logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:10 am 
General
General

NickName wrote:
Either say nothing publicly, or share what you know like the people who shared with you. Tossing out "hints" just makes this forum look like the same kind of moderator clubhouse elsewhere that was the genesis for this site being made in he first place.

Just my 2 cents. (On the positive side, the removal of 10 billion stickies is lovely. Thank you.)
They want it from Rob. It's very different situation when they're on a site where everyone is openly sharing any tidbit they can find and then find out you're holding out on doing the same for them.

Again, this is just food for future consideration. I'm sure no one is really upset with you guys, but I cringed when I saw Bill's hint and the OP of this thread when I saw them last night--I could see where it was headed.

QFT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ooh kay then. Will remember that for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 am 
General
General

If you just would have said: It's a character's name and his/her/it's CE, then I could have gotten it, I think. I just didn't know if I was even on the right track since so little information was given. Had it been a proper Bothan Transmission with stats and Special Abilities and everything, it would have been easier, because I would have known what exactly I was trying to figure out.

Adder's "hint" about the 1 being in his name threw me off. Obviously, with the only number in his CE being a 1, I would have checked out a San-like CE. Too bad I didn't understand the rules, I could've used that Quinlan...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:34 am 
General
General

Fool wrote:
err........

I'm a fool

What's QFT?

"Quoted for Truth"
a.k.a "Yeah, what he said." :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

shinja wrote:
Adder's "hint" about the 1 being in his name threw me off. Obviously, with the only number in his CE being a 1, I would have checked out a San-like CE. Too bad I didn't understand the rules, I could've used that Quinlan...

LOL, adder wasn't giving a hint. I think he was just mis-interpreting how the original thing got posted. Looks like he thought that because all the capital letters, the parenteses, and the number "1" were in that first line, that they had to be part of the name. Wish I had realized that's what he meant, I would've corrected him right away. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

This was a fun diversion, and would be cool with ground rules like Shinja mentions above.

I agree with others that with spoilers/previews coming out so often now just before the release this isn't the best time for it, but I enjoyed the puzzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am 
General
General

Menoth's Fire wrote:
Fool wrote:
err........

I'm a fool

What's QFT?

"Quoted for Truth"

I always thought it stood for "Quite F'ing True". I guess the sentiment is the same.

Seriously, how much better can Piett/Stormtrooper hordes get? I guess it depends on just how much Ozzel costs, but I'd be willing to guess it's under 10 (given that San has the same CE AND Reserves).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:52 am 
General
General

Wedge772 wrote:
Menoth's Fire wrote:
Fool wrote:
err........

I'm a fool

What's QFT?

"Quoted for Truth"

I always thought it stood for "Quite F'ing True". I guess the sentiment is the same.

Seriously, how much better can Piett/Stormtrooper hordes get? I guess it depends on just how much Ozzel costs, but I'd be willing to guess it's under 10 (given that San has the same CE AND Reserves).

Unless I missed something: Troopers squads, while getting better and better, had yet to really break into the top tier. Hopefully, they'll get there with this set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I will say, much as I hate wordplay...

Thank you for getting this information. I appreciate the effort you've put into it, and I'm sorry for any perceived slight on my part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:55 am 
General
General

B&B got a bit of a boost... although a different kind. Sure you might lose the ability to swing and swap at the start of the round, but good luck out-activating them without a San/Ozzel build.

Mmmmm stall squads for the win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First you title the post a name of an upcoming set = people confused
then you throw out a BT and expect people to know all you have is a title and CE = more confusing
then you throw out hint's that only make sense in your head = concussion
I mean, I was supposed to guess that a fifth of a fifth of a fifth crap was that you only had title and CE???
Hell, I spent 1/2 an hour thinking that every fifth letter was supposed to be a number and use that to come up with cost, attack, and def. all at work mind you :twisted:

If I had time, a torch, knew how to track, had an anger problem, and where obsessive compulsive...I would hunt you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:02 pm 
General
General

emr131 wrote:
B&B got a bit of a boost... although a different kind. Sure you might lose the ability to swing and swap at the start of the round, but good luck out-activating them without a San/Ozzel build.

Mmmmm stall squads for the win.

No swing/swap, but unless you face San/Ozzel you'll be able to ensure you'll have plenty of activations after your opponent without having a ton of fodder. Move/Swap/Swing without retaliation is a little easier to garauntee now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:03 pm 
General
General

Boba52 wrote:
First you title the post a name of an upcoming set = people confused
then you throw out a BT and expect people to know all you have is a title and CE = more confusing
then you throw out hint's that only make sense in your head = concussion
I mean, I was supposed to guess that a fifth of a fifth of a fifth crap was that you only had title and CE???
Hell, I spent 1/2 an hour thinking that every fifth letter was supposed to be a number and use that to come up with cost, attack, and def. all at work mind you :twisted:

If I had time, a torch, knew how to track, had an anger problem, and where obsessive compulsive...I would hunt you down.

Easy tiger and mind your manners. We are not in the market for a "raging, angry douche". We are only accepting applications for "your run-of-the-mill internet jerks". And what do you mean "IF you had an anger problem?!" :roll:

PS thanks guys for trying, but as stated, it was the wrong time/place for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, love the response ^^ Menoth. :P

Yeah, Ozzel bring's a really interesting piece to the Imperials.

It's kind of cool because all the yammering we've done the past months about changing initiative, a lot of it has been around the fact that with Thrawn, you have 95% chance to win init, and then activate two characters, making sure Vader gets to safety.

Now, with Ozzel, you could pretty much guarantee that you'll get to activate last, and be able to swap Vader in at the end of a round without him getting hit at all, but now you have to make choice. Either swap Vader out with the first activation, or make your attacks and hope he can survive a couple of hits.

Main thing I want to know is how Ozzel will work with Grand Moff Tarkin. If Tarkin can over-rule Ozzel, that would make for some VERY interesting squad builds. Get you the 2-3 activations you need when they really count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I'd like to add my "Thanks for the spoiler, Fool". I may actually have to try running an Imp squad now.

Hmmm...so, you think an Ozzel squad vs. a San Hill squad will take a long time to play? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 pm 
General
General

Seriously, thanks for doing this Fool. A few ground rules next time, and I'll be all over it.

I think some people were just frustrated by the vague hints from the seemingly endless stream of people who knew information that we didn't.

Doing more Bothan Transmissions is a good idea though (especially with prizes!). :)

Regarding Ozzel: I'm annoyed they couldn't come up with a more original CE to give him, but putting it in the Imperial faction is definitely interesting. I like that it's a boost to the Empire that actually doesn't work well with Thrawn. Maybe we'll see some more variety in Imperial squads now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:23 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:
Main thing I want to know is how Ozzel will work with Grand Moff Tarkin. If Tarkin can over-rule Ozzel, that would make for some VERY interesting squad builds. Get you the 2-3 activations you need when they really count.

A penalty is a penalty, it can't be overriden by CE's.

Example, K3PO gives speed 8 to droids but a gonk still has speed 2 regardless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, but they are both CEs, and neither one is necessarily a penalty depending on how you look at it. Maybe if you're a really good player you drop Ozzel next to your target toward the end of a round and then swap in Vader Unleashed and use LT5, hitting Ozzel as one of the 'characters'. LOL.

Skywalker2B wrote:
Hmmm...so, you think an Ozzel squad vs. a San Hill squad will take a long time to play? :)

It shouldn't. The problem is, too many people don't really know how to run San Hill effectively, and end up looking at the wrong pieces to move too often. It really should take VERY LITTLE effort the first 3 or 4 rounds if you're playing a San squad. You tap San and tap some filler. Sure, sometimes you move them around a bit, but once you've played the squad a dozen times or so, on a couple of different maps, you get the general feel of it. The first 3 or 4 rounds of the game you do much the same thing every round. It isn't until you are fully engaged in combat that it takes much more time to decide what are the right moves.

It theoretically shouldn't make games slower. It just means each of your turns should be half as long as normal. ;)

Last edited by LoboStele on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 pm 
General
General

Actually the correct interaction is you must abide by both sets of CE's... Tarkin says 1, 2, or 3. Ozzel says 1. You can do both CE's... by activating 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

The cool thing about Ozzel is that Tarkin has to have LOS, Ozzel doesn't.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next