Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?d ... e-224.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Cool. nice find.
Master Kota is a little costly but nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Fool wrote:
How about that Junk golem, hey!??!?!?

Kazdan has a new pet!

Nice as well Not to keen on huge characters but i will try this out.

Can anyone make out the CE for Kota. Like that he can be in a republic team but not with clones nice touch. He does seem to cost a lot but as i cannot make out the CE he mite be worth it a very good defence.

Not sure about Luke will need to try him out. A lot of force potenshal but not much in attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:19 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yeah, I like the Golem. Will be interesting to use. Ambush with Splash will be interesting. Not too sure I will replace my Crabs with them, but they are a neat option.

And there are only 2 words visible on Kota's CE: Attack and. He blocks his CE too well. It doesn't look like he has Renewal, but damn, is Repulse wordy. His CE is wordy too. Looks like at least 3 lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:20 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Sweet find. I like the affinity with Kota to keep him away from Order 66. Junk Golem with shields will help Kazdan nicely with Droid Mark. Luke has Force Renewal 3 ??? and it looks like maybe Master of the Force(?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithborg wrote:
Yeah, I like the Golem. Will be interesting to use. Ambush with Splash will be interesting. Not too sure I will replace my Crabs with them, but they are a neat option.

And there are only 2 words visible on Kota's CE: Attack and. He blocks his CE too well. It doesn't look like he has Renewal, but damn, is Repulse wordy. His CE is wordy too. Looks like at least 3 lines.

I so want him. A NEW character is always welcome. I so hope him and Gram are in the next preview. ( force renewal would have been nice but there is always Obi Spirit) Repulse sounds good. A new character a new force power a new commander. I like :D :) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:32 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

OMG - I think we can safely say melee and huges are getting a boost from those figs!!! Very awesome.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Wow, just wow. 74 for Luke, JM, or 70 for Luke and Yoda. Hmmm....decisions, decisions . . .

Thanks for the find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:39 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Actually, I will amend a statement. Kota could have Renwal, it is abbreviated now. So who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Kota- wow, a 23 def lightside Jedi. Possibly has FR, with all the FR characters this set, it wouldn't surprise me. His Repulse looks jacked up. "...damage to all.... push back Huge... 6 squares..." CE looks cool as well. Maybe helps unique Jedi- that would be cool.

Junk Golem 23pts... 22 with Kazdan... too bad BDO is 9pts. Junk Golem with +12 Attack would be sweet.

Knobby White Spider... a big savage. Better than the Acklay maybe?

Luke & Yoda... wow
Force Renewal 3? AND Master of the Force? Good luck getting lightning off on this character. Or a crit within 6, or LS assault, LS throw... Deadly vs shooters, but will fall to melee. Definitely will harass melee though. Suprised there is no LS Assault or UTF. Force Push 3 looks like a 'lightning-esque' power that affects adjacent characters as well. Nice follower for Han RH, or Princess Leia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the new luke, he's insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

When I saw the stats for Luke w/ Yoda, my heart skipped a beat. I am in love. I will never, ever have another squad again that does not include that figure...

Ok, I won't take it that far, but I really do love both the mini and the stats. May be interesting to use in conjunction with Stormie Han.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Kota- at 55pts I think kota would definitely have force renewal. Plus he might have Force Repulse 3, force 3 replace attack, 30 damage to all chars between 2 squares; push back target 6 squares away if Huge or smaller. His CE would add +4 attack and + 10 Damages to?

Junk Golem a bargain at 23pts - destine to be Kazdan's toy

Knobby White Spider maybe 38pts? Quad attacker? If the damage is 20 she will definately be Exar new savage.

Luke & Yoda... 70 pts? but with FR3 and MOTF3 (possibly), he will be equally offensive - Twin attack at +13 and Force Push 3 would read Force 3 replace attack range 6;30 damage push back target 3 square (that like a sure 70 damage dper one ctivation and deffensively dan Reflect or stun the target. WOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Luke is definitely nice. I can see him working well with Obi-Wan Force Spirit, even if it is just for the Mettle. Add that in with Han and Leia, and I think you've got quite a powerhouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Just pre-ordered that Luke for $20 shipped. :D

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:43 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Fool wrote:

Edit: Sometihng with Force Renewal 3 there's more to it but I can't see what thought it was MOTF 2 or MOTF 3 but not sure.

FR3 was the first thing I noticed on him. and the possible MOTF after it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:50 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Abiwan wrote:

Junk Golem a bargain at 23pts - destine to be Kazdan's toy

I am going to laugh my backside off if somebody at my LGS pulls Kazadan and the Junk Droid in the sealed game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:01 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Great little preview.

Kota - 23 Def. on a Rebel is great.
Junk Golem - fragile, even with Shields, but looks fun.
Spider - Can you Pawn Savage? I think so, so I'm thinking charge in then Pawn for Quad attack.
Luke w/Yoda - cost 70, but looks powerful, especially with Renewal 3. Going to be fun to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:31 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Kota - need to see text. But looks good!
Junk Golem - Don't feel so bad pulling this one.
Knobby White Spider - that tree is going to go ape**** on you...
Luke & Yoda - Force Renewal 3 FTW. Gonna be a pain to kill, methinks. 70 points? Yowza Yowza Yowza.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Kota - Man....really want to know his CE now. The rest of his card looks pretty cool. But his CE better be decent or he might be a bit over-costed. We'll see though. The defense and HP alone is pretty nice.

Junk Golem - This guy is awesome. Going to be great in both Kazdan squads and general Droid squads. For 23 points I don't think it will completely replace the Crab Droid, but it certainly has some very neat, but different, options. Again, it's really a shame that it isn't 22, with Rapport making it 21 so you could squeeze in the BDO with it. But you could bring in this with an R5 with Kazdan's reserves!

Knobby White Spider - Wow....just wow. Who would've thought that the obscure tree-beast from a deleted scene would be so cool. Sure, it looks like it's either going to be 28 or 38 points (maybe the difference between 10 damage or 20?). But it definitely has Quadruple Attack, and it sure enough looks like it has Melee Reach 2. Somebody refresh my memory...if it can make all 4 attacks from where it's at, it doesn't have to move, even if it isn't adjacent to an enemy at the beginning of the turn, right? In other words, you're using MR2 for all 4 attacks. Either way, the Speed 8 and lack of Rigid will make it a nice Exar pet. Interesting improvement over the Acklay. Oooh...and it has 18 defense! Wow!

Luke & Yoda - Not even sure what to say about this one.....He's just...amazing. The Force Powers alone are insane. Too bad Force Push 3 looks like it says 'replaces turn'. Although, with this piece, and the new Chewie, and other pieces that need to stand still in order to use their abilities, I'm definitely seeing where K-3PO will be useful in Rebel squads. :) The Twin Attack is sweet as it will allow him to move up to 12 squares (if he has MOTF3) and still make 2 attacks. 18 squares with Han ST. Then Princess Leia can give him an extra Twin Attack. It's almost like a Melee version of the Landspeeder, but with crazier Force Powers! And the HP is sweet enough that he'll stick around for a whilte. Absolutely awesome.

After seeing these...I am looking more and more forward to the release event. It's going to be crazy!