logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Boba Fett
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:17 am 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

So I just ordered the Boba Fett expansion off of Amazon prime for ten bucks. I am happy be getting him in a couple of days because of course how can a star wars miniatures game exist without Boba? I mean seriously he demonstrated in the movies that he cannot hit anyone he shoots at but looks cool so he is an auto include in everything ever correct??? The best part is in every game it seems like he is the guy that somehow is to fix a balance issue or unbalances the game. So please tell me he has no disentigration or anything of that nature. Anyone can tell me what they think about him or how best to use him? What do you think he will work well with?

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: Boba Fett
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The first thing I tend to look at is what is my range and damage output.
Blue Range figure 3
Green Range figure 1
Yellow Range figure 1
So at range 5 you can output a max of 5 damage plus a surge for either another two damage or heal 2

Add that to jump jets and you have at least one shot of a possible range 10. With diagonals as one that is a huge amount of board to cover. Granted you will have to draw that jump jets out of your deck, but for 1 point it s a game changer IMO.

Explosive armaments could also be pretty significant if paired up with probe droids

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Mando Tactics could be huge game changer depending on when you pull it from the deck.

It gives you +2 accuracy on both shots deals 4 additional total damage plus recovering 4 health or 1/3 of his health.

Running him with anyone with protector makes him really tough to hit as well. Running him with Elite Imperial officers will be fun. Sort of the days of machine gun boba from SWM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Jump Jets won't really help Boba too much, since (1) he already has Mobile (ie, flight for the SWM player), and (2) it requires an Action to use and he already has Speed 6 himself (so why would he spend an Action to move just 5 instead of 6?). Jump Jets will be awesome for Vader or Chewie (big pieces with slow movement), but I really can't see a purpose for it with Boba.

And yes, Boba with a Protector is a total beast...2 automatic Blocks (ie, damage reduction) and 1 automatic Evade (ie, surge-cancel), plus whatever he happens to roll with his Black defense die. He's pretty much equal to Vader with those defensive abilities...and he can Recover!

And don't minimize the value of that automatic Evade...it makes it much harder for your opponent to get those crucial Stun or Blast or Pierce effects. I've found that he's often the last guy left on the board, just because he's so hard to get damage on.

He's not a heavy hitting glass cannon...he's more of a tactical ace with plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Seriously, he's my favorite piece in the game so far...and this is just speaking from a game mechanics/tactics standpoint. My kids are always fighting over who gets to use Boba Fett! lol

And Mandalorian Tactics...let's just say that there's a reason this bad boy costs 3pts! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So I ran this last night. I thought the attachment worked differntly then it does. I thought every droid or hunter was able to get this. So that sort of screwed my squad up. But it still was able to dish out some massive damage. If my opponent wouldn't have drawn botht eh reinforcement cards from his deck to bring back Heavy Stormtroopers i would have had him.

With Mando Tactics and the attachment I was able to confidently shoot from 7 away and hit both of his Royal guards and at the end put 5 damage on one and 6 on the other. Then was able to fly in a probe droid to self destruct and rolled 3 damage on it. In between He was able to heal up one the guy for two.

Command cards that I would probably change is Single Purpose. Tough to use with the officers.

Boba Probe | 40 points

Deployment Cards
---------------------------

▪ Boba Fett
▪ Temporary Alliance
Probe Droid
Probe Droid
Probe Droid
Probe Droid
▪ Explosive Armaments
Royal Guard
Imperial Officer