logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post subject: Re: 2012 Regional Meta
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

greentime wrote:
Tim Ballard, I challenge you to play Nomi Sunrider at a regional this year. If you can win with that, Daniel and I will carry you around Indy on a palanquin during Gencon.

This is a little late to throw this challenge out there, don't you think?

There is sadlly only 1 regional left for Tim and I, and it was decided at the begining of the regional season that Tim would run a specific crazy squad if he won 3 regionals again this year (which he did). So sorry to break the news to Grahm, but Tim is already spoken for in this last regional and won't be able to complete and then shove the challenge right back in your face.

Tim is at work now and I wanted to get a response out, I will let Tim make his own response when he has time.

But while we're throwing out challenges,

Where's the Atlanta crew at in our Royal Rumble tourney. I don't know if you guys have what it takes to take down
Team Royal Rumble.!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

greentime wrote:
Tim Ballard, I challenge you to play Nomi Sunrider at a regional this year. If you can win with that, Daniel and I will carry you around Indy on a palanquin during Gencon.

As great as that sounds, alas what Jake said is right. I am obligated to play a (very not tier 1) specific squad that we both thought would be ridiculous, annoying and silly.

Actually I don't think I could do it anyway. I am not a OR player in the least - it's the antithesis of my play style.

Graham I give you mad props for winning a regional with a janky OR squad and placing 2nd with Nomi in a squad that you were just handed that day.

BUT . . .

I am curious to see if Atlanta has the cajones to take on the team Royal Rumble challenge. :fight:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well yesterday in Danville, NR won its regional and now ever faction won a regional this year. That being said I do think once piece has really emerged as something you have to plan for at a regional.. Cad Bane.

If my count is right Cad Bane has won 3 regionals each with a different faction and I haven't found a result where he was part of a squad that didn't at least finish even for the day.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:09 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

audrisampson wrote:
Well yesterday in Danville, NR won its regional and now ever faction won a regional this year. That being said I do think once piece has really emerged as something you have to plan for at a regional.. Cad Bane.

If my count is right Cad Bane has won 3 regionals each with a different faction and I haven't found a result where he was part of a squad that didn't at least finish even for the day.

I guess there's less Lancer and Yobuck around at the moment, so it's much easier to protect Cad Bane in the current meta?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TheHutts wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

I guess there's less Lancer and Yobuck around at the moment, so it's much easier to protect Cad Bane in the current meta?

Well he does have some really strong natural defenses such as stealth and evade.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

audrisampson wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

Well he does have some really strong natural defenses such as stealth and evade.

Totally, so with the fast moving melee pieces (Lancer and Yobuck) less prevalent, he's much harder to track down and kill. Mara/Ganner takes a hit with more Ysalamari around too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Mace in the Face!!!!!! An excellent counter to Cad Bane.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Revan/Jaq/Kaan/GARY has very little trouble with Cad Bane. Swap Atton in and run to base Cad you need 2 2's to kill him, and you can reroll once. Or you can use thought bomb, if he fails the save, he dead. Most squads with Cad in them try and save him for the last act, so getting cunning on him isn't a big issue, assuming you have the movement to base him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7