logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Comparison of space ship board games
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

This year I attended my very first GenCon, and even though I only participated in the HeroScape and Lord of the Rings miniatures tournaments, I had to walk past the on-going Star Wars Mini's events to get to my designated areas. Among my friends there was a lot of talk about the various Space Ship oriented board games on the market or soon to be released. Some of them have already purchased the new "Battleship Galaxies" by Hasbro and are now disappointed after having had a chance to see it's mechanics in action in a competitive setting. I am certain that the members of this web site will be biased toward the Star Wars themed "Spaceship Battles" - but I hope this thread will yield a lively discussion as we compare and consider the PRO & CON attributes of each of the games currently available. For instance:
1. Spaceship Battles
2. Battleship Galaxies
3. Star Trek - Fleet Captains
4. Leviathans
5. War Rocket
I have not yet played any of these games but I am considering getting ONE of them to add to my collection. Can anyone help me decide which one it should be? Please be specific in describing the characteristics, features, or designs that you find most appealing or distracting. Thanks.