logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:26 am 
General
General

It's not a personal attack if we are discussing his professional behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

saying...

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
hah, yea, wiz the hutt, sucks.

...is a personal attack in my book. If someone were to say, in their own words, "I really don't think the way Gary Sarli runs his own little web page and minis store is very ethical" then THAT is discussing their professional behaviour.

Once again though, the purpose of this web site (swmgamers.com) is not to be a place to complain about people from the official site. If you have an issue with someone individually, especially a mod, then take it over there and send them a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:49 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

LoboStele wrote:
saying...

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
hah, yea, wiz the hutt, sucks.

...is a personal attack in my book. If someone were to say, in their own words, "I really don't think the way Gary Sarli runs his own little web page and minis store is very ethical" then THAT is discussing their professional behaviour.

Once again though, the purpose of this web site (swmgamers.com) is not to be a place to complain about people from the official site. If you have an issue with someone individually, especially a mod, then take it over there and send them a PM.

Its just a matter of degree really. Zack is responding from his opinion of Hutt's professional practices. How someone does that properly might be up for debate, but there is no question from Zack's post about what he was referring to.

Also, I see no problem with complaining about someone by name. This is a complaint thread. Its purpose it to vent and to warn others about what the OP has witnessed. It is perfectly legit to complain about people who have offended if they are a part of the problem (in the mind of the poster).

I dont understand why some of you are against this practice. As long as its not out of hand then there isnt a problem. Nothing I have seen so far has warranted any correction.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Which is why I haven't corrected/edited any posts.

I do think Boris has a point though, that it's not really polite (or professional either) to discuss someone in negative ways behind their back, or in a fashion where they have no way to defend themselves.

I also agree that some of the Wizo's have some less-than-perfect practices over there, but again, if I have a problem with it, over there is where it needs to be discussed. Start a vent thread in the Rec Room or some portion of the WOTC site that would allow such a thread. Send PMs to the Wizos and messages to customer service.

I understand that venting can be a nice stress-relief sometimes, but it's usually better to put that energy to good use and actually do something about the problem. If all that happens is people come over here to vent, then nothing will ever change over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:03 am 

LoboStele wrote:

I understand that venting can be a nice stress-relief sometimes, but it's usually better to put that energy to good use and actually do something about the problem. If all that happens is people come over here to vent, then nothing will ever change over there.

For my part, I have done most of the above - particularly contacting customer service. I fully understand the liklihood of anything coming from my complaints. (which means I expect nothing but a nice email response).

Over here I can warn people about what I see going on and my opinion about it. SWMs players for the most part do not read the rec room. The one's I want to communicate to will likely read this.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:55 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
Which is why I haven't corrected/edited any posts.

I do think Boris has a point though, that it's not really polite (or professional either) to discuss someone in negative ways behind their back, or in a fashion where they have no way to defend themselves...

I have complained "to his face" to no avail. I have reported what I believe to be his unprofessional practices, again to no avail. Complaining about it is the only recourse I have left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Hehm yeah lets go over there and do it.

I am getting real tired of threads just disappearing. I think i am missing it, but nope - deleted.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, at least if they are taking the time to delete the threads, then they are reading them. Plus, if you continue to post questions or concerns to the forums there, and they continually get deleted, then you have a good cause to go through Customer Support and complain. The moderators of the WOTC forums are being paid by WOTC. That means, it is the WOTC moderator's jobs to support the customers, just like Rob or Gary or Rodney or any of the other game designers there. Enough complaints through the Customer Service department ought to eventually get someone's attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

While you are probably correct, i have grown a little too cynical to hope for that.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:47 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Menoth's Fire wrote:
It's not a personal attack if we are discussing his professional behavior.

Making fun of the way a person dresses, or their physical appearance (height, weight, etc.) IS a personal attack.

The rest of the comments are in bad taste IMO but my fellow mods and I have agreed to let them stand. I have deleted the portions that were decidedly over the top.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure when Dean and Fox got together to create this website, they didn't say to themselves, "Let's hope people come over here to vent frustrations with the way things are going on the WotC message boards."

Nope, I'm fairly certain they designed this place to be a central location for SWM-related discussion (and no, griping about a former SWM mod who works on the RPG line is not SWM-related discussion).

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Last edited by Grand Moff Boris on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

dnemiller wrote:
On the subject of getting as big as Wizards.... No we will not get as big as Wizards just because I will never focus any part of the site to Dreamblade or other games like that.... So that would be impossible.... So dont be waiting for me start a Magic the Gathering subforum....

Not even a WaS board thrown in there with Pocket Models and SSB? :)