logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: New Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xanthan wrote:
Double dipping? You mean buying two very similar items?

Yeah, like buying the Lord of the Rings movies individually. Then 6 months later they come out with it in a boxed set. Then 6 months later they come out with a special editions version. Then 6 months later they come out with the super special walking edition... It's like the Energizer Bunny on some items. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

punxnbutter wrote:
Just like later editions that come out on DVD/Blueray I'll pass. Double dipping is for schmucks and I'm no schmuck. I may take a stab at the DLC, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Well, you're looking at paying something like $30 just to get all the various DLC. Plus there's an exclusive level in the USE that you won't be able to get as DLC from what it sounds like. So, for $40, it's a pretty decent deal, IMO, especially if you haven't previously bought the DLC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, got a chance to rent this over the holiday. I have to say I like the packaging. It comes in a tin and you get a random collector card(which is sweet), so that was a nice surprise along with the lower price. If you didn't get this game the first time around this is definitely the way to go. Without spoiling too much I will say that with the DLC I sorta expected glitches in the game. The programmers don't spend the normal time to clean everything up, so when I played the Hoth level I was pretty dissapointed the first time I played against Luke and a Snowtrooper came running into the start of a cut scene and started an infinite loop. Well a reset of the game later, and this time it worked. I would have been really upset had I actually bought the game. Like always the great story is what drives this for me. It was fun going against so many Wampas. I would have been way more excited if I actually got to fly the speeder like it shows in the trailer, but being able to force grab snowspeeders in mid air and fling them into things more than made up for that. So, like I said, if you don't already own this then it is way worth it. If you are like me and bought the game the first time and got all the DLC then renting for the Hoth level is definitely the way to go.

On an unrelated note I also just bought the old Xbox game Republic Commando to play on my 360 and that game is a ton of fun. Looks like I know what I will be doing while I wait until Battlefront 3 gets made!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 128320.asp

Well, it looks as though if you had all the DLC for this and are bummed your only way to play the Hoth level was to play it on the new game fear not. Looks like Xbox will make the Hoth level available for DLC soon. I still say rent this baby. The Hoth level is so short it'll be worth the $2.50 for an overnight rental vs buying the DLC for $10 anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

chucking LSs is just toooooooo much fun to pass up.

+1 Awesome trade on gamers.