logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Revolution - Spoilers warning
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So I really wonder if anyone thinks when they are design costumes for the characters and the sets.

We are supposed to believe that after 15 years the main female character still has a shirt/top that look brand new. She was 5 or maybe 8 when the power goes off and now 20 or 23. So how does she do that?

Scene with the found RV. So you and your bro go hunting and find an RV out in the woods. You explore it because in the 15 years since the power went out no one happened to find this. Really?

Same goes for the airplane scene.

Now the show is in Chicago and although they are using torches to light a hotel. Yet there is no scorch or burn marks on the surfaces near the torches.

Ok, if you can get past all that. At the end the lady fires up her computer and talks to another person on the other end. So, if I am following along NBC wants me to believe that this lady has a working computer after 15 years she some how powers it on. Ok, I can get around that because she, I would assume has always had this pendant that was able to power the computer. Thus being able to test a the computer and monitor. What I have a problem with is that she instantly gets response. so in a world with no power you are able to magically power on your computer and just by chance the person on the other end has their computer powered up and send you and instant reply. Really? All the infrastructure is still functional after 15 years to get a message from the middle of now where to another location with out any power.

Also don't buy a Prius. it looks like in 15 years they will totally rust out, unless you are wanting to plant flowers in it.

This is worse than the Walking Dead.

Post subject: Re: Revolution - Spoilers warning
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I didn't have too much of an issue with the clothes. For the most part, they looked rather generic and plain, what you would expect of hand made clothes.

For the most part, I try to avoid thinking about the little details.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thanks for the spoiler warning now I can only blame myself, (shows still on the DVR) I tend to take an approach with these sort of shows/movies that is best to disengage the brain and go along for the ride and I find them far more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Im really glad I wasn't the only one thinking this stuff last night as I watched the show. I really hope NBC didn't spend a lot of money on this because all it feels like is a bad DND game in a post apocalypse world..

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I liked the show and think it will get cancelled. It was still fun to watch. They previewed the show like a week ago.