logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Missouri Regional, April 21st
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

For anyone not on my Facebook friends list and didn't get an invite, here is the information!

"It's time once again!
We will do $15 entry fee and have prizes to go around.
Our judge will be Bolivar's own, Gunther Thorington.

200 point tournament, Restricted Map List, 3-2 Scoring System, One hour rounds, Swiss rounds depending on amount of players, then cut to a top 4 for playoffs.

We will be playing in the meeting room of the Super 8, where my lovely wife is the manager and allows us to play.

Bring on the best, and let's roll some dice!"

We've lost our game store and the restaurant from last year, so we'll be the first to have a Regional in a hotel. It'll be like Gen Con, just less ugly girls in tight clothes! :DSBoom:

If you're interested and not on my Facebook, shoot me a request.

Post subject: Re: Missouri Regional, April 21st
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Can you give an address for the event?

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Super 8 Motel
1919 Wommack Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613-3128

Here is the address for the hotel. I copied it from Ray's Facebook event.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Now to look it up and see if it is close or not..

Nope, its close to where I lived in Springfield MO as a teen but that would be a LONG drive before a tourney..

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:38 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

audrisampson wrote:

Nope, its close to where I lived in Springfield MO as a teen but that would be a LONG drive before a tourney..

If I can drive to Owensboro, you can visit your old neighborhood lol!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dvader831 wrote:
audrisampson wrote:

If I can drive to Owensboro, you can visit your old neighborhood lol!

It's like 5-1/2 hours or so for me. I have a recital the next day.
I can get a note from my wife, if you don't believe me. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Nah, Springfield is just too far away for us to do. It would be at least a seven hour drive. The money I would spend on gas for that trip could probably buy me a weekend pass for Gencon. And the date is just bad for us also. That's the weekend before Anime Central

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:45 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I'm just teasing, Illinois friends. I hope you all make a great showing in Owensboro, though!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

dvader831 wrote:
I'm just teasing, Illinois friends. I hope you all make a great showing in Owensboro, though!

We will do our best. Owensboro, Chicago and Kokomo looks like a full schedule for us!

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am considering going (not sure if I can drag any other Chicago guys with me). But if I am able to get everything planned is there anyone up for some Friday night gaming and if so where is that most likely to take place? I just wanna try and get as much gaming in as possible if I am gonna make the drive up there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

sthlrd2 wrote:
I am considering going (not sure if I can drag any other Chicago guys with me). But if I am able to get everything planned is there anyone up for some Friday night gaming and if so where is that most likely to take place? I just wanna try and get as much gaming in as possible if I am gonna make the drive up there.

You say "Drive up" like you're thinking of someplace OTHER than down here to Missouri, lol! If you are really thinking of coming, I'm sure we can arrange some Friday night gaming somewhere. Send me a PM or find me, Ray Becker, on Facebook and we'll discuss plans! It'd be awesome to have you and anyone else in tow!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I'm working on getting Reuben to come up from Texas for it. We shall see. He and I played for the first time in months last night. Thoughts: I am crazy rusty. Zannah has an amusing bag of tricks. That is all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This must be a really exclusive regional. Everyone keeps referring to a Facebook event that I haven't been invited too. Guys - if you don't want me to come just say so

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TimmerB123 wrote:
This must be a really exclusive regional. Everyone keeps referring to a Facebook event that I haven't been invited too. Guys - if you don't want me to come just say so

They are just scared of getting strafed to death. :D ;)

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

audrisampson wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

They are just scared of getting strafed to death. :D ;)

Last year Ben (AKA buttcabbge - the 2 time Missouri Regional champion) came to the Chicago Regional, and it was my Stealth N Blue (Mith'hrawn, Cad Bane and Arica) that beat him in the semi-finals, thank you very much! The whole Regional tournament was strafe free.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dvader831 wrote:
sthlrd2 wrote:

You say "Drive up" like you're thinking of someplace OTHER than down here to Missouri, lol! If you are really thinking of coming, I'm sure we can arrange some Friday night gaming somewhere. Send me a PM or find me, Ray Becker, on Facebook and we'll discuss plans! It'd be awesome to have you and anyone else in tow!

Jake is trying to work out details - as of now I am IN! I have a friend that lives in Kansas city that I will be visiting after the tournament for the next few days after, so it's a good excuse to kill 2 mynocks with one blaster bolt (I couldn't resist).

2 questions -

#1 - Is Friday night gaming happening? Nothing better than hanging out and getting more gaming action in.

#2 - If Friday night gaming is happening, does someone have a floor I can crash on? Since my friend lives in Kansas City, and that's like 2.5 hrs away, it's gonna be tough to stay up late gaming, go back there, then come back in the morning. I'll already have my sleeping bag with me - so I don't need anything fancy, just a fellow gamer willing to put up with me crashing somewhere in their abode for the (most likely very few) hours between late-night casual gaming and the tournament itself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:13 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the plan as it stands now is to drive DOWN with Tim on Friday. The plan for getting home is a different story, with him going to visit his friend leaves me stuck. Does anyone know of a bus or train station that I could get dropped of from and get home that way. If there is one close (like an amtrak station) that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:15 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

sthlrd2 wrote:
Well the plan as it stands now is to drive DOWN with Tim on Friday. The plan for getting home is a different story, with him going to visit his friend leaves me stuck. Does anyone know of a bus or train station that I could get dropped of from and get home that way. If there is one close (like an amtrak station) that would be awesome.

There is for sure a Greyhound station in nearby Springfield, so if you want to go that route, I could get you there. Also pretty sure there is an Amtrak Station (hold on, double checking), change that, sure there is a station in Kansas City, so if Tim were willing to take you there, then that would work out, too. I'm so thrilled you're coming, too, Jake!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Jake--Amtrak out of KC is definitely your friend (there is also Amtrak out of St. Louis that goes to Chicago, but it sounds like you have an easier way to get to KC). The KC to Chicago train leaves relatively early in the morning (like 7:30ish, I believe), but you go straight there with only 7 or 8 stops in small towns, and it drops you off in downtown Chicago at like 3:30 pm or so.

Tim--I don't know exactly what my Friday night plans are--might be getting drinks with old high school friends, might not--but I'll be staying with my parents in Springfield, and they have plenty of room if you guys need a place to stay. If Reuben ends up coming, the odds that my Friday plans will be gaming-oriented will increase substantially. I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

1 week to go!

Ray (and his wife) have graciously offered a place for me to crash Fri night. (Thanks Ray!)

So the only question now is where do we game? And what do we play?

Looks like Jake won't be able to make it. :(