logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:30 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1

Hinkbert's squad:
-Ani are you Ok?-
35 Anakin Skywalker on STAP
24 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer
23 Captain Panaka
23 Foul Moudama
23 Padme Amidala, Senator
21 Admiral Yularen
18 Klatooinian Captain
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Rodian Diplomat
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

obikenobi1's squad
-Rebels-
Kyle Katarn, Rebel Opperative
Han Smuggler
Princess Leia
Luke Commando
R2-D2 & C-3PO
Ben Kenobi
Lobot
2x Mice

He brought in a Kel-Dor and some Uggies with Lobot
We played on Rhen Var Citadel (I won map)

It was the first time he played on Rhen Var. He set up in the side with the many rooms, I was on the other. He brought his guys towards the middle most stair case to enter into the main rooms with Kenobi in front, and R2-3PO behind, screwing over my strafe idea. He made the mistake of opening a door with Lobot that gave me access to his guys. So I tow Foul with R2, then and place a Brute adjacent. Swap the brute out for AniStap, Lift AniStap to right below the gambit room and the AniStap moves and shoots Kenobi without cover. He gets his Leia provided shot with Han, which AniStap evades. Then Amidala allows AniStap to kill Kenobi, and AniStap avoids the noble sacrifice shot from Han too. He wins init, uses Kyle to shot Ani and Ani makes his evade and jolt saves, but fails the splash. Ani then strafes a mouse and Kyle getting him to 10 hp left. I swap Ani out for my noble. He does his 2 acts, leaving the noble alone (not realizing that the noble gains opportunist). My noble then crits Kyle and defeats him. Next round he makes one more go with Han, Ani evades the first shot, but not the Leia one. Ani then defeats Han and he concedes.

Hinkbert wins

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:10 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 2525
Location: Anderson, SC
hinkbert wrote:
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1

Hinkbert's squad:
-Ani are you Ok?-


You've been hit by, you've been strafed by, a smooth criminal.

_________________
Bald is beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Lower Hutt, New Zealand
hinkbert wrote:
He wins init, uses Kyle to shot Ani and Ani makes his evade and jolt saves, but fails the splash.


Does Ani have to make a splash save if he's already made an evade save?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:30 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 76
I don't think so. Successfully making the evade save just means you don't take the damage--it doesn't make the attack miss.

A similar situation actually came up at the Chicago regional, where I used Panaka to bodyguard an attack from a character with splash. The ruling we came to was that the target did not need to make a splash save, because the attack had hit him, even though he didn't wind up taking the damage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:17 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
Hinkbert vs JediMaster

Deathwatch?! More like Death Shot!
54 Jaster Mereel
29 Pre Vizsla
23 Mandalorian Captain
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer
70 Death Watch Saboteur x7
12 Mouse Droid x4

Jaster brought in the Quarter Master

Yoda's Delivery Service
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
51 Yoda on Kybuck
27 Lobot
23 Captain Panaka
12 Kaminoan Medic
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Salacious Crumb

Lobot brought in Momaw and a Noble

He won map, we played on Throne Room. I set up in the turbo lift area, he set up in the big room. I lost a Saboteur early due to internal strife and he did a well thought out gallop attack but got a critical one with Yobuck that hurt his strategy. After swapping out Yobuck for Momaw (so Yobuck could heal) he did war throat, and then I took Momaw down. At this point I had one mouse left, a few saboteurs and my commanders. Thankfully the guys that were left rolled like champs and I was able to get R2 and Lobot (along with other scrubs) and through some good placement Mace wasn't able to do much and had to retreat to heal. Since he retreated, I was able to advance towards the big room and get some gambit. After healing some he brought Yobuck back against a saboteur and Pre, the saboteur set off the only significant self-destruct of the game, and my commanders were able to take Yobuck out. I then whittled down Mace and Panaka some and he brought Mace in, hoping to crit Jaster, and wasn't able to. Pre then critted (ironically) Mace and took him down

Hinkbert won 208 - 147

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
Weeks wrote:
hinkbert wrote:
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1

Hinkbert's squad:
-Ani are you Ok?-


You've been hit by, you've been strafed by, a smooth criminal.


:lol:

Thats what it felt like. Seeing 4 shots get evaded by Ani where just 2 of them could have killed him was just downright demoralizing, not to mention the jolt saves. Ani was singing "Can't touch this" all game.

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
Weeks wrote:
hinkbert wrote:
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1

Hinkbert's squad:
-Ani are you Ok?-


You've been hit by, you've been strafed by, a smooth criminal.


+1 to Weeks for noticing the reference. Usually I'm bad at squad names, but that one just came naturally.


TheHutts wrote:
hinkbert wrote:
He wins init, uses Kyle to shot Ani and Ani makes his evade and jolt saves, but fails the splash.


Does Ani have to make a splash save if he's already made an evade save?


And no he doesn't. That was a misunderstanding/misplay in our game. Since Kyle's attack hit AniStap doesn't need a splash save. If there had been allies around him though, they would need to.

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
hinkbert wrote:
Hinkbert vs JediMaster

Deathwatch?! More like Death Shot!
54 Jaster Mereel
29 Pre Vizsla
23 Mandalorian Captain
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer
70 Death Watch Saboteur x7
12 Mouse Droid x4

Jaster brought in the Quarter Master

Yoda's Delivery Service
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
51 Yoda on Kybuck
27 Lobot
23 Captain Panaka
12 Kaminoan Medic
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Salacious Crumb

Lobot brought in Momaw and a Noble

He won map, we played on Throne Room. I set up in the turbo lift area, he set up in the big room. I lost a Saboteur early due to internal strife and he did a well thought out gallop attack but got a critical one with Yobuck that hurt his strategy. After swapping out Yobuck for Momaw (so Yobuck could heal) he did war throat, and then I took Momaw down. At this point I had one mouse left, a few saboteurs and my commanders. Thankfully the guys that were left rolled like champs and I was able to get R2 and Lobot (along with other scrubs) and through some good placement Mace wasn't able to do much and had to retreat to heal. Since he retreated, I was able to advance towards the big room and get some gambit. After healing some he brought Yobuck back against a saboteur and Pre, the saboteur set off the only significant self-destruct of the game, and my commanders were able to take Yobuck out. I then whittled down Mace and Panaka some and he brought Mace in, hoping to crit Jaster, and wasn't able to. Pre then critted (ironically) Mace and took him down

Hinkbert won 208 - 147


Mace couldn't seem to crit a damn thing that game. Momaw did his thing, yobuck did well, but mace was a complete waste that game. It also didn't hurt that the death watch was rolling 16+ most of the game. *shakes fist at vassal*

Good placement on Hink's part kept him alive long enough to make it a close game, bad dice finished me off. I think I am going to start keeping track of my crit hit to crit miss ratio both for and against me :r2line:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:17 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 559
hinkbert wrote:
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1
Ani then defeats Han and he concedes.

Hinkbert wins


Got a score for me to input? else I will have to give you 200 and him 0 :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
Jedi_Master wrote:
hinkbert wrote:
hinkbert vs. obikenobi1
Ani then defeats Han and he concedes.

Hinkbert wins


Got a score for me to input? else I will have to give you 200 and him 0 :P


Since he conceded I assume we treat it like a 3 point win in a tourny, which would be 200 points. He scored 5 points by killing my diplomat. That cool with you?

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
thereisnotry vs hinkbert

This was a 500pt epic format. We placed no limits on CEs, since there seems to be no hard-and-fast ruling on that.

Yoda's Tea Party--
144 Yoda, Legend of the Light Side
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
47 General Skywalker
37 Aurra Sing
33 Captain Rex
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
23 Captain Panaka
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
10 Figrin D'an
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Rodian Brute
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(500pts. 16 activations)

152 Darth Vader, Legend of the Dark Side,
144 The Phantom Menace,
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo),
30 Xizor,
22 Imperial Inquisitor,
54 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo, x3
16 Admiral Gilad Pellaeon,
15 Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer,
13 Czerka Scientist,
11 Admiral Ozzel,
8 Mas Amedda,
3 Rodian Brute
(500pts. 14 activations)

Hink won the map roll so we played on Peaceful City and I chose the right side because it seemed to be slightly more safe from crazy shots. As it was, I didn't have to worry about too many shots because I was able to keep my main pieces adjacent to the Shieldbearer, who made it dangerous for Hink's guys to shoot mine. First round was positioning, and the Hink started the 2nd round by trying to use TPM to zap Figrin, who was adjacent to the Shieldbearer...but Yoda Force Defensed it. D'oh! I then based TPM with Figrin to prevent him from swapping out. TPM died soon thereafter when Rex shot him a few times and the rest of my guys finished him off; we didn't remember Execute Order 66 at the time, but it wouldn't have mattered, since Mace and Anakin and Dash could've just as easily done the job. I continued to eliminate his pieces with my triple-attacking shooters (Aurra is SO much fun in this squad!), but then Hink rolled Reserves in Round 4, and he brought in a Kaminoan Medic, a TBSV, Dr.Evazan, and a Gran. He was able to bring Yoda to 60, Obi to 80, and Mace to 50 by the end, but not before I had defeated the rest of his squad (except for Tarkin, against whom Anakin rolled a 1). I also had 5 rounds of gambit or something, so the score was astronomical.

thereisnotry wins, 673-72

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am
Posts: 134
Location: E-Town PA
2 things, 2 epics in a squad makes thinking hard :x . 2nd thing TBSVs seem to sucked for me.

Also, 500 epic format is way more fun when neither player uses Bastila.

_________________
"Anything worth killing is worth over-killing" - Darph Nader


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: CVL mini league
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
hinkbert wrote:
Also, 500 epic format is way more fun when neither player uses Bastila.

+1!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!2!!!! :D

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield