logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Competitive Vassal League 2.0, Sign Up Now
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:53 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Alright guys, the first few months went alright but as the formats changed people became less interested. So, here it goes. The Competitive Vassal League will now change formats to a single format type and turn into a competitive vassal practice league. I am strongly suggesting we have a league night/time so everybody will know when they are likely to get a game in. There will be no teams at first, however, after one month we will break into teams based off records.

How it will work:

(Format)
Every game will play on a 200 point standard format. You can play any league member not on your team. Games will be scored by points given to points scored and by win to loss.

(Teams)
Winning teams will be determined every so many months (depending on demand) and the teams will rotate except for "anchor" members (those who played the most games on a given team or those who had the best records, determined by whichever method seems more appropriate at the time) Those members will be the team "captains" and choose who they want on their team for the next round. The first teams will be as follows; the top 4 players by win to loss ratio will each be on a team as a lead, then the top 4 players by games played will be on each team as a second. Then the bottom 4 players by win to loss will be on each team. Finally, the bottom 4 players will be on each team. (so, top 1 W/L, bottom 1 W/L, top 1 GP, bottom 1 GP will all be on the same team for the first round) Any ties/overlap will be handled by myself.

(Winners)
There will be multiple types of wins for this league. They are as follows: Team wins; Most games played, Highest win to loss ratio (Team must play at least 10 games to qualify), Highest points scored to points given ratio. Individual wins: Most games played, Highest win to loss ratio (Individual must play at least 10 games to qualify), Highest points scored to points given ratio.

(Rule Details)
If a player is disconnected from vassal, it is their responsibility to set up another game. Should they not contact both myself and the other player, the game will be considered a forfeit victory for the other player and scored as their win with a 200/0 score. The player disconnected can avoid this by proving they attempted to resolve the issue. Proof is BOTH of the following: saving the game after disconnect AND private message me a CC of a private message trying to schedule a game with the other player. The player wishing to score points like this must do the same to gain points for the game.

If both players can not come to an agreement on how a rule works, BOTH players will save a copy of the game and contact the rules guru of the league presenting their argument. The rule guru's word is final and the game will be completed from there. Neither party may play another game until the disputed game is completed and should either player fail to play the disputed game within ONE week, it will be ruled the same way as the forfeit rule (and be called completed, allowing both partied to play again.)

Players abusing any rules mentioned will be thrown out of the league.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players: --please include bloomilk name in () if you have one--
1. Jedi_Master
2. (MaliciousCrumb)
3. (Minitank HT)
4. (spryguy1981)
5. obikenobi1 (Mando)
6. thereisnotry
7. (wannabe mexican)
8. (edi)
9. Ein_Elf (Gren)
This number can go well beyond 12.

Rules Guru:
Back up Rules Guru:
Back up Contact:

(seeking people for the above positions)

Game nights are Saturday and Sunday from 3pm Central time till 10pm Central time.

For time zone differences, Central is -6 Greenwich time. So, guys in the eurozone, add 7 hours to the time (so 10pm till 5am) and those in Auzzieland, turn PM into AM and add 2 hours.

Confused yet? http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundam ... _time2.gif and the central time zone is the -6. If you guys want, we can do an overseas league time as well (like, +4 being the center, and it being 3-10pm sat and sun on the +4 zone, whatever it is called)

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Competitive Vassal League 2.0, Sign Up Now
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well, you know I'm in. Anchors away! :D

obikenobi1 (Mando)

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sign me up!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

sign me up, please. Iam "Gren" on Bloomilk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

ein_elf wrote:
sign me up, please. Iam "Gren" on Bloomilk.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I obviously returned too late for this one, but hopefully will catch the next one.

She giveth, and she taketh away.