logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: X-Men Origins: Wolverine leaked
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:41 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

So its pretty much widespread news that the X-Men Origins: Wolverine has been leaked online a month before its release date. Its not finished with some SFX, dialog, and background music missing.

So for those of you who, heh, enlightened themselves to the movie...what'd you think? And will it affect your decision to see it in the theatre?

Personally, I'm very annoyed with some of the things they did in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. Just, you know, not as much as I could have it had been better. Just wish the movie had been better. Best way to describe it was "lacking dialog thrown inbetween many action scenes", lol.

It hasn't affected my decision to see it in the theatres, my dad and I still plan on the midnight releasee like we do with most "major" movies.

Post subject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine leaked
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I didn't even hear about the 'leak' until this morning, lol. That said, everything I've read about it sounds like the production company is claiming that there's about 15 minutes not included in that version of the film. Plus, it sounds like it may not be properly edited yet either. So, I probably won't try to watch the leaked version at all, but I'm looking forward to chatting with people after it comes out to see what kind of changes they made.

I'm saddened that the majority of the reviews I'm seeing so far are dismal at best in terms of the story. Sounds like it's an action movie and that's about it. Which, to some degree I understand, but I hope there's enough substance to carry it overall. Regardless though, Wolvie's always been one of my favorites, so even if it's just 90 minutes of claws and things blowing up, I'm very much looking forward to it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Saw this article on msnbc.com this morning: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30106550/

I thought that one of Hugh Jackman's comments was particularly interesting: "Obviously people are seeing an unfinished film. It's like a Ferrari without a paint job."

I really hope this is the case. I still haven't seen the leaked print, and with the film only 3 weeks away, I'm not planning to watch the leaked version either. I'm definitely disappointed that there seems to be so many 'bad reviews' popping up already, even though it hasn't even released yet, just based on an unfinished work. So I really hope that Jackman is right and that the final version is much better that whatever was leaked.

If it's anything like Fast & Furious, everything should be fine. The critics ripped F&F up one side and down the other, but I (and apparently a lot of other moviegoers this past weekend) thought it was fantastic, and a great addition to the series. Different from previous installments, but great on its own as well. That's kind of how I figure Wolverine will turn out as well. Plus, got to see the full Wolverine trailer before F&F, so now I'm really excited. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:48 am 

Well, the thing with Fast & Furious was it was only Reviews ripping it apart. With Wolvie its fans ripping it apart. They did say that the leaked version is missing the reshoots, so hopefully it'll be better. For me its the choices they made and a couple of things that just looked incredibly ghey (and not because of the SFX was unfinished). I'm still gonna see it in theaters, just hoping its better...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

well just don't forget,

The first Cut of A new hope was a dismal disaster. (i've seen about 40 min of the first cut years ago,,, um ouch). Yet with the same footage and a different cut the movie changed entirely.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm 

Whoa, where'd you find a workprint copy of ANH? I'd love to watch that! It'd be hilariously bad, lol...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jedispyder wrote:
Whoa, where'd you find a workprint copy of ANH? I'd love to watch that! It'd be hilariously bad, lol...

Oh this was like a decade ago or so at a con prior to the release of EP1. I swear i was scared for life. It was dull, lifeless with well... it was just GOD awful. truly disgraceful. Thank god Lucas had the taste to see that and not release the first cut. (go watch the bonus material from the last dvd box set for the classic trilogy to see clips of the early cut)

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Heh, late in coming here but I gotta give my thoughts.

I came across a torrent of Wolverine maybe a day or two before it was big news, but that aside I thought it was great. It was funny to see various SFX sequences with basic cgi, or explosions that look like they were made in Powerpoint or MS Paint. The score was also borrowed mostly from the Transformers Movie that Bay did.

Overall I thought it was enjoyable, I actually liked the precut more than what I saw in theatres.

Also There was no footage difference between the two I noticed. Like Jackman said it was a Ferrari without the paint. Rough CGI models without color or texture and scenery. but just as well it worked fine. Most effects like his claws and various things were finished though.