logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Trek from a Star Wars perspective(possible spoilers)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
Their should be a ds9 movie.

I totally agree with you Jeff! There absolutely need's to be one made! I don't care what its about, just as long as there is one made, and I'll be happy. :D

Anyone know when the latest Star Trek movie is coming out on video?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

This movie was both brillant and total crap at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

obikenobi1 wrote:

November 17th.

http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

I totally agree with you Jeff! There absolutely need's to be one made! I don't care what its about, just as long as there is one made, and I'll be happy. :D

That was some of the finest television ever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Definitely the most well written star trek series, imho. I love the characters and the story and it was cool to see a side of the Federation you never see during the war with the Dominion. I own all 7 seasons and can't get enough of them. There are some excellent episodes!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Definitely the most well written star trek series, imho. I love the characters and the story and it was cool to see a side of the Federation you never see during the war with the Dominion. I own all 7 seasons and can't get enough of them. There are some excellent episodes!

Now was Sisko the dreamer or the dream :?:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Now was Sisko the dreamer or the dream :?:

Thats a good question. They never did explain it. That was one of the best episodes however and it was very well done! I think Sisko is the dreamer.....but I could be wrong. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

well i think they toyed with the idea. Well obviously you know they did not do more with it.

Yeah my dad diid not like that storyline. :? :?:

Did you find pale in the moonlight to be briliant television?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
well i think they toyed with the idea. Well obviously you know they did not do more with it.

In the Pale Moonlight is one of my favorite episodes to watch. It is just so well written and acted. I love how at the end it Sisko decides to delete the personal log and make it seem like the episode never existed, because he could live with what he'd done and wouldn't need to hear himself explain it again. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and this episode really shines as an example of why DS9 is so different from other series, because in most other Star Trek series the captain wouldn't go to such lengths as Sisko did. And any episode that has Garak is automatically a favorite of mine. He's just great to watch!

My favorite episode of all DS9, I would have to say, is Explorers. That episode is my favorite episode mostly because of Sisko and the family aspect of him bonding with his son, and how it shows that throughout the series Sisko is really a "builder", or in other words, someone who likes to do things by hand and see them to completion. Did he have to build that Bajoran space craft by hand? No. But did he do it anyway? Yes, and by hand i might add. In no other series have I ever seen a captain so dedicated to doing something like that. It took him many weeks to build it and his reasoning why he did it was that the ancient Bajorans didn't have all the tools and equipment they have currently, so he wanted to build as they had done. Just another brilliant episode and hands down my favorite to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:18 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

In the Pale Moonlight is one of my favorite episodes to watch. It is just so well written and acted. I love how at the end it Sisko decides to delete the personal log and make it seem like the episode never existed, because he could live with what he'd done and wouldn't need to hear himself explain it again. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and this episode really shines as an example of why DS9 is so different from other series, because in most other Star Trek series the captain wouldn't go to such lengths as Sisko did. And any episode that has Garak is automatically a favorite of mine. He's just great to watch!

My favorite episode of all DS9, I would have to say, is Explorers. That episode is my favorite episode mostly because of Sisko and the family aspect of him bonding with his son, and how it shows that throughout the series Sisko is really a "builder", or in other words, someone who likes to do things by hand and see them to completion. Did he have to build that Bajoran space craft by hand? No. But did he do it anyway? Yes, and by hand i might add. In no other series have I ever seen a captain so dedicated to doing something like that. It took him many weeks to build it and his reasoning why he did it was that the ancient Bajorans didn't have all the tools and equipment they have currently, so he wanted to build as they had done. Just another brilliant episode and hands down my favorite to watch.

Is that the ep. they fly around in that ancient ship? :?: :?

I think it is all good. I don't think it has a defineing moment or best ep. They are all good :!:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:

I think it is all good. I don't think it has a defineing moment or best ep. They are all good :!:

Definitely! There are so many good episodes that it is kinda hard to judge which one is best. Trials and Tribble-ations is a classic!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:00 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Definitely! There are so many good episodes that it is kinda hard to judge which one is best. Trials and Tribble-ations is a classic!

tribbles makes everything better :D yeah that is a fun ep.

you know rene, who played odo, is cool. Was at a convention, was in the dealer room early and rene was walking. I was standing looking at the glass and stuff. Then i saw him standing next to me looking at the glass. The guy said that card probabbly looks familiar. He's like yeah thats my singhuture but I do not remember that excat card. They give them like a whole stack of cards to sign he says. Also he said hi. Plus he donates the money he makes to doctors without boarders, just does not feel right about takeing peoples money for singing some pictures or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:17 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:

you know rene, who played odo, is cool. Was at a convention, was in the dealer room early and rene was walking. I was standing looking at the glass and stuff. Then i saw him standing next to me looking at the glass. The guy said that card probabbly looks familiar. He's like yeah thats my singhuture but I do not remember that excat card. They give them like a whole stack of cards to sign he says. Also he said hi. Plus he donates the money he makes to doctors without boarders, just does not feel right about takeing peoples money for singing some pictures or something.

Wow, that must have been cool to meet Rene. The only Star Trek actor I ever met was John Delancie (otherwise know as Q) and I met him at a play he was the executive producer for. We were sitting in the back row and not in the expensive seating you'd expect a guy like him would sit. He sat right next to me! I was thinking wait......"That's Q!" and i told my brother and sisters, and we were all pretty excited to be sitting next to our favorite actor in all of Star Trek. We didn't talk to him during the play, but after we were allowed to meet all him out in the back of the theater after all the the actors in the play were done changing and getting ready to go home. He was a very nice guy and we all got his autograph. That was an awesome day! I almost got to meet Levar Burton one time. He grew up in the City I lived in (Sacramento, CA) and he was at a Sacramento Kings game that night, but there were lots of Kings fans that also happened to be Trekkies also, so unfortunetly I could meet him due to the crowd of people getting autographs.

My parents got to meet Patrick Stewart in London after they went to a Shakespear play he was in. they got his autograph also.

Thats really cool thea Rene donates his money to Doctors without borders. He's a really great guy!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Wow, that must have been cool to meet Rene. The only Star Trek actor I ever met was John Delancie (otherwise know as Q) and I met him at a play he was the executive producer for. We were sitting in the back row and not in the expensive seating you'd expect a guy like him would sit. He sat right next to me! I was thinking wait......"That's Q!" and i told my brother and sisters, and we were all pretty excited to be sitting next to our favorite actor in all of Star Trek. We didn't talk to him during the play, but after we were allowed to meet all him out in the back of the theater after all the the actors in the play were done changing and getting ready to go home. He was a very nice guy and we all got his autograph. That was an awesome day! I almost got to meet Levar Burton one time. He grew up in the City I lived in (Sacramento, CA) and he was at a Sacramento Kings game that night, but there were lots of Kings fans that also happened to be Trekkies also, so unfortunetly I could meet him due to the crowd of people getting autographs.

My parents got to meet Patrick Stewart in London after they went to a Shakespear play he was in. they got his autograph also.

Thats really cool thea Rene donates his money to Doctors without borders. He's a really great guy!

On his website I sent a message to him. He replied to my e-mail account, that he was glad I was not board with him talking compared to the last time I saw him talk.

At a convention in vegas I walked past riker and data. i was looking down and then I looked up and saw them walking at me. Then they walked around, good thing too ;) :D .Those two guys on stage together are funny :D . One full hour of hilarity :!:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:

On his website I sent a message to him. He replied to my e-mail account, that he was glad I was not board with him talking compared to the last time I saw him talk.

At a convention in vegas I walked past riker and data. i was looking down and then I looked up and saw them walking at me. Then they walked around, good thing too ;) :D .Those two guys on stage together are funny :D . One full hour of hilarity :!:

Jonathan Frakes should have kept making Star Trek movies. First Contact, Generations and Insurrection were all tons better than Nemesis. He is a good director, and hopefully we will see another Star Trek movie from him in the coming days. At least one could hope..... :D

That's awesome you got to go to a convention like that! I've always wanted to go to at least 1 Star Trek Convention during some point in my life. Did you get a chance to go to the Star Trek experience in the Las Vegas Hilton?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:14 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Wait a second, did Sisko punch Q :?: :o :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :idea:

yes, i went to both rides, if you want to call them rides, mabe like a simulation type thing? :? Klingon and borg. :D

Been to many Ohio ones. They are like 90 % star trek. rest is other stuff, star wars, babalon 5, lord of the rings, ect.

Talking about autographs, I have one with rick berman (sp?) Who is like a producer, you know involved with ds9 voyager enterprise.

I got one of Mary oyaya, who was in those 2 star wars movies. played one of those jedi. The green one. in the singing room, where some of the actor people were, she had no line to get an autograph.

Funny story, was at a convention which was called the women of Star Trek. And the first guest was was a guy. Who was a replacement for someone. He played a hologram on Voyager. The first question in the Q&A was; how does it feel to be one of the women of star trek? His responce was anything for a buck, anything for a buck. Not sounding very excited.
Between me, brother and dad, we basically seen all of the next generation people talk, includeing the doctor from season 2, at least most of ds9, includeing Morn :o , a lot of voyager, 7 of 9 does not like her picture of something so she rearly sings it, some of the orginal series, shatner, george taki.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
Wait a second, did Sisko punch Q :?: :o :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :idea:

yes, i went to both rides, if you want to call them rides, mabe like a simulation type thing? :? Klingon and borg. :D

Been to many Ohio ones. They are like 90 % star trek. rest is other stuff, star wars, babalon 5, lord of the rings, ect.

Talking about autographs, I have one with rick berman (sp?) Who is like a producer, you know involved with ds9 voyager enterprise.

I got one of Mary oyaya, who was in those 2 star wars movies. played one of those jedi. The green one. in the singing room, where some of the actor people were, she had no line to get an autograph.

Funny story, was at a convention which was called the women of Star Trek. And the first guest was was a guy. Who was a replacement for someone. He played a hologram on Voyager. The first question in the Q&A was; how does it feel to be one of the women of star trek? His responce was anything for a buck, anything for a buck. Not sounding very excited.
Between me, brother and dad, we basically seen all of the next generation people talk, includeing the doctor from season 2, at least most of ds9, includeing Morn :o , a lot of voyager, 7 of 9 does not like her picture of something so she rearly sings it, some of the orginal series, shatner, george taki.

Wait, Morn actually spoke! :shock: :o

That was the funniest running gag in all of DS9. Did you like the Dr. Catherine Pulouski from Season 2 Next Gen? I liked her as an actor and i wished they would have kept her for more than 1 season. Denise Crosby was also a person it was sad for me to see go. I like how they have episodes latter on in the series where they bring her back for guest star appearances as the Romulan woman. I heard an interview once with Walter Koenig and he talked about his experiences being on the show. It was really cool to hear him!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:14 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah Morn had a normal voice, no idea why he did not speak at the end. It was nethier horriable or excitting.

Dr. Catherine Pulouski seemed like a nice person. People kept saying she did a fantastic job on that other tv show. She kept says how kind of you. or something like that.

Denise Crosby was good in those later ep. Denise was on shows about a star trek or documtaries, you have any idea what i am talking about?

Hmmm when was Walter Koenig on next generation :?:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

empirejeff wrote:
Yeah Morn had a normal voice, no idea why he did not speak at the end. It was nethier horriable or excitting.

Dr. Catherine Pulouski seemed like a nice person. People kept saying she did a fantastic job on that other tv show. She kept says how kind of you. or something like that.

Denise Crosby was good in those later ep. Denise was on shows about a star trek or documtaries, you have any idea what i am talking about?

I was refering to the original Star Trek show for Walter Koenig. He talked about the old show and about working with Shattner and Leonard and Deforest Kelly.

I've never seen any documentaries with Denise Crosby before, so what ones are there with her? I might have to check them out some time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

I was refering to the original Star Trek show for Walter Koenig. He talked about the old show and about working with Shattner and Leonard and Deforest Kelly.

I've never seen any documentaries with Denise Crosby before, so what ones are there with her? I might have to check them out some time.

Trekkies 2 (2004) (executive producer)

Trekkies (1997) (co-executive producer)
Trekkies (1997) .... Herself

Trekkies 2 (2004) .... Herself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next