logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: 2011 Hall of Fame Nominations!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:38 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

It is that time of year again. It is time for the community to nominate the Hall of Fame Class of 2011. This process will go on until at least December.

The process is simple but let me remind everyone. Each member of the community will nominate 5 people for Induction in to the Hall of Fame. The members of the Hall of Fame then vote on the nominees the community gives to them.
The top 3 nominees get a community vote to go into the Hall of Fame thus reducing the number of votes they need for induction into the Hall of Fame. Each Hall of Fame member only has 3 votes.

Remember threads are up at SWM Gamers and Bloomilk. You may only nominate 5. You may only do this once. Any nominations with more than 5 or less than 5 will be invalidated. Any user that does this multiple times will have their nominations invalidated. So please just pay attention when making your nominations.

This is an exciting opportunity to honor some folks that have given so much to the game we all love.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: 2011 Hall of Fame Nominations!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I was beginning to wonder if this would occur.

1. Ray Becker
2. Les Eller
3. Trevor Peyton
4. Eric Frost
5. Tim Ballard

Last edited by The_Celestial_Warrior on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

*** Here is a Reminder of the current Hall of Fame Members ***

Dont nominate a member!!!!

Class of 2008:
Dennis Beard aka Boris the Dwarf
Matt Francella aka Jedicartographer
Jim Fraser aka Moses2813
Eric Larson aka Engineer
Steve Leskow aka Fool
Bill Russell aka Billiv15
Shawn Sparks aka StSparks72
Jason Tanner aka Nickname
Chuck monarch aka ChuckM
Rob Watkins
Kelly Krieble aka Dr Divot
Dean Miller aka Dnemiller

Class of 2009:
Aaron Brueckman aka Lobostele
Jack Irons aka Ironlightsaber
Deri Morgan aka Fingersandteeth
Sarah Richey
Lou Vasilion aka Lou
Prien Xavier

Class of 2010:
Jason Alvey aka Darkjedi21
Mike Fryda aka Kcelser
Matt Peterson aka Mt Magus
Aaron Shockley aka Shinja
Chris West aka Mapmaker
Padraig Neuendorf aka I Kill Gungans

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Ill add why and full names later.

Tim Allen- Local Player that got me in the game and for his Podcast.
Brad Phillips- For Gencon 2010 and all the hard work he did with Regionals
Tim Ballard- A top 20 player and good friend
Les- Worked on all the graphics for Vset 1,and a great judge
Trevor Payton- Top 8 in 2008 and 2010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:59 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

I will throw one of my five out immediatly because I cannot think of anyone more deserving. I am not saying there are not others I am just saying if he is not on most of the lists I think people have lost their minds.

1. RAY BECKER - DVADER831 - AKA DARTH CUDDLES!!!!!!
A little something about Ray. Ray is an admin here. He is a 4 year judge at gencon and runs mass battles. He is a major part of the v-set working behind the scenes (most folks are not aware of that). Ray is tireless to the promotion of this game and runs one of game groups in the world.

2. LEs Eller - LESHIPPY
If you dont know it by now then you need to. The DOTF cards were designed by Les. Les is already a busy guy with a wife and is leader of a boy scout troop. But Les took time out a very busy work period to do these cards and at not cost. He is also just a great guy.

3. Brad Phillips - THE CELESTIAL WARRIOR
Brad is a 3 time judge at gencon. He judged last years championship. he is a great guy and a veteran. If you have not met Brad or played against him then you are missing out on a great guy!!!!

4. Scott Sykes - SITHBORG
Scott has done a ton for the community. He has always been asource for the rules and currently works on the V-Set project as a rules man. He has brought respectability to the moderating at Bloomilk which after Darthjak's antics was hard to do. I think he has earned a nomination.

5. Matt Hansen - KNIGHTWHOANYI (or something like that)
Matt has been a great player at the LGS and at Gencon for years. Although he has not won a Championship he has always been a contender who could easily win on any given day. He comes from the Nebraska playgroup and it is one of the oldest out there. I know the popular thing right now is to bring in the Atlanta guys but I would hate to forget someone like Matt.

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I nominate Brandon Pyle, Ray Becker, Brad Phillips, David Weeks, and Gray Whitsett.

I wish I could nominate more of the Atlanta guys but I will start with Weeks and work from there.

EDIT:

Here are the reasons for my choices...

Brandon Pyle - The first guy under 18 to ever go top 8 at a major event like GenCon, and an all-around great player;
Ray Becker - This guy has been nominated every year and just never seems to get enough of the vote percentage to make the cut. But he never quits and he never gives up on the game. In fact, we just recently gave him the designation of "program manager" for the second V-Set so we would have someone to coordinate every different group a little more efficiently than what we had with V-Set 1 (when we had no such position).
Brad Phillips - Another team player who has really stepped up to the challenge of helping keep the SWM community alive.
David Weeks - Very appreciative of David and others in the Atlanta crowd who took to the challenge of playtesting the V-Set cards, and recently moved him up to 1 of 2 people who will now oversee that aspect of the design.
Gray Whitsett - Regional tournament winner, was undefeated with his Snowspeeder squad at 3 major events in the region, against a field of solid competition. Another kid from Owensboro who just has a great attitude about the game and the community.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:32 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

1. Trevor Payton
2. Ray Becker
3. Eric Frost
4. Leshippy
5. Sithborg

Last edited by Fool on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

1. dvader831
2. Leshippy
3. Ruhk
4. Sithborg
5. Weeks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

1. Leshippy/Les Eller- I think the work he has done on the V cards is worthy of an auto induction.
2. Ghengis Ska- Way, way back, created the first site to list all the stats. Pretty big member in the first year or 2 of the game.
3. Yoda027-Made one of the first non-WOTC forums for the game.
4. Jew3/James Wyzinski-First one to win 2 regionals in a season. Just a good player overall.
5. Urbanjedi-Pretty much MI's main tournament organizers, helped organize two AWESOME tournaments last year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:38 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Brev from Mini's Mayham!
Ray Becker
Johnny (cause i needed 5)
Mark from MiniVerse
Tim from Miniverse

Last edited by DarthEwokFett on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

dnemiller wrote:
You may only nominate 5. You may only do this once. Any nominations with more than 5 or less than 5 will be invalidated. Any user that does this multiple times will have their nominations invalidated. So please just pay attention when making your nominations.

A Reminder!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

1. Sithborg
2. Thereisnotry
3. Dvader831
4. Leshippy
5. Rukh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

1. Ray Becker-dvader831 Ray is one of the hardest working guys in this game and nobody knows it. Its time he got the recognition he deserves.
2. Les Eller - leshippy Les has done a ton of work on the Vset cards and has also been a great judged.

3. Brad Phillips- TheCelestialWarrior Brads work judging at Gencon, especially this year, makes him very worthy of induction.

4 Gray Whitsett AdmiralSlowbar Gray went undefeated through 17 games over the course of three big tournaments this year including winning the KY regional and beating the eventual Gencon Champ twice in row to do it. He has become a great player over the years and has helped me out running things in KY quite a bit.

5. Brandon Pyle Bsp02 The youngest Top 8 finalist at Gencon in SWM history at 15 years old. Brandon took second overall and played incredibly beating two hall of famers and a mulitple Top 8 finisher along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

In no particular order.....

Leshippy....cause of his great work all around.
Darth Jim....he is an all around great member of the community.
Sterling Hershey....The best (and most prolific) scenario builder around.
GM Brev....the first swm podcast (to my knowledge) and he has been putting on a great show for almost 2 years.
Ray Becker....A huge part of the community and the vsets...its about time he gets in the HOF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

1. Ray Becker
2. Tim Ballard
3. Trever Payton
4. Eric Frost
5. Les Eller

In no particular order.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I wish I could nominate more of the Atlanta guys but I will start with Weeks and work from there.

And I can say for certain that we all appreciate the sentiment. :)

Dark_Jedi_21 wrote:
4 Gray Whitsett AdmiralSlowbar Gray went undefeated through 17 games over the course of three big tournaments this year including winning the KY regional and beating the eventual Gencon Champ twice in row to do it. He has become a great player over the years and has helped me out running things in KY quite a bit.

Even after winning Gencon I don't get to forget about those losses. :lol:

Anyways, on to my nominations:

1. David Weeks: I talk to David pretty much every single day about SWM. He's a GREAT player, and a great guy. Very active in the community (if you get on Vassal at any random time, chances are pretty good Weeks will be on there), always nice to everyone, and a great asset to the community.

2. Ray Becker: Seriously, I thought he was already in this. Is there a character limit on these posts? If so, I don't think a single post could contain all the reasons he deserves to be a member.

3. Graham Bingham: My #2 minis companion, right after David. Less active here on Gamers, but he's greentime on BlooMilk and pretty active over there. A top 8 finisher at Gencon this year, top 4 at the Atlanta regional, and one of the serious playtesters here in ATL. Just go check out the discussion board on the Atlanta SWG Facebook group and you'll see his involvement in the game. Oh, and if it weren't for him and his Astrovan, getting the Atlanta crew anywhere would be way more difficult. :lol:

Man, I've got about 6 more people that I want to nominate. I'll have to think on it and edit this post later.

EDIT: After much deliberation, I've finally picked 2 more:

4. Trevor Payton: A great player and a great guy in general. One of my favorite people to play against, and active in the community.

5. Brad Phillips: An awesome judge and an asset to the community in general. He's done a lot lately to help the game survive. Dedicated to helping in any way he can.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Last edited by Echo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

1. Trevor Payton. Learned so much for him, i was only able to win my regional this year from his advice and playtesting.

2. Darth Jim. If you've ever met jim you know why.

3. Ray Becker.

4. Les Eller.

5. Greg Sutton. Greg bought 2 boosters at Dragoncon 3 years ago and we played minis the entire con with just those 2 packs. Greg has been my best friend for a long time and until this year has had the best tourney record of all of us.

Also mad props to Daniel Stephens for making the HoF the old fashoned way and winning gencon this year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:27 am 
General
General

jonnyb815 wrote:
Tim Allen- Local Player that got me in the game and for his Podcast.

Is a Jonny nomination supposed to help or hinder my chances?
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

First I want to thank all of you guys for the nomonations.

Here is my list

Ray Becker - Ray is just a great guy. He was one person I could count on to listen to my problems while making the cards for the V-set. He has also judged events and Gencon and worked on the flavor text for V-set I. He has also volunteered to work on V-set II. I am not sure I want to say any more aobut that at the moment, but it will be a time consuming job he is undertaking.

jedispyder -Chris - Another great guy and spearheaded the quality control area of V-set I. While I did all the cards Chris was making sure all teh names were spelled right, all the puncuation was correct, and every thing matched as close as possible the look of the text on the cards we are used to using. He spent countless hours working on this project. Chris is also a good player.

THE CELESTIAL WARRIOR - Brad Phillips - Brad is such a great guy I let him crash at my place during the Kokomo regional this past spring. Like some have already said he is a great judge. He is also a good player. I am not sure if he came up with the idea or not, but he showed me how the youngling swarm worked in tile wars by defeating me. I was the only player that night that did kill one of his uniques though.

Darth-Jim - Jim, has to wrangle Dean and Bill and keep them on topic. He also covers the chat for the sith holo new network. The first part of this pretty much should make him shoe in for the Hall of Fame :)

Tim Ballard (timmerb)-- Tim is a great player. I faced him a couple different times the last time I was at GenCon. Plus I believe he created the Tile Wars variant of the game and helped come up with the Royal Rumble variant as well. Like others has said Tim is a top 20 player plus a great guy just to sit and chat Star Wars with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Hmmm lets see here.

1. Ray Becker, What can I say about Ray, I just met him this year at GenCon, but I've also seen what he has done for the community in the last few years that I have been playing, Classy guy, great heart, and without a doubt belongs in the hall.

2. Jim McNaney (Darth_Jim). Same is true with Jim is true for Ray, I met Jim for the first time this year when my roommate and I came to the Pennsylvania regional to "Steal" his prize support, or his LoS, ask him if you have any questions. Jim is a class act and keeps the PA crew going strong. Quick to loan out his pieces and be just a strong force of encouragement.

3. David Weeks. What about David, he's frickin' David Weeks, nuff' said lol. Nah more serious note, David is one of my closest friends in this game, and does so much more outside the game to keep me positive and upbeat, he is a phenominal player and a good friend.

4. Brad Phillips. I just met Brad this year too, but this guy worked his butt off to help Dean and others make GenCon a successful event, I enjoyed talking with him, and think he is a real class act.

5. Trevor Peyton. Same rings true, I just met him this year at GenCon also, though I had talked to him on Vassal and played against him. Real classy guy, and a great player. He gave me a few pointes on some interesting LoS's to help me do as well as did at regionals this year. He also helped team Canada put a beating on us in the team event.

Well there you have my 5, thanks guys.

Matt

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next