logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:36 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Goat wrote:
I refuse to even trade in my GameCube towards a Wii even though there's seemingly no purpose to keep it. I love that little console, with the little lunch box handle and all. I wouldn't trade in my xbox either, I spent like 180 bucks on the thing and I'm gonna get every last ounce of gaming out of it, regardless if I were to get a 360 or not, I'm using my old xbox! (I've never played Fable, Jade Empire, Pysconauts, ect. so I still have alot left to play)

Dude, wrong thread! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:30 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Emr already beat it?" Damn that was short....

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I got to play for about 2 hours on Monday night when I got back from the store. Had to catch a plane for a work trip at 7am, so I had to be a good responsible adult and get at least a few hours of sleep. :( Haven't got to play any more since my stupid plan flight back home last night was an hour and half delayed. :(

I actually had hoped to take the '360 with me on the trip, and play at the hotel room, but I called the hotel in advanced and asked if their TVs had RCA inputs. Not only did they not have RCAs, but they had the stupid lock system crap on the coax cables as well, so I wouldn't have even been able to use an RF adapter. Very disappointed. :(

Now...for the game though....I played about an hour of single player (up through getting on the Pelican and going to the UNSC and meeting up with Keyes). Then I played about an hour of multiplayer. Anybody been able to play a multiplayer game with more than 4 people? It seemed that LIVE was reporting something like 16000 people on Halo 3 at the time, but wouldn't populate more than 4 people into the game. Was really annoying. I'd like to play some huge 16 player free-for-all Slayer matches. :)

Other than that, it's REALLY cool. I like the new weapons. The new control scheme took a bit to get used to, but I'm liking that as well now. The hammer IS pretty sweet. I like that you can only carry 2 of each grenade now. Keeps people who are really good with the plasmas (like me, usually) from abusing them too much, lol.

Planning to have some friends over this weekend for some multiplayer action. Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 am 
General
General

We had 6 playing on systemlink with 3 x-box's. I can't speak for Live as I stated above, I don't use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:51 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I love this game thats all i have to say 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Id have to say this game is amazing there are so many improvments of the past 2 games IMO. Plus the addition of the hornet is awsome, my new favorite vehicle, though i do have to give a shout out to the Chopper its pretty sweet as well. Oh and i have a new fav weapon the HAMMER!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

And I just loved in the campaign mode, one civilian sees a Brute with the Gravity Hammer and yells out, "That space ape has a big damn hammer!" That is just great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:13 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Last night I got to play this game. My friend and I started Campaign at 8:30 last night. One 12 pack of game fuel and a bag of doritos later we finish the campaign at 3:30 in the morning. No breaks, non stop. I have to say I was very impressed. The last mission was just awesome. I don't think I have ever played a video game for 7 straight hours with no breaks before!

(We then played live and multiplayer after beating it. All in all it was an epic night of gaming!)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:28 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

How can a 7 hour campaign be worth it? That seems awfully short. MP is that good?

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:07 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Multiplayer is not good . . . it is amazing! I played with Darth Havok last night, and even when we were getting our Spartan behinds handed to us on a platter, we were having fun! There are just so many fun things to do with it online!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:49 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

punxnbutter wrote:
How can a 7 hour campaign be worth it?

It all depends on your value system.
Personally, I consider a game to be worth it if I get as many hours of enjoyment out of it as I spent working to earn the money to pay for it.

So, as Halo is worth a little over 5 hours of work for me, I need to enjoy it for a little over 5 hours. I've already put well over that on the game already, so Halo falls in the "Worth it" category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, I just finished Halo 3 on the Heroic setting. I figure I'll probably play it on legendary at some point, but I cheated and watched the extra legendary ending on YouTube. :P I think it's pretty funny about the rumors that floated around the first week about the special ending letting you see Chief's face. I'm kinda glad it didn't end up that way. The '117' on the memorial at the end was really sweet. I would LOVE to see Bungie tie in the Marathon series, or even redo it altogether, but built out of the Halo storyline (they fit pretty well anyways). We'll see I guess!

Oh....and Infection is one of my favorite multiplayer games so far! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:15 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Aaron, I redesigned that form of Infection we were playing last night. It will be so much more chaotic! I jacked up Zombies to 300% speed, some damage reduction, no shields. And I gave humans regenerating grenades, just for kicks! I can't wait to try it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:22 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Damn, me and my best friend just got Halo 3 and spent all last night beating the thing on Heroic. It was sweeetttt! I'm gonna be getting live in the next week or two, just 'cause of that game :P Fav moments: 1. Early on, at that open building and there's covenat snipers everywhere and the freaking brute with the hammer charges you! 2. When somebody rams a pelican through a window to save someone! 3. The race out of halo at the end :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:15 am 

That game we played was amazing. Especially all the hornets and stuff flying around with the zombies I can't wait to play with u guys again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:50 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Yeah, I'm enjoying the Custom games! I hope to make some more very fun maps for playing Infection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, that was awesome. We need to find more people though. Can you imagine playing that with like 16 people?? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:16 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Yesterday, with 8, it was a blast. 16 will be amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think we had at least 10 at one point on Friday night or Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm 

Yeah and then when we all had rocket launchers and spartan lasers. We had one person fly the Hornet and the other one would ride on the side and laser people it was amazing. Aaron you should have been there. I'm gonna try to be on tonight but it depends on when I finish my homework plus tonight is Chuck and Heroes night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next