logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Raimi goes WOW!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b135344 ... t_big.html

So, Warcraft gets a movie, huh. I mean, I get it, they have millions of players I am just surprised they didn't get a Halo movie off first. I have never played WOW, but played the hell out of Warcraft 1-3. I guess out of all the Blizzard games I was always hoping the WOW treatment would have went to Diablo. Now that would have been an AMAZING movie. 8-)

So, out of curiosity let's pretend all the rumors are true. What would you be more excited for? A Halo movie with Peter Jackson and Weta at the helm or WOW with Raimi?

At least this will give me something to read while I wait for Airbender to come out. :P

Post subject: Re: Raimi goes WOW!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Meh....I like the Warcraft universe, and I've played Warcraft 3 till I fell asleep at my keyboard on many nights while in college. And while the games have a decent story-line to them, I'm just not sure I can see it translated to the big screen. Maybe WOW has some better plot-based campaigns that would translate well. I think it could be pretty cool overall though, so I'll at least say i'm intested, and would certainly go see it.

Personally, I'd rather see Halo get made first, but that's mostly because I think Halo has a better story overall, and it's more like a movie to start with.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

One thing about Blizzard, they usually do a good job on the story.

I play WOW, have been for about a year, and it's okay. The game was a lot more fun before the last expansion, though, but that might have something to do with the fact that once you hit the level cap there's not really much else to accomplish. It took me about seven months to do that.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LoboStele wrote:
I think Halo has a better story overall

I have to disagree with that. I played WoW for about two years and think that the WoW story is significantly better than Halo. There is so much epic-ness to be explored in the Warcraft universe that I think there is a lot more to work with. The Warcraft games also always struck me as much more cinematic in nature than Halo.

If this movie actually gets made I'm certainly going to see it. Will it be any good? Maybe. I love the source material, but there are a lot of things that could go wrong with it. Really, I would love it if it were pretty much just an hour and a half long Warcraft cinematic. Making it live action is just asking for it to suck if you ask me, and Blizzard already makes such amazing animation, I would be willing to drop my $10 to see that.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, like I said, I haven't played WOW, just the Warcraft games. Those had good stories, but I'm just not so sure they would translate tot he big screen easy enough. Been a while since I've played those campaigns though, so maybe I'm just not remembering them very well.

Halo is sort of already like a movie, IMO, so maybe that's why I think it might be better.

Echo wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
Really, I would love it if it were pretty much just an hour and a half long Warcraft cinematic. Making it live action is just asking for it to suck if you ask me, and Blizzard already makes such amazing animation, I would be willing to drop my $10 to see that.

100% agree here. I definitely think it should be done in full CGI, not with live action. Live action would be...interesting, to say the least. The costumes are so outlandish in the game, I can't see them being able to duplicate them for live action, without them looking really ridiculous. The only thing they could do would be to drastically change them, and make them more realistic looking, and less exaggerated. It could work, just personally think I'd rather see the CGI instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LoboStele wrote:
The costumes are so outlandish in the game, I can't see them being able to duplicate them for live action, without them looking really ridiculous.

Well, when they say "live action" I am guessing they mean like Transformers where the environment is live action and a couple of characters are live action and the rest is CGI, so any characters with costume issues would be full CGI, so no issue.