logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Ok... Now how do we order?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Hey Guys,

I will gladly be getting my new cards due to the 15 dollar kick starter donation. However, my one friend who still plays will also need a set. I have tried to find how to order for him, but can't seem to find much info on this. I have PM'ed the Focal for St. Louis missouri... who just so happens to be Dean. however, the same thread stating dean is the focal also says he will not be accepting PMs on the subject. Granted maybe i've done what I need to, and Deans just a busy guy.

Will there be an announcement on when we can start trying to order? Are they already taking pre-orders? Has this already been discussed and I just cant find the thread for the life of me?

Post subject: Re: Ok... Now how do we order?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Dean IS a very busy guy, and he gets tons of PMs about all sorts of stuff. In case you haven't heard him discuss it before, he has a special PM box here at Gamers, which allows him to have up to 500 messages. That is pretty much ALWAYS full. He gets TONS of PMs. So, what he was saying was to not have EVERYBODY PM'ing him about getting their sets, which I can totally understand.

However, since you're in his area, then I would PM Dean about it. Also, I would post a message in the DOTF Pointman thread that you need to be added to the list for Dean's area (and you could comment that you're not sure if Dean got your PM). That way, the sets you need will at least be included in everything.

If all else fails, then I would try contacting Ray Becker (dvader831), as he's close by as well, and sometimes easier to get a hold of.

Regardless, we'll make sure you get your sets. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go ahead and post there now ! :)

I wonder if we could maybe get a sticky or something to address how to order for the people who didnt do the kick start. it might help. There is just so much info on the v-sets, and its spread across so many threads.

Is there a general FAQ or something I'm over looking that addresses 99% of this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

If neither of them get you anywhere I can get a hold of both of them for you no problem. Just pm me, I'm not as busy as either of them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Piggybacking off of this, I was wondering who I should PM my address to? I'm listed as Pointman for Maryland but am not sure my Address is in the hands of the distribution team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Demosthenes wrote:
Piggybacking off of this, I was wondering who I should PM my address to? I'm listed as Pointman for Maryland but am not sure my Address is in the hands of the distribution team.

I think it was stated that they'll come to you to get the address, as in Dean (or Ray or someone else) will PM asking for it when they're ready. Most people don't have everyone else's address unless they did Kickstarter...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:19 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yes, if you're a pointman, AND you donated on Kickstarter, then they should already have your address via Kickstarter/Amazon/Paypal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 pm 
General
General

I PMed my address to Dean earlier when I arranged payment to him (not via Kickstarter/PayPal).

Could I PM my address to someone else just in case it gets lost in Dean's PM box? I'll be travelling next week so better for me to get that sorted out sooner rather than later, just in case. I'm the pointman for Malaysia, don't want to have angry players if the cards arrive late because of that :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, Wedge, go ahead and PM it to Dean, just in case. You're a special case since you skirted the Kickstarter I guess. :P

Seriously though guys...for future sets....use the established systems. The internet is not this huge giant thing that's going to eat your personal identity if you sign up for PayPal or Amazon or anything like that. I'm a success story in that I had someone try to steal almost $1000 from me once through PayPal, and I had the whole thing reversed in less than a day, with almost no effort on my part. It's safe, and very easy to use.

Doing things like paying money on the side and then sending an address separately....just asking for things to get forgotten or misplaced along the way. Honestly, if I were Dean, I wouldn't have let people handle it that way. Too much confusion and too many things in different places that way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Wedge I have your info if you want to send it again that is fine.

Wedge is the only one he went outside and being he is from out of country I was fine with that.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 pm 
General
General

dnemiller wrote:
Wedge I have your info if you want to send it again that is fine.

Wedge is the only one he went outside and being he is from out of country I was fine with that.

Thanks mate, so long as you have that :)

Yeah, hopefully for V-Set 2 I'll be able to find a way to do it through PayPal. These companies don't make it easy for people who are a citizen of one country, have office in another country, opened a PayPal account while living in a 3rd country, and currently resides in a 4th country. At least my life isn't dull.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:02 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I have gotten a reply from buttcabage on my request for an extra set for my pal, but he didnt tell me what I need to do for shipping. How do I pay for the shipping fee?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Don't ask us, ask buttcabage. But if it's anything like my group, I have no clue what the shipping is going to be yet, because Dean hasn't let me know. So buttcabbage probably won't be able to tell you yet either. I plan to just pay for whatever shipping is necessary for my group, and then ask others in the group to reimburse me as necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Yeah--sorry about not getting back to you on that adam--things get a little nuts for me this time of the year (end of the semester, so I have a ton of grading and meetings). Anyway, yeah, I don't really know yet what it will cost (and really, I doubt it will cost much--I'll basically be shipping you a deck of cards), but once I get the sets, we'll figure it out. I can't imagine it will be much more than 3 bucks or so for me to mail you one set, and it might be less than that, so I'm not sweating it too much--honestly I was kinda thinking that if you just wanted to buy me a coke at regionals or something we could call it good. But we'll just figure it out here in a couple weeks.