logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: K-town Challenge / Indiana Regional April 25-27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

It looks like the K-town Challenge / Indiana Regional will be April 25-27. Regional will be on Saturday the 26th. Location will be at the Gamer DMZ's new store location at:
3023 S. LaFountain St.
Kokomo, IN, United States 469

Events
Friday 4-2514
7pm Royal Rumble - Cost $5
Prizes 3 Boosters of ROTS, two Maps from JediCartographer.

Saturday 4-26-14
200 Point Regional - Cost $15 Map List A
9am - 9:45 Registration 10am Round one begins. We will play two rounds and then do lunch.
Prizes - 6 ROTS boosters. $50 Itunes gift card with more coming in.

During the Championship rounds we will do a 250 point Epic Fantastic Four.
Cost $5 Legal maps- All standard and Restricted maps plus from JediCartographer Map pack 5 Mercenary Base and Great Library.
Squad must include 1 Epic Piece and three other pieces. Faction rules apply and the squad can only have four characters and must be 250 points exactly. Gambit will be worth 20 points. Time limit will be 45 minutes.
Prizes 3 Boosters of ROTS, two Maps from JediCartographer.

Sunday 4-27-14 Cost $15
Xwing - Start time 10 am
X-Wing™ Escalation Tournament
Launch your fleet, and engage the enemy! This X-Wing event challenges you to build and pilot squads of increasing size. The Escalation Tournament follows the standard dogfight tournament rules, with the following exceptions and changes:
Players will submit 4 squad lists upon registering:
A 60 point list
A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list
Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:
Round 1, 45 minutes
Round 2, 60 minutes
Round 3, 75 minutes
Round 4, 90 minutes

Prize support based ont eh number of players
8+ Tantive IV
12+ Tantive IV & Aces
16+ TantiveIV & Transport
20+ Tantive IV, Transport, Aces

Post subject: Re: K-town Challenge / Indiana Regional April 25-27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

a couple Questions of the Fantastic 4.
1. What map list will be used?
2. Like with Dynamic duo do you have to equal exactly 250 or is it just a 250 point build with a 4 piece restriction?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Any map on the restricted list.
Exactly 250 the way DD used to be.
Other rules
Characters with Disintegration lose Disintegration
Reinforcements and Reserves are not allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Does the squad for the Fantastic four have to be faction pure, or just follow normal faction rules.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Follow normal faction rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Updated

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:39 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

What is the map list for our regional?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 am 
General
General

entry fees?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Updated with cost.
Waiting on map list updates

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:58 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Another question on the final four, will Bastilla's ABM be allowed and if so will it function as normal or possibly be altered in some way?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

gholli69 wrote:
Another question on the final four, will Bastilla's ABM be allowed and if so will it function as normal or possibly be altered in some way?

Do you mean the Epic Fantastic Four? If so yes everything except disintegration will work normally. Since there are only four characters I don't think ABM is a huge problem.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:23 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

yes, sorry I did mean the Fantastic four and thanks for the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

As posted in the Other message for the Regional, the map List is Restricted list A.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Updated map list for 200 and Fantastic Four. Also clarified a few things in the Fantastic Four description.

Looks like the prize support for this event is growing. Customs from upcoming vset 8 will be used as prize support.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Fun times as always! Thanks to Brian and Les for hosting, it ran very smooth.

I played:

--Karrde Trick--
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Lobot
21 Han Solo, Gambler
12 Gha Nachkt
36 Klatooinian Assassin x3
12 Rodian Assassin
14 R7 Astromech Droid x2
18 Mouse Droid x9

(200pts. 20 activations)

My map - Theed Royal Palace

Round 1 - Mike Giles. He was playing Durge on Speeder, Lancer, Sideous, Maar Tuk, Poggle, a bunch of drones, mtb in base squad, 3 uggies. I win map - choose his. We play on library. I bring a LIN Demolitionmech and a buzz droid. Total chess match as he only outacts me by a couple. He takes gambit with Durge as I position my bombs and reinforcement droids to deter strafes, and lock doors. I am able to fairly safely snipe a few drones, and he is popping one off each round too. I finally outactivate him but it's too late. He was able to kill Gha (I forgot to use talon's CE to move him back, and he blew an adjacent bomb with the mtb to finish him off). I was able to kill his uggies and prevent the strafe, but Durge does knock off a klat assassin, and a couple mice. I had popped several more drones, but in the end a couple key misses prevented me from being able to shoot the lancer, and the final score was something very small to something slightly less small (49-55)? Something in that ballpark. Mike wins.
0-1

Round 2 - Face Jake K. Ugh - 6 hour round trip to face the guy I already play the most. He was playing a Vong squad I built (sorry Jake - bad meta call for this day). I bring 2 Jawa scouts, he brings another quednek. He wins map roll and play on his map - cargo loading docks. This map sucks. So much clutter - you just trudge through slowly. I think we only completed 3 full rounds. VERY close game. He missed a key attack on a quednek gallop to kill Han, I kill (the free) quednek. I am able to kill 1 HB warrior, and later the other. He does a monster charging gallop to do 2 attacks on Dash, hoping for the crit, doesn't get it. Soon he's left with just commanders. 1 or 2 rounds I would have finished him off completely no problem, but I was down and out of time. I converse on Quorreal but have a big miss that puts him out of killable range. My only chance is killing Zenoc, who is in range of the spotter. I base him with Talon and spot to hit him for 40, but I can't base him with my assassin, so I just take the shot and hope he fails his evade. He does - I win by 6 points.79-85 or so.
1-1, 2 pts

Ugh - this has not been fun. 2 crawling chess match games decided by 10 or less points, both of which could have gone either way.

Lunch time - I get a margarita "as big as your head". Refuled and buzzed, time to go to round 3

Next up - Randy. Really creative Imp quad - Daala, 4 storm commandos, 8 Imp diplomats, Nyna Calixte, Flym, Disra. I bring Mowmaw and salacious.
We play on theed, and it's another chess match. His diplomats can hit for 30 at a +10, and I can't attack them if there is a superstealth commando in LoS. And there almost always was. I was able to snipe one or 2 diplomats coming in through careful placement. A lot of back and forth, I finally get aggressive to try and make some significant kills. I take out 3 more diplomats with Momaw and 1 damage to a few other pieces. I move Talon up to disrupt superstealth to kill a commando and miss. That miss COULD have been hug, if it wasn't followed by that surviving commando then missing TWICE, which would have killed talon, and lost me the game. I kill a few more commandos and diplomats, I think he kills Han, and a klat. At the end I barely squeak out a win in large part do to Randy's bad dice. 2-1, 4 points

Last round
I face Greg - Stupid Mace, Foul, vset 4 Yoda, Aayla JK, Doombot, 2 sparrtis, 2 uggies. We both have Theed, so that's what we play on. I bring MTB and 6 mice. Finally, my squad gets to shine, and do what it was meant to. I race Han up with talon's CE, out act, open a bunch of doors, race Han all the way to open the top door of the center room on theed, and line up to kill R2. I win init, kill R2, and back up Han. I blow away Foul with my assassins (shooting from the bubble) and pop the 2 sparties. I then use Han and the rodian to exterminate the uggies, and it's 3 jedi vs the world. I out act and use dash to detroy Aayla, I think I lose Gha and a few mice in the process. He brings in Mace, but my juiced up hitters shooting from the bubble make short work of him. He calls it knowing Yoda will soon follow. Game lasted about 15 minutes do to the bad matchup.
3-1, 7 pts.

Wow, what a stark contrast. I was the last match done in 3 crawling chess matches, and the first one done in a crushing. This squad is very matchup dependent. When I have a bad matchup, it's all reacting to them and countering. No fun aggressive offensive strikes. I decide I'm retiring this squad.

But only after the final 4. I end up in 4th place, and face the undefeated-after-Swiss Chris Pulis. He's playing Durge on Speeder, Cad Bane Bounty Hunter, Broken-vset-6 Assaj, Lobot, r7, San Hill, etc. We play on Theed. I bring 10 mice, he bring a rodian assassin and something else. This game is kinda fuzzy. I out-act barely (factoring in San) He brings up Durge and exposes him to attempt to kill a mouse with his blaster. Misses, and I get to unload with my assassins. I get him down to 20 HP. I line up Han for the kill shot. He wins init, so I have to pull back Han with Talon's CE. I forget what he does, but he doesn't move Durge. I think, easy kill, and shoot with a Kat Assassin, but I miss. Crap. Well I shoot with another on. Miss again. ARE YOU KIDDING!?! He gets the clue and moves Durge back. He then comes in with Bane and takes a few shots on one of my R7s and misses one, leaving him alive. I start to unload on Bane, and take him down to 20 HP. I have to use Han at the end of the round to extend and kill Durge, and finally do. I win init (mtb) and move up Dash with Talon's CE and finish off Bane, and then pull back. This is when Chris pulled a BRILLIANT move I did not see, running Asajj 18 square with her stable footing to base dash and probably kill him. He hit the first but missed the second. That miss was huge. I probably could have still squeaked out the win even after losing Dash, but it would have been a grinder. With Dash still alive it was easy to finish off the match. Lasted about 30-35 min.

Onto the finals.

Jason K beats Mike G, so I face Jason's 100pt Dooku, Poggle, BX Spotter, BX Sniper, R7, San Hil, and a crap-ton of bombs. I bring in a jawa scavenger and another R7 (just because). I win map, we play on Theed. Jason has his set way of playing this squad. He marches Dooku up front, with the spotter adjacent. then following in with the drone swarm. We both figured shield save rolls would loom large. We both march to the center room on theed, he in his formation. I open up the doors I need to and position my jawa to hope to make the key kill. I win and I move my Jawa in position. I take the shot and I hit the spotter for 60 damage (accurate, talon's +10, cunning +20, ion gun +20) Yes!!! Then I fail the shield save. Noooooo!!!!! Dead Jawa. I asked Jason how he thought it would have gone if I would have made that single save, and he said right then and there he would have extended his had and conceded. Well - since that didn't happen I strapped in for having many more shield saves. He didn't move the drones up since I had Talon and his bubble waiting around the corner. He was slightly out of position, so he had to move dooku up front for key positioning. So I moved in all my guns to take their shots, all in the bubble. Dash - hit (shield save, yea!), miss, miss, hit (shield save, yea!). Dooku at 100hp. Rodian hit (shield save, yea!). Dooku at 70 hp. He spins something. Klat Assassin hit (shield save, yea!). Dooku at 40 hp. Klat Assassin hit (shield fail, boo!), dead Klat. He spins something. Klat Assassin hit (shield save, yea!), Dooku down to 10 hp. Han for all the marbles - hit (shield save, yea!). Jason extended his had and conceded. Match was 15 min tops.
Wow, 9 attacks on Dooku in cover, 7 hit (granted I was attacking with 14s and 16s, but still), and counting the jawa I had 10 shield saves and only failed 2. Of course had I just made the FIRST shield save it would have been over, but my luck swung big-time toward good after that.

Thanks to Sthlrd2 (Jake) for the face-to-face trial runs of this squad and TINT (Trevor) for the vassal help!

I guess I live a charmed life in Kokomo with SWM. 5 Regional championships here ever, and with luck on my side I've won each of them.

Happy to be the first to win with all Fringe. 2 factions left to win a regional with to get all 10.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

My weekend
Rumble - Mace LOTLS and Rex - Boba Merc Commander and IG 88 Assassin Droid - Sidious, Supreme Chancellor and Farios Olin

Game one I had to face three different versions of Sion. But after an extremely slow start I made the winners table. I made it based on points by scoring over 300. There I faced two more Sions. What made this a fun night was the smack talking 12 year old, Dillon, that seldom was quiet. This to me is what minis is about and why we have a great community. The kids walks in and beats two Hall of Famers and no one was mad or upset. It was a fun night.

Saturday
I run
Quinlin Vos (Set6)
Sidious (set 6)
Asajj (set 6)
Poggle
Drones x10
Lobot - Monmaw and Crumb

Match One vs Bryan Hole
Bryan is running a Black Sun squad with Talon IB and a Czerka to get twin on Peaceful City.
He gets Talon and he squad in gambit. So disruptive and Yslamri. Grrr....
Palpy runs in to make some noise while Monmaw goes around the other side of the room and hasa drone open door so he can get in. I am able to war throat and kill all but one mouse, the czerka, and uggies. That is pretty much the game changing moment. Everyone loses twin and thus not to big of a threat when they can shoot my cloaked pair.

Game two - the closest game I have play in 5 years.
I take on Chris Pullis and his Durge on lancer, Cad Bane, and Asajj. Theed
He gets to gambit first. Puts 40 on my assajj with cad befre I can cloak her. He swings Durge around but Palpy winds up chewing him up with quad and rage. Cad shoots almost all my drones. Asajj nails cad and vos lighting him at the begining of the next round to finsih him off. Asajj on Asajj action goes in his favor and then runs back to gambit. I lighting a rodian. and realize that I cannot kill the 2 points as the time as already called. It was a great close game and lots of fun. Some questionable moves that we talked about later would have changed think more in his favor.

DRINK. DRINK. DRINK.
Look for a pub crawl minis event at GenCon in the future. Two Pubs, 3 drink minimum at each. Come back to the minis hall and have to play a sealed where you just get the names of your characters. You then have 25 minutes to sort through a box to get cards and a separate box of D&D minis combined with Hero clix mins to use as figs then create your squad. The to top it off it is a Mystery Map.

Round three-
Buzzed Laura vs Buzzed Les I won the margarita challenge between us, but she won the game.
I was a square off and could not do much against the Disruptive and Yslamri. Monmaw did get some kills again but not as many as against Bryan.

Round Four - vs Randy
The dice gods smiled at me and threw Randy under a bus. He missed at least 8 shots needing to roll 6 or less. Monmaw and drones dealt with the Imp. Dignitaries.

2-2 not bad for the first time playing this squad and not rolling a single map choice.

Epic Fantastic Four
Epic Maul, BHC Douku, Wicket, Twilek BG

Game 1 vs Jake - I bring a knife to a gun fight. That never ends well.
Game 2 bye
Game 3 vs Randy - Masaki Style saves the day. Randy wins the Sportsmanship award during this game :)

Sunday
Xwing 14 players or so.