logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: DotF Rules Insert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I'm just curious. We have a tournament coming up on the Saturday the 18th, and I was wondering if the Rules Insert/Clarification for the new special abilities will be released by then. There are a few SAs that my friends and I have had some questions about and we're hoping that they will be clarified there. Does anyone know when we can expect it to be released?

Roy

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

Post subject: Re: DotF Rules Insert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

drkjedi35 wrote:
I'm just curious. We have a tournament coming up on the Saturday the 18th, and I was wondering if the Rules Insert/Clarification for the new special abilities will be released by then. There are a few SAs that my friends and I have had some questions about and we're hoping that they will be clarified there. Does anyone know when we can expect it to be released?

Roy

should be up by then I think. Keep an eye out, I think the rules stuff is done and in final publication production. If they aren't posted by friday, pm me your questions and I'll be sure you get the answers you need.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:03 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Why not just start posting the questions in the Rules section of the forum? Is there an embargo on posting stats/questions till the 15th? I didn't know if I missed that memo somewhere. I figured since people had their cards in hand, that everything would be free reign. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The rules insert should be out soon, but because people have their cards in hand, I do want to go ahead and unveil this. It's too important to hold back. I don't want anyone learning to play one of the cards with Force abilities the wrong way. You're going to see Force abilities continue.

Quote:
Force abilities: Some characters have Force powers that remain in effect beyond that character's turn. These are called Force abilities. A Force ability remains active for the designated time. Force abilities cannot be cancelled unless the character is defeated, or at the moment the ability is activated (if a character with a Force canceling power like Force Absorb or Force Defense is within the required range at the time of activation). Force abilities that don't last until the end of the skirmish are negated prematurely if the character using it rolls a save, spends Force points, makes an attack, or is dealt damage. The ability immediately ends if the character joins an opponent's squad. Characters with Force Immunity ignore Force abilities.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hmm... that's interesting. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
hum...

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm 

LoboStele wrote:
Why not just start posting the questions in the Rules section of the forum? Is there an embargo on posting stats/questions till the 15th? I didn't know if I missed that memo somewhere. I figured since people had their cards in hand, that everything would be free reign. :P

I was actually thinking about that, but then I thought there must be a reason that the rules insert hadn't been released yet and I didn't wanna be "that guy". But if it's OK, I will post my questions there.

Roy

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm 

drkjedi35 wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

I was actually thinking about that, but then I thought there must be a reason that the rules insert hadn't been released yet and I didn't wanna be "that guy". But if it's OK, I will post my questions there.

Roy

Sure, go for it :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29