logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:56 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Heres a really cool vid that breaks down the second trailer, enjoy!!!

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/948398/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/videos/rewindtheater_transformers2.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:10 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

This is a MAJOR spoiler, so beware before you go and peek...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_%28Transformers%29

Basic Studies: 397/540 [RS:51/60, CS:41/60, SITH:47/60, UNV:46/60, COTF:54/60, BH:51/60, AE:51/60, FU:51/60, LF:51/60]
Advanced: 47/102 [ATAT:1/1, ENDOR:4/4, R&I:5/24, SS2007:6/6, HBP:17/17; PROMOS 14/60]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Well I saw this movie last night at the mid night showing and it was pure awsomeness. There are so many fight scenes this time around that leave you breathless, I was impressed and enjoyed myself from start to finish, I was a little worried about it being a sequel but it didn't disappoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm headed to see it in about 4 hours. Can't wait. I've seen some of the reviews so far, and about as I expected, most of the reviews were pretty harsh. But they mostly harp on things about the plot and I'm here thinking "Screw the plot, I just want to see giant robots beat the crap out of each other!" So I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :D

Re-watched the first one a few weeks ago, and still love it as well. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Well if your interested in the robot beating robot action you wont be disappointed lol, the fight scenes are just plain epic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just saw it and it is really good. Not Star Trek good, but as someone who only sees like 2 movies at the theater a year (unless they are full of awesomeness, I have seen Trek 3 times so far) I definately felt like I got my moneys worth. It is pretty long, but robot ass kicking aside, I thought the story was really good. I saw the original 3 times in the theater, got a bootleg before the DVD came out and have watched the DVD about 10 times. This one, this will probably be it until the DVD release. I don't know what it is, but I just REALLY like the first ones the best. LOVED Transformers, Spider Man, X-Men, Underworld, Blade, but the sequels never has much as the original. hmmm doesn't bold well for Iron Man 2 lol. Until then I will keep waiting to see GI JOE and praying it doesn't suck as bad as it looks so far. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:22 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I saw Transformers II this afternoon. I enjoyed it very much. The humor kept pace with the action.
That's all I'm gonna say without breaking into the spoiler bag. Oh yeah . . . . You would be doing yourself a disservice by passing it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:29 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, here's my take on it. I loved the action, which was probably 3 or 4 times more than the first movie. However, much of the rest of it really upset me! The language, the nuances, the situtaions . . . they were all unnecessary and ridiculous! For those who have seen it, I hope you agree with me. Honestly, not a kid-friendly movie at all! I feel bad for any parents last night who brought their kids to see and hear stuff they can get on any late night TV program these days! Very upsetting . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, the non kid-friendly stuff irritated me a bit. We have a friend at work who has a young nephew that he likes watching the first film with, and he said he was disappointed because he knew he wouldn't be able to take his nephew to see this one, but he's been asking about it for a while. So, tough situation there.

There were certainly a few things along those lines that could've been completed left out (the dogs, and Wheelie's 'moment' with Mikaela, in particular :roll: ).

But otherwise....the movie rocked. Plot was a little less deep than the first movie, but still really good, IMO, and to some degree, that's to be expected with sequels. The action was WAY better. The robot fights were much more intense this time, and, even though it's still tough to tell what the heck is going on sometimes, there were moments of "holy crap, did he just do what I thought he did?!!?"

Some of the new characters are pretty sweet too.

Don't listen to the critics though. They can't see the forest for the trees, and where obviously too busy writing down their nit-picky notes instead of just sitting back to enjoy the film. It's a fun summer movie with tons of great action and explosions. I'd put it on about the same level as the first film.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

At least "Wheelie" didn't speak in rhyme this time. If he did, that would be the end of him, in my book.

Next installment -- I wanna see Dinobots, and forget Megatron, bring in Galvatron.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, technically Galvatron was in this movie. ;)

The writers said they specifically stuck with the Megatron moniker just so that people wouldn't get confused, but the tank form was always Galvatron in the older series, right?

(I'm not terribly well versed in TF canon, so I may be way off base here)

And did it bother anybody else that Megatron was so obviously a minion of the Fallen? I'd always pictured Megatron as somebody who would never work for anybody else besides himself.

I did love that Starscream had way more lines in this movie than the 1st one. Got a bit more of the Starscream vs. Megatron rivalry there, which was nice to see fleshed out a bit more than it was in the 1st film.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:27 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I caught the midnight showing, arriving at 11:30. It was frickin PACKED! The theatre I went to is huge (18 screens) but I had to park in a completely different complex (for those in Cincy, I went to Rave and had to park at Barnes & Noble). What started as 4 showings developed into a minimum of 9 screens with about 5 marked as sold out when I got to the theatre. Even arriving in the room about 11:40 it was packed to the brim, with the majority of open seats in the very front underneath the screen.

I was completely amazed by the movie. When we got to the Smithsonian and found out the Transformer was a Decepticon turned hero, I kept hoping it was Jetfire and it was! So happy, I always loved Jetfire and his weird history (I didn't do any research to see which 'Bots were gonna be in the movie, wanted it to be a surprise). I'm thinking this was actually better than the first, it had more action and many more Transformers...

LoboStele wrote:
Well, technically Galvatron was in this movie. ;)

The writers said they specifically stuck with the Megatron moniker just so that people wouldn't get confused, but the tank form was always Galvatron in the older series, right?

(I'm not terribly well versed in TF canon, so I may be way off base here)

Nope, Megatron was a tank in Generation 2.

LoboStele wrote:
And did it bother anybody else that Megatron was so obviously a minion of the Fallen? I'd always pictured Megatron as somebody who would never work for anybody else besides himself.

Everyone has to start somewhere ;) I really liked the idea...

LoboStele wrote:
I did love that Starscream had way more lines in this movie than the 1st one. Got a bit more of the Starscream vs. Megatron rivalry there, which was nice to see fleshed out a bit more than it was in the 1st film.

I loved Starscream's last line, about how cowards live to fight another day. That is classic Starscream!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Well Nate, Dylan and I went to see it tonight. I thought it was great and hilarious at the same time.

Of course the most confusing part for Nate and I was why the hell was Sam so reluctant to tell the queen of freakin hotness he loved her????? What the hell??? Who here would not have licked her shoes if she asked looking like that?????

I mean really WTF????

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:39 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I would lick her shoes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Darth Havok wrote:
I would lick her shoes

Amen..... Too bad they cannot make a cyborg or her (versus Lobot type ) and sell her.

What a Christmas present that would make for the Miller House!!!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:50 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

The action for this movie was awesome, but I have to agree that some of the jokes were harsh and completely unnecessary. The mom at the college was way to extended and the movie ruined her character. The robot humping the leg was creepy and just a waste of film space. Those would probably be my biggest complainants with the movie, oh and Sam taking 30 seconds to raise the matrix above his head and scream while plunging it into Prime. I am all for drama and over the top moments but I actually looked at my watch to see how long it was taking for him to stab Prime (I grew up with Even-Stevens, so Shia La Bouef is not my favorite action hero character, Eagle Eye was good though). Complainants aside, the action more than made up for these bad moments and this is one of the big summer blockbusters that makes going to the movies fun and is one everyone should see.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:22 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dnemiller wrote:
Amen..... Too bad they cannot make a cyborg or her (versus Lobot type ) and sell her.

What a Christmas present that would make for the Miller House!!!!!

Best. Present. Ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

dvader831 wrote:
Well, here's my take on it. I loved the action, which was probably 3 or 4 times more than the first movie. However, much of the rest of it really upset me! The language, the nuances, the situtaions . . . they were all unnecessary and ridiculous! For those who have seen it, I hope you agree with me. Honestly, not a kid-friendly movie at all! I feel bad for any parents last night who brought their kids to see and hear stuff they can get on any late night TV program these days! Very upsetting . . .

I totally agree with you! I loved the Autobots and Decepticons (save for the Twin's, I mean did anyone else catch that one had gold tooth and one had a silver tooth), and the action, but absolutely hated the sexual inuendos, cheezy romance scenes and the overall bad acting. Honestly, I really don't want to see dog's doing each other 4 times on a movie. :x An even more disturbing was the Robot humping Jamie Fox's leg twice (I just about threw up) :shock:

The constant swearing really was inappropriate. Not a movie I would take my kid's to! For those who haven't seen the movie yet here's my advice: don't waste you money on a movie ticket, but instead wait for it to come out on dvd and get your finger ready on the fast-forward button. If you skip past all the stupid stuff and go to any scene with Autobots or Decepticons, you will find the movie very fun to watch. I give this movie 5/10. Action was great! Story was great! Robots are awesome! Everything else really was bad!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

You seem like the kind of guy who wants every movie to be made for a 12 year old. With all bright smiles and happy endings. No sexual content, kissing or any other display of affection, because that is actually the 8th Deadly Sin. A robot humping Fox's leg almost made you throw up? What are you 5 years old? Grow up please.

Sorry, I am an adult and I like my movies to have some adult humor. If I want to go see a kids movie I will pop on the old Transformers show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DLV, please tone down your comments a tad. You are coming off rather harsh. Obi1 was clearly just trying to say he was surprised at the added level of questionable content compared to the first movie is all. This movie is rated PG-13 after all, so I wasn't shocked by any means. I am sure the urban youths found Skids and Mudflap to be HILARIOUS! To me it just came off as unnecessary and I don't understand the idea of promoting urban thug humor, but I also understand Michael Bay did not make this movie for me. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next