SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Star Wars: The Old Republic
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=5061
Page 19 of 25

Author:  Azavander [ Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Got my invite today was pretty stoked, only had about an hour and had to que in for 15 of it but character is created and registered with the guild.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

Author:  thereisnotry [ Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

Huma (lvl 15 Jedi Knight Guardian)

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Just checked the guild online and offline and no one is listed beyond recruit. What's Trevor's character name?

Huma (lvl 15 Jedi Knight Guardian)



That character does not show at all...

My character is Cel...btw.

It's easier for 15 people to remember that name to whisper fo invite rather than the other way around

Author:  thedisaster [ Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

My wife surprised me and preordered the game last night. i put in the code to make sure i'd get my special crystal and maybe get to play early by a day or two...i got an email today that i can start my early access. Ill be on tonight for sure. So glad i have the 22nd thru the 2nd off from work (alot of late nights playing this game for sure.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.


Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.




Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

Author:  thereisnotry [ Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.


For Knights, it's really simple to craft. You should be at the point in the story where you get Kira as a guest, use her to complete everything else and avoid advancing the story while your astromech crafts. I'm up to 100 in all my skills. Once everything is complete then finish the story...I think you get her anyway. I've even ran the Esseles and the HAmmer with her...

Author:  thereisnotry [ Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Here's hoping Bioware introduces a dye system.

I was finally able to collect white robes and pants....but unfortunately I look more like a handmaiden than a Jedi (most of the items are even labeled Echani). I need to add some blue in there.

Also, if anyone runs into more white items or better robes...send them my way.

Is anyone doing synthweaving or did we all go Artifice....this is probably one area where we should have planned some. With virtually no economy right now it'd be nice to trade crystals and hilts for robes with Guildmates.

The devs have stated that they're re-designing the dye system, and that it will be here soon. They had it in the earlier versions of the game, but they weren't entirely happy with it, so they're changing it to make it right.

My character (Huma) is doing synthweaving (he's a Tank, so armor is his main thing). I haven't even looked at doing any crafting yet though; I'm too immersed in the story. But once I figure it out, I'll be happy to make whatever people need.


For Knights, it's really simple to craft. You should be at the point in the story where you get Kira as a guest, use her to complete everything else and avoid advancing the story while your astromech crafts. I'm up to 100 in all my skills. Once everything is complete then finish the story...I think you get her anyway. I've even ran the Esseles and the HAmmer with her...

Okay, that's good to know, but I don't even know on a basic level how crafting works. For example, I don't know how to get my skills to 100. I basically need a Crafting How-To Guide or something.

Author:  Ruhk [ Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

get raw materials from gathering, or the galactic trade market. use them to craft things. get new schematics by reverse engineering items.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

:D :D :D :D Kind of hard to tell if I am the highest level character in the guild, when Trevor's character isn't in the guild!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Author:  Ruhk [ Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Thought this might be useful for those getting to the skills stage:

Image

Author:  DarthJawa [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Ruhk wrote:
Thought this might be useful for those getting to the skills stage:

Image


that is awsome Ruhk did you make it yourself

Author:  DarthJawa [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

oh and Dashunt is me

Author:  Azavander [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

So my time is pretty limited to play, which is why I have only made it to level 9 so far, would it be best to go with slicing so I do not have to spend time crafting, or is the benfit out way the time?

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Azavander wrote:
So my time is pretty limited to play, which is why I have only made it to level 9 so far, would it be best to go with slicing so I do not have to spend time crafting, or is the benfit out way the time?



There is virtually no time to crafting, you send out your secondary companion while you an the other one go quest. While you only have one companion send him out while you are grouped in Flashpoints such as Esseles or HAmmer.

Author:  ender_ [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

so, I have made my finial decsion on my interaction with this game. I'll wait for a trial of some sort and play that and if I like it enough I may go with it depeding on money.

EDIT: oddly enough when i searched on google for info regarding a trial and it gave me some threads at the SWTOR forums, I got No Thread specified.

Author:  Sithborg [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Should've tried for the Beta weekend. That's what sold me on the game.

The question is, do I try to make it to Meijer to pick up the game at midnight?

Author:  Sithborg [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Just so I'm clear tonight, that I should have my Empire characters on Kaas City and the Republic characters on Jedi Covenant?

Author:  yodarulz [ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Forgot to mention I'm doing Synthweaving too.
Just wish I could get something useful from reverse engineering...

Page 19 of 25 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/