in point cost for huges in general.

Hologram veers looks interesting, but I'm not sure about it. Certainly will want to give it a try in an IC squad, but basically its 17 points for the cool fire from above power. Its "super accurate" since it ignors cover and just requires line of sight (Take that super stealth!) but the save 6 means it'll rarely do the 60 damage. A 2 square range is only 4 more squares than adjacent for normal base characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

After looking at this more, I think I'd have to agree with EMR on this one. Yes it is much better than the old AT-ST. HOWEVER, we know for a fact that Rob was aiming to make new Huges more playable, so it should be better than the old AT-ST. How much better is the question I guess. The Rapport 10 seems to indicate that BS1 is about 10 points better than the UH AT-ST. That sound about right? In my mind, the combination of Charging and Twin is crazy. Granted, Rigid still restricts that a bit, but it opens up a ton of possibilities with Thrawn now, since you don't necessarily have to waste an AT-STs activation just to get into a position for swapping.

So, I can see the creep a little bit, but I have to say that this is the only one that appears that way to me. Since it's Unique, and will only be found in the $50-$60 Hoth pack, I guess Rob and Co. felt the power increase was OK. Although....unless Luke's Speeder and the Golan Arms Turret are pretty powerful, the balance for Hoth scenarios just tipped farther in the Imperials direction. :lol:

And I just noticed the way Veer's abilities are worded. WHEN you activate, so at the beginning of the turn, there must be a trooper with 2 squares (basically adjacent), but the Fire Support Mission doesn't happen until the end of Veer's turn. I'm thinking it won't really be all that hard to play defense against that guy. We'll see. It is going to annoy Super Stealth squads. Perhaps Holo Veers and Vader Unleashed is Rob's solution to SS ruling on Korriban? Other cool thing I realized is that Veer is still subject to Thrawn's CE, so you'll be able to swap him around if you need to get him into a better position!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Blizzard is what you would expect, especially since Rob wants to make the huges more playable, just like Melee. AT-ST's are now somewhat competitive again, and that's a good thing.

Veers puts severe limitations on movement, and as mentioned before, if you're good with your Accurate Shots, you should be able to get rid of an opponent's Veers fairly easily. But he does add a fun element to the game.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:29 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

the Blizzard is a helluva lot better than the normal AT-ST's. Even with the Unique restriction.

Veers will be annoying, nothing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

LoboStele wrote:
Thrawn, BS1, AT-ST, and AT-ST Wookiee Hunter (assuming it is 54 pts as well) is 187 points, lol.

Your math is off. That would be 179 points.