logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: Airing of Greivances...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:27 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
To follow up on what Bill was saying, this is from the very first post of this thread (emphasis added):

Tao wrote:
Lastly, I would like to let everyone know the specific repercussions of the events of the last few days. I will no longer be modding on the Star Wars miniatures boards, at least for a little while. This was my decision, but management was willing to agree to my request. It has nothing to do with not wanting to or not being able to, but everything to do with not wanting to present the possibility of impropriety. It wasn't an easy decision to make, because even though I can't post there anymore, I still enjoy it. However, I think that it was the right decision to make for the sake of the community.

Really? He's not modding SWM anymore? Well since that post he sure has been there a lot...

Possibly management didn't agree with his decision and put him back there. They did honor his request for a bit, but with WotC management you never know...

No I don't think so.

I did finally get a response from Eric, on Friday. The gist of it was that they are looking into the concerns, but that they won't tell any of us what action they take, if any.

My response to that is basically "Why bother doing anything then?" If you tell the teacher that a bully waits at the end of the block to beat you up every day and that you've decided to walk down a different street until something is done about the bully, how will you possibly know when that street is safe again if the teacher tells you she can't (or won't) tell you if they did anything about the bully?

Well considering the last time something happened to a moderator over and the up roar it caused......I'm not surprised about it.. a bit mad but not surprised.

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

ender_ wrote:
Well considering the last time something happened to a moderator over and the up roar it caused......I'm not surprised about it.. a bit mad but not surprised.

That was your own damn fault. Not mine or Bill's or Dean's.

You were the one who announced what happened to you, not any of us, and not anyone else at WotC.

Also, you were NOT a moderator. You were a VOLUNTEER. You abused your privilege and you divided the community. Like Tao, you had it in your power to make amends, but like Tao, you thrived (and still do) on the division and the consternation. Like Tao, you never showed any sort of remorse or regret about what happened, nor have you acknowledged the damage that driving away the biggest ambassadors of the game caused at the time.

Maybe if you had responded positively to the attempts made at resolution, this whole thing could have been avoided, but you chose to go a different route instead. Really I lay the responsibility for the current situation mostly at your feet.

When you made the comment to ILS, "I'll worry about what I want to tyvm," what you are really saying to him is that you are comfortable with the idea of nagging him about things he doesn't nor shouldn't have to deal with. When he asks you not to worry about a particular topic, he is politely asking you to stop worrying HIM about it. Really is it so much to ask? It's not.

You just need to chilllll.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:55 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
ender_ wrote:

You were the one who announced what happened to you, not any of us, and not anyone else at WotC.

Also, you were NOT a moderator. You were a VOLUNTEER. You abused your privilege and you divided the community. Like Tao, you had it in your power to make amends, but like Tao, you thrived (and still do) on the division and the consternation. Like Tao, you never showed any sort of remorse or regret about what happened, nor have you acknowledged the damage that driving away the biggest ambassadors of the game caused at the time.

I think your confused but thats possible becuase of the limited contact with the other forums outside of the rec room and the SW area...It happened during GZ's time in CM with the WizO_Autumn the fall out of that incident lead to fallout in the d20 area before the great reorginzation it even lead to her turning her back and wiping the dust from her feet in regards to it along iwth a noticeable amount of high profile posters in those sub forms of that area.

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

ender_ wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
ender_ wrote:

I think your confused but thats possible becuase of the limited contact with the other forums outside of the rec room and the SW area...It happened during GZ's time in CM with the WizO_Autumn the fall out of that incident lead to fallout in the d20 area before the great reorginzation it even lead to her turning her back and wiping the dust from her feet in regards to it along iwth a noticeable amount of high profile posters in those sub forms of that area.

No I'm aware of that incident - that is not the same thing as this, though. The fact that you completely disregarded all of my other points speaks VOLUMES.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Gemini1179 wrote:
Personally, I have ZERO interest in the WOTC boards these days. ESPECIALLY when the majority of threads are in this format: Can someone tell me the stats for (unreleased piece)?
Anything useful from WOTC boards can be found here quickly enough IMO.

I still spend some time over there, but as long as this site has een up the best conversations are here. Oh and somethign of interest the Toshce station is used for plenty of off-topic stuff sure, btu I note that there are plenty of things on the SWM general that got shipped to the recroom to die before the change that sit in General now without a peep and do well. More telling evidence that it was a moderation problem than it was a poster issue.

And for soemone who has made comments about leaving and haveing no interest in this game, that someone sure hangs out a lot and involves themselves a lot to this day. Anyone else find that odd? Dennis I'm sure you know what I'm saying.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hey.

Just want to throw this out here because at this point there are things to be done.

FYI-I follow as much as I can and post far less than I want to. My interest is in the community. Plain and simple. Original RS people you know me. I used to throw crap with the best of them. I have had some major blow-ups with most of you. I was part in many old wars of the boards and worked on many of them. Whatever else can be said, I am proud of the community we have built over the past (how many?) years and the history we have. All of it.

But things are moving that we all need to take care of and I have no time to make a lot of posts in many places.

1) I need to know that GenCon is going to live up to the hype.

Really. I mean it.

I've been gaming for over two decades and this is the first time I get to make it there.

I can't wait to actually meet most of you for the first time. The people I have hung out with more hours per week than any co-worker, distant cousin and 70% of the people I probably know. I want to see what Star Wars minis at the place where it should shine best. We are getting the showdown that many...and I mean many have fought and worked very, very hard for. Remember the issue with last year's championship? I sure the hell do. I can tell you what side I took in that. Now we have what the players want. Let's not prove we have the best minis game but show everyone why.

The Qualifiers are going down and we are coming back to the real frickin' deal. GENCON CHAMPIONSHIP. There is no other place for it. If we are to prove again that we are the best community and show people that the prize is not about a purse of money but the honor of playing the game with friends and the best of the best then we have have a lot of work to do.

2. I need to know what is going on with the testing of RPG side and the status of DCi and the final rules. If it's taken care of then no problem. Otherwise just PM me and I will show what the issues are. Thanks, Dean.

3. I need experience players to weigh in so that new players to the game will see their insights in what is really going on with the game on all player's levels. Don't care where it is. Maybe it is early and with all the threads I just might not be seeing it.

I'm glad the door here is open and I want to let everyone here that the door over there (and my PM box-- I think most who have know me for years have my email-if not PM me) is always open.

Later
Jack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8