logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Star Wars the Gathering - Testing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

6 months ago, a group of my coworkers and I came across a Zelda version of Magic. This gotta us to thinking why can we not make our own Star Wars set?

The last 6 months we have had a team of 7 people working on creating a magic set with a Star Wars flairs.
This is hardly a new idea a quick search will show many people have tried to do the something and there are plenty of card images out there where someone created a card or 5. WE wanted to take on a pretty large set but this left us with some inherent issues with porting Star Wars into Magic, the first issue was how to handle the “unique issue?” ‘Ultimately we decided that as we worked through the set that we would have to allow for multiple copies, so yes you could have 2 Hans on the field at the same time. We would attempt to tone them down for non-legendary and then ratchet them up for the Legendary version, added now or later. Some cards are direct ports from magic with a star wars face. Some cards are all new or a mix and some you may recognize a little bit of Star Wars miniature abilities in some. WE have gone through the initial build (245 cards + 5 basic lands) and have gone through 2 play testing rounds working through the cards

As we get further into testing this to make sure the cards are solid we would like to expand the playtesting to some people outside of our group. This group is mostly made up of people who like Star Wars but play or did play magic at a national level , and then me who is a Star Wars guy who sometimes plays. We recognize that it is good to get feedback outside the group and the playstyle. So if you know how to play magic well and would like to do some playtesting on a Star Wars themed set the please let me know.

Here are a couple green cards just to show you something.

Red= Seps and Bounty HUnters
Black= Imperials
White = Rebels
Green = Creatures (Ewoks, Wookiees ect)
Blue = Creatures (Nemodians, Gungans, Sea Creatures ext)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars the Gathering - Testing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:57 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wow. Those look pretty good to me. I never got into magic so much, I've played only a few times. My brother has been on the national stage taking trips to Japan and other places for national tournys. He now lives in Colorado playing poker for a living, if he was near me I would say that we could help you but unfortunatally I can do nothing myself. But looks good and good luck with it.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars the Gathering - Testing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thank you for the kind comments we are really enjoying playing the sets, through the playtesting and trying to break things. I totally broke Bacta Tank yesterday, we are looking with the first set to try to include alittle of everythign from OT, PT, and Expanded Universe.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.