logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Billiv15's 3 Warnings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

So you all can be fair in your judgement of the Wizo's, here are the three warnings I received and what I got them for. All of these have happened since Thanksgiving.

1) Bumping a thread within 48 hours. Ive done it once my entire time on the board, and it was for the thread to be seen by Milwaukee people quickly to see if anyone had found them.

2) My signature. I expected a warning for this and you guys pretty much know what I said in it. But for those who do not, here it is.

You can put anything you want in your signature. Have an opinion you want to share, but the evil mods wont let you? Put it here. Want to insult someone else but tired of official warnings and deletions? Put it here!!!

The new board moderation (Wizos) utterly sucks.

Dont post anything on this board that might require them to read more than your last comment, or they will mod you. Also, report any post you want. They will only deal with posts you find offensive and refuse to read the rest of the thread.

Do not tell someone their signature is in poor taste - it will get you warned and the signature will remain. Or at least they will tell you you are off-topic and to thank your luck stars they didnt warn you "this time".

And never, never use the word "Silly" to describe someone's latest comment. It is apparently one of the most offensive words in the English language so some members and they will report you. I post it here only as a warning, and as a way to protect the younger members from making this tragic mistake.

And finally - Vote NO on more Gleemax Wizos!!!

3) My third warning and accompnying banning came from posting the following:

@thecrow - is that what I said? There is no need for you to make a new
account and come on here to start flame wars with others. Please find
some better way to occupy your time.

It was in response to thecrow telling me
Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
So you had a sure thing but decided to pass up a championship title & $2000 because you didn't feel like playing B&B?

And for those of you who do not know, this guy has been trying to start a flame war with myself and Uliq since he joined the board. Clearly its a returner who was angry about something. My comment that got him to say this was:

It had little to do with people building to take it out. In the end I just chose to run another of my favorite squads. I actually told Deri, Matt and Tim the night before the Champ that I thought I could win it with B&B. JWM swarms are actually easy - you use thrawn offensively. I didnt look forward to B&B on mustafar, but I can win those as well. Maps played a more important roll in my decision than the squads. But in the end, I just preferred something else.

My point was that I didnt choose Han Cannon over B&B at the champs because of squad concerns. He decided to make a flame war out of it and make it sound like I was being an arrogant prick. I thought my response was appropriate. I also had reported his baiting and flaming several times as WizO_the_Hutt had told me to in the pm that I posted a few days ago. He admitted to me that the mods cannot deal with ongoing harassment well at this time, so I thought, well, lets ask the guy to stop.

So that's it. Those three things got me banned. Feel free to make any judgments about me or the mods that you want, I think the reasons speak for themselves.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:19 am 

And to add insult to injury, it appears thecrow is still alive and well despite my reports...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That's is absolutely crazy dude. First of all, you should've never been warned for the thread bump. People bump threads all the time in the general forums. Besides the fact that there is NO rule in the CoC about bumping threads in general. It's only a rule in the Trading area. So that's just plain stupid. Especially when you had a decent reason for it.

The second one....well, like you said, you expected it. :P But you get mad respect points for having the guts to put that up there. You'd think these kinds of things, especially from a respected community member, would make the Wizo's stop and evaluate what's going on. Oh, but wait. They probably don't have a single CLUE that you were a respected community member, because they rotate the stupid mods so often. Again, more reason for them to have at least one or two mods specifically assigned to a section in order to get to know the regular people. As we have here, it is always better to have moderators or who actively involved rather than have people who's only purpose is to moderate. It just doesn't work.

The 3rd one? Unacceptable. Honestly, like I said in the other thread, this all just seems like someone in particular had it out for you. I know a lot of people in the past have been irritated at the way in which you post sometimes, but frankly, you're just one of those people who says it like it is, and you don't pull punches. Which, a good number of the people on the WotC boards needed sometimes. It's too bad that 90% of the population jumps to conclusions and reads the worst possible meaning behind everything you type, instead of taking time to really have a discussion. Everyone's concerned about themselves half the time and "ooh, that hurt my precious feelings" ends up equaling 'hit report button' instead of "hmm...maybe he's got a point and I could learn something."

Overall, there's a large part of me that's glad I can't view the WotC forums all that often anymore. I just pop in now and then when I have rules questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:51 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I agree with everything that Lobo wrote.

I also find it ironic, as well as appalling, that one of the most respected players would get banned.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Bill, That sucks. I am in no way as close to the boards over there as you were and I am frustrated by what gets posted over there, so you must have been going crazy. If it wasn't for the rule forum I wouldn't go there at all. This place is nice and it seems like the only thing missing is the number of people, but mass people leads to anger and you no what comes next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:44 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

I wrote a PM to Gamer_zero. I'll post any communication that I receive. I also still need to post the e-mail I got from Hutt. It's just silly. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I went over there yesterday after you posted something here about your sig. When I looked it was pretty plain so they must have changed it back for you.

Glad you posted here as I was very curious.

I truely believe Gleemax is destroying the WotC boards. I have dabbled in the Flame Wars stuff on Gleemax since I have not done anything like that before. Did not find it enjoyable and the arrogance of the other posters is amazing.

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:38 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

that'll probably get you banned for trolling or flaming. You gotta be first to win, so i suggest waiting three weeks (about how long it takes for them to absolutely forget something) then start your anti-crow campaign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:55 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Wow, that is really pushing the limits of moderation control. It really makes you appreciate the hard work and professionalism of those who mod on these boards. I am not as vocal as some on the boards, nor in real life, but have enjoyed the 'big brother' attitude of those that have been around for a while. Since I joined shortly after RS first came out, it was nice to have members "put you in your place" for newbie mistakes. I see a lot of this incident along the same lines. The veteran posters can better moderate the boards than a Wizo who rotates in and out on a corporate whim. That's why every team has a team captain and the officials at the game usually have no clue what is going on. I feel bad that you lost your username over some rather trivial items (#1 and 3 anyway :wink: ). At least the veterans can be consistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:01 pm 

Yep, I absolutely deserved number 2. I was frustrated and couldnt find any mods or customer service people to listen to what I was saying. So I did what I could. #1 was unfortunate, but a technical violation none the less. I have no idea how #3 was considered flaming and baiting however... I was trying to stop it actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:14 pm 
General
General

I posted the most alarming thing to me was the idea that not 1 case was overturned through appeal. What is the point of the appeal system?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:15 pm 

emr131 wrote:
I posted the most alarming thing to me was the idea that not 1 case was overturned through appeal. What is the point of the appeal system?

placation. Simple as can be. Ive sent the appeal. I havent even heard if it was received yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:18 pm 
General
General

Also, one note, did you receive an official warning for the 'silly' comment? I think there are some that think you did and I thought you did not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:23 pm 

emr131 wrote:
Also, one note, did you receive an official warning for the 'silly' comment? I think there are some that think you did and I thought you did not.

I did not. I have seen that as well, but cannot respond to it on WotC. I received a message telling me to remove the word "silly" from a post and that further offenses would result in an official warning. I did as was asked in that case. The next week I started receiving official warnings.

All 3 of the official warnings are listed above guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:24 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Lets be Realistic wotc isent going to care about any of this, how ever they do let people who order from them get away with not following dci protocol all the time, maybe that can be used against them some how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:50 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Wow, thats just stupid, you get a warning for your sig and yet the crow doesn't get a warning for his? There just isn't any justice in that. I really don't like how the Wizos are running the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:36 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

I find it interesting that Wizo_the_Hutt removed the link from his sig. That would have been a CoC violation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

You deserved #2. 1 and 3 are lame and I don't think either would have happened if we still had mods that were a tiny bit familiar with our small corner of the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:17 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

NickName wrote:
You deserved #2. 1 and 3 are lame and I don't think either would have happened if we still had mods that were a tiny bit familiar with our small corner of the boards.

agree 100% tho number 2 was pretty big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:32 am 

DarthJoe8 wrote:
NickName wrote:

agree 100% tho number 2 was pretty big.

Did you read my post about them? I admitted that long ago. I even told people before I did it that I expected a warning for it.

But here's the deal, like my method or not (I tried all the correct channels first), we have been able to do multiple things. We have gotten the Wizos attention. We got a thread to talk about the problems (even if it is just for show). CotF/thecrow actually proved the theory I was trying to show WizO_the_Hutt before I was banned. I was telling him how easy it is to manipulate the WizOs for personal reasons.

And Joe, like it or not, I should be getting my user id back. But even if not, I am sure I will be able to post under my new one without the usual "pretending" to be someone else.

Not that I intend to spend a lot of time on WotC from here on out, but hey.

And lastly, number 1 & 3 were the result of one angry member trying to get me banned. I put the analogy like professional football. The refs could call holding on every single play, they do not, as they understand the game. They try to catch only the most egregious offenses that affect the game. If someone reports every post you make for over two months, odds are you will have violated some part of the CoC. Then, accompanied with a WizO who doesnt follow the situation, or that board, and you get warnings for silly stuff.

Just so you know Joe, the irony was, this was the very scenario I was complaining about, and low and behold it actually happened to me. Thats why so many people are upset - at least those that understand the situation.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next