logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:24 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Lord_Nihl wrote:
No way around it. Its too bad Wotc makes the pieces based on marketing and not the actual idea of Star Wars, which is so much better and vast than those oh so horribly acted movies.

Except you only count the specifically EU Factions as truly EU. If its a movie faction - then it doesnt count.

Drew - we arent going to agree on this - but at least do a study on the amount of material actually present in the Star Wars Universe. The sheer volume of stuff (EU) is still with the movie factions by a very large margin. There are vastly more games, books and comics about the Rebels, Imperials and Republic than any of the EU factions.

Lol @ "not the actual idea of Star Wars"... Are you kidding me? Star Wars is about the movies. You have no EU without them. This isnt some mystical religious environment that the movies have polluted with their commercialization. Its a cheap low budget sci fi that spawned now 3 generations of fans and all the EU that you love. I dont know what in the hell you are talking about???

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:58 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Zac_Attack wrote:
I think once we should get good EU figs that aren't super hard to pull.

*cough*Mara Jade*Cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:39 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

EmporerDragon wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:

*cough*Mara Jade*Cough*

Dude out of 4 cases I only ever pulled one. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Boris wrote:
Lord_Nihl wrote:
Hansickle is a waste of a piece and a whatever R or VR slot it used.

A complete gimmie to people who only like the movies.

I agree it's something they could have held off in lieu of a different piece, but I think the piece has some major potential in skirmish play. 14 points to get Han in Stormtrooper Armor in play on the first or second round? That would be crazy.

You basically grab Luke's Snowspeeder, move it 32 squares (or less) at the end of a round, and then you have Han sitting in the middle of the enemy ready for a Furious Assault. Or, you can even get Han Scoundrel in there for 23 points, with a Cunning/Twin on the first phase of the game.

I think it will be one of those pieces that beats the crap out of people's squads for about the first 4-6 games until the opponent figures out where to put it so it can't hurt them.

If you're running B&B, though, you just don't want to start round 2 or 3 with Thrawn staring at Han Scoundrel in Thrawn's starting area.

You may get Han SA for 14 point or Han scoundrel for 24 points with Han in carbonit, but the truth is you will lose more than that amount of points you save getting to him. you may as well just take the Han you wonted in the first place.
I still think this is the worst mini ever. Still there are plenty of good minis in this set to make me wont to but it, as for this Han if i pull him i am sure i can sell/swap him.

"A complete gimmie to people who only like the movies."[/quote]

Agreed. If they had to do two Han's why couldn't one be new republic. So you could take Han and not have to take Jannia as well, not that there anything wrong with Jannia but sometimes you do not wont both.

As for EU i to would like more ( More Faction based minis OR, NR, Sith, Mando's, Vong.) minis. If WOTC are going to start bringing minis out just for the sake of it like This Han in carbonit or a C-3PO with his leg missing just because it's a scene from the film then this will be my last set. There are far better minis to do.

"Dude out of 4 cases I only ever pulled one. LOL"

It does seem that certain areas get larger numbers of pacific minis. I got 3 out of 3 cases. But not everyone got one or my 2 extra would not have sold.

Sorry to interrupt your topic but it is a general conservation right. anyone can join in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Boris wrote:
You basically grab Luke's Snowspeeder, move it 32 squares (or less) at the end of a round, and then you have Han sitting in the middle of the enemy ready for a Furious Assault. Or, you can even get Han Scoundrel in there for 23 points, with a Cunning/Twin on the first phase of the game.

Except that the Han that is freed is considered Activated for that round. So the absolute earliest you could use him is Round 2. But I do think Luke's SS or one of the Rebel Obi-Wan's may be the best options for freeing Han.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 am 
True Bothan Spy
True Bothan Spy

Zac_Attack wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:

*cough*Mara Jade*Cough*

I got one in every case! I actually traded a few away and still have an extra or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:10 pm 

gwek wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
Zac_Attack wrote:

*cough*Mara Jade*Cough*

I got one in every case! I actually traded a few away and still have an extra or two.

Yeah that happened to my friend he got em all I just got one. But hey I got one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:23 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

"You basically grab Luke's Snowspeeder, move it 32 squares (or less) at the end of a round, and then you have Han sitting in the middle of the enemy ready for a Furious Assault. Or, you can even get Han Scoundrel in there for 23 points, with a Cunning/Twin on the first phase of the game."

A fair tactic but it does assume that there is a space to land Luke SS next to Han, As a huge i doubt that's gonna happen in round 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:22 pm 

dreadtech wrote:
"You basically grab Luke's Snowspeeder, move it 32 squares (or less) at the end of a round, and then you have Han sitting in the middle of the enemy ready for a Furious Assault. Or, you can even get Han Scoundrel in there for 23 points, with a Cunning/Twin on the first phase of the game."

A fair tactic but it does assume that there is a space to land Luke SS next to Han, As a huge i doubt that's gonna happen in round 1.

Yeah I love that idea. I can't wait to try it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:04 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

dreadtech wrote:

Definetely not if the person you're playing has any sense. If I'm playing someone with Hansickle and Luke's Snowspeeder you can be sure I'm going to drop Han in the worst possible place I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:38 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Put han in the corner with an Ug diagonally, adn the speeder cant reach him that round. Then you kill the speeder next round.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, I think overall the Dark Hellion Swoop Bike will have a much better chance at freeing Han. But here I thinking, that if I bring a 10 pt swoop bike just for the purpose of freeing Han, well, that's 10 points in my squad for nothing more than the purpose of using Hansickle. And if the swoop dies before it gets to Han, than that was worthless. Sure, I might've saved 23 points using Hansickle, but now with adding in 10 points for a swoop, I've now only saved 13 points. I'm just not sure it will really be worth it. Perhaps if you're using Yavin Temple as your map, or some other map where you know that Luke's Speeder or a regular Snowspeeder could reach any of the squares in the starting area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I went to DC on business for about a week and what happens? All the stats come out.

Some of these pieces are not what I expected. Some of the CE's and SA's are starting to get pretty complex.

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8