logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Just got back from the midnight show, the movie is downright amazing. Brought me right back to my childhood where I must have seen the original animated movie a hundred times. This movie turned me into an unusual ball of joy that I let loose, surely annoying my neighbors in the theatre but **** 'em, I allowed myself to have fun for once ^_^

Post subject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Ugh, Transformers. I just wish those movies would go away! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Glad to hear you liked is JS. I expect it had giant robots, and some cool explosions... which makes it okay in my books.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So it was actually good...the exact opposite of Transformers 2? If so that makes me very happy. I might just see Dark of the Moon if that is the case. I liked the first Transformers movie, but Transformers 2 was cool in some parts but (imho) just downright awful in other parts. If they had just kept all the stuff with autobots it would have been a great movie, but nooooo....we got to see dogs humping each other. Sheesh!

The trailers for this movie look awsome. Is it in 3-D?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am 

Revenge of the Fallen was ok but nowhere near as great as the first. I felt this was definitely better than that, and (to me) possibly better than the first. I think what helped is it had new writers. The plot was unique but it's a Michael Bay movie so at times it wasn't the most important thing. The battle scenes are much longer than before (last 20-30 minutes is a huge fight). The current breed of stupid Autobots do not have too much screen time, they're the Wreckers and they still were nowhere near as annoying as the Twins. Who could seriously have thought those up with a straight face?!? Plus, no giant balls or huge plot holes (hey look, we just so happen to have a battleship facing this guy along with a top secret rail gun that this guy just so happens to know about and has a direct line to).

It is in 3D but I saw it in 2D. I have glasses and feel that 3D can be awkward and sometimes it gives me a headache =o/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I agree with everything Chris said, but I did see it in 3D, and it was the best 3D movie I have seen. Better than Tron, and that says alot for me. Best movie I've seen this year, best movie of the entire series. They cut down on the stupid jokes (still a few, but not near the level of Revenge of the Fallen). Amazing cars, great story, good twists. Fan-tas-tic!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

37 % on the tomatometer last time I checked. I'll wait till the rifftracks comes out to check it out probably.

Bay-splosians!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Barely any of the movie was in 3D, and then just very subtle at times. So yeah, definitely the best 3D movie ever hahahah. btw i agree that Tron was excellent in 3D.

The whole plot was a nice homage to a season 1 episode of the original show, so that was pretty cool, otherwise yeah very enjoyable. A few good surprises, and also just as many wtf's though. the flying army guys? what purpose was there in that? lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
I liked that the film wrapped up the trilogy effectively. The movie had more plot and it made since for the most part. The ascents of Megan Fox was dealt with, not all that well, but it was at least acknowledged.

The thing about all 3 of these movies is how Robots come and go and are forgotten. Barricade is completely forgotten at the end of the first film, and then suddenly appears in this film for all of 10 seconds.

Revenge of the Fallen introduced us to a bunch of Robots. Now a bunch died at the end of Fallen okay, but some didn't and they are nowhere to be found in this film and you're left wondering where they went.
As annoying as Skids and Mudflap were they are completely absent in this film, we are denied even a gratifying death sequence for them. Jolt and the surviving Arcee are also missing. Oh and Sam's Parents, they showed up in this film and then were conveniently forgotten never to be seen again. Now did they help or hurt the film? They helped both of the first two films in my perspective and this one could have benefited from just a little more time with them too.

All the new Autobots were all given lots more screen time then any of the ones in Fallen. Which helped as well. Did they become fleshed out characters, no, but they were more than just cannon fodder (well not completely true, some of them were their as pure plot devices.) The Wreckers however were not annoying, but quirky, and they were straight up Marvel Comics transformers. When they first went in their vehicle forms I was reminded of a bunch of issues with the way some of the robots looked. Just awesome.

I think it was a step in the right direction. Too bad Revenge of the Fallen was so bad otherwise this Trilogy would have been spectacular.

Oh and did Shockwave ever actually transform? Just curious.

This film was a bit over done in some places but not so much it made it uncomfortable or akward to watch.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I was really hoping for Starscream to usurp Megatron in all the confusion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Dendrite wrote:
I was really hoping for Starscream to usurp Megatron in all the confusion

LOL yeah, that would've been nice. I thought it was just as fitting for the way he ended though, since it wasn't even the other bots who really took him down, but a punch of 'puny humans'. :)

Overall, I REALLY liked it compared to the other 2. Not sure if I'm ready to say it was better than the 1st movie, but it was DEFINITELY better than the 2nd one. Although, my wife did point out that she actually liked the character of Megan Fox (not the actress, just her character) in the first two movies better than the new chick. The new girl was constantly a damsel in distress sort of thing, and was a 'step backwards', in my wife's words, compared to how the female characters were handled in the first two films. She was also turned off by the fact that there are like 10 minutes toward the end of the movie with absolutely no dialogue. Just lots of action, screaming, and things blowing up. I tried to convince her this was how Bay wanted it, but she still thought it could've been done otherwise.

Then again...my wife is an actress/filmmaker, so she grades things on a bit more strict scale than I do. I thought it was fantastic. :D