logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Minimanager - Upcoming Sets
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I've been mulling over a few things while preparing the RaR update for the minimanager and figured I would solicit some feedback:

1) For DotF, I edited the stat blocks to match the actual cards as closely as possible. I don't have a clue as to how many newer players are using MM, but since it is a great offline reference for stats, I was think perhaps I should just go ahead and include the full ability descriptions rather than the abbreviated versions of some of them as used on the cards (ie Double, Twin, Melee as so forth), if it would beneficial to some users. As it is, I have to remove stuff to get to the abbreviated versions. In other cases the wording of quite a few abilities has been streamlined, so I have to do some editing of what the program inserts in order to make it current,

2) There are a couple mostly unused (for some time now) fields (views) in the program: Suggestion View and Description View. (both can hold 256 characters max)
I was thinking it could be helpful to include full Glossary text (where appropriate) for more complex new abilities in one of those fields, since I cannot update the glossary file in the program.

For the Description field, it could be cool to have designer's comments for their pieces. (assuming they are interested in doing so of course)
I would also be happy to input Suggestions for combos and tactical considerations etc, from the play testers or other players who have good ideas for specific pieces.

---
If you have thoughts on any of the above, or other suggestions to make the v-set updates more useful or fun, please post them here. I won't waste any extra effort on it if the target audience doesn't care. ;)

Post subject: Re: Minimanager - Upcoming Sets
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:31 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Putting the glossary text instead of the suggestions sounds like a great idea to me.