logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:37 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I only play 1-2 hours a day, some days I can not get on. And it's totally worth it to me. If you liked playing KOTOR, you will enjoy this game.

EDIT:

Anyone doing synthweaving or cybertech? I messed up on my skills and did not align the right ones so I have materials for those that I do not need. (I am suppose to doing armstech :P Hits his head as he refers back to chart a few pages back.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:53 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Azavander wrote:
I only play 1-2 hours a day, some days I can not get on. And it's totally worth it to me. If you liked playing KOTOR, you will enjoy this game.

EDIT:

Anyone doing synthweaving or cybertech? I messed up on my skills and did not align the right ones so I have materials for those that I do not need. (I am suppose to doing armstech :P Hits his head as he refers back to chart a few pages back.)

Send the synthweaving stuff to Ldia. Arcturu may be doing cybertech but dont quote me on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:00 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

@Brad and TINT what do you think is a good character to start with knowing my play style.

I might put the game on my computer today. Kind of bored and have the whole week off.

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:00 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm in synthweaving too, but right now I'm focusing primarily on Slicing, because it's expensive to level-up your crew skills. I'll drop Slicing later, when I've got enough money to fund whatever I need to fund (speeders, gear, crew skills, etc).

And yes, I'd 100% recommend this game; it's well worth the $15/month that you pay. As I look back on how much money I spent on SWM over 5 years, I spent way more than $15/month. And I bought 6 months at once, too...it's clearly worth it if you know you'll be playing that long.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:02 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

jonnyb815 wrote:
@Brad and TINT what do you think is a good character to start with knowing my play style.

I might put the game on my computer today. Kind of bored and have the whole week off.

I'm not sure what your play style is, as it comes to MMOs. Maybe a Smuggler? That would be my first suggestion for you, but that's just because the smuggler has a cool story and some fun gameplay mechanics. Ask Echo about that for a final opinion, though, since I think he's playing a smuggler.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

I'm not sure what your play style is, as it comes to MMOs. Maybe a Smuggler? That would be my first suggestion for you, but that's just because the smuggler has a cool story and some fun gameplay mechanics. Ask Echo about that for a final opinion, though, since I think he's playing a smuggler.

I think the trooper has the smallest learning curve, especially if you spec DPS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've been playing an Agent, who is a bit of a mirror to the smuggler. Definately plays similar due to the Cover mechanic. I've been enjoying it, but it takes a bit of practice to get used to. It takes a bit of planning before you head into a fight.

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
On a side note, Daniel and I figured out how to get into each other's stroy lines, which was amazing! He was even 14 levels lower and still helped me beat it, it was really cool.

So now I'm thinking I want a character to play that I will only play when the other person is online and vice versa. Two classes from the same starting planet and we team up the entire way basically doubling the xp on the fist planet and adding another 1/3 on every one after.

I'm not a fan of the Smuggler/IA but if anyone else is those two planets are doable.

I'll play any type of Force user, though of the "Knight" class I'd prefer to be Sith.

Sounds fun. Let me know if you want to do it. I've only worked on an Agent, Knight, and Inquisitor so far. I'd be willing to try a different spec on the Agent and Inquisitor.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:43 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Sithborg wrote:
I've been playing an Agent, who is a bit of a mirror to the smuggler. Definately plays similar due to the Cover mechanic. I've been enjoying it, but it takes a bit of practice to get used to. It takes a bit of planning before you head into a fight.

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
On a side note, Daniel and I figured out how to get into each other's stroy lines, which was amazing! He was even 14 levels lower and still helped me beat it, it was really cool.

So now I'm thinking I want a character to play that I will only play when the other person is online and vice versa. Two classes from the same starting planet and we team up the entire way basically doubling the xp on the fist planet and adding another 1/3 on every one after.

I'm not a fan of the Smuggler/IA but if anyone else is those two planets are doable.

I'll play any type of Force user, though of the "Knight" class I'd prefer to be Sith.

Sounds fun. Let me know if you want to do it. I've only worked on an Agent, Knight, and Inquisitor so far. I'd be willing to try a different spec on the Agent and Inquisitor.

I'm in. If we do DS I want to do it on another server due to legacy. Though I have no problem with my BH being a Steele, so I could use him to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am going to wait till after the holidays to load the game.

I plan on playing a smugger with slicing/cyber-tech

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Had a great flashpoint with a few of our guild members last night. Brad took point with his trooper and led myself and another member(i forget his name) thru the Esseles. Tons of fun and was great to game with guild members. I am looking forward to doing that more with other members of the guild.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:53 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thedisaster wrote:
Had a great flashpoint with a few of our guild members last night. Brad took point with his trooper and led myself and another member(i forget his name) thru the Esseles. Tons of fun and was great to game with guild members. I am looking forward to doing that more with other members of the guild.

It was Remal, but without my member notes on my guild screen, I am forgetting his screen name too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That Would be myself, it was great fun.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:04 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I happened to bump into 2 of our guildies on Tatooine yesterday...what are the chances of bumping into someone from your guild (who you've never met yet) in the middle of a dessert? :lol:

And the coolest part was that Ian crafted some lightsaber stuff for me too!

So anyway, I still can't find a way to get into our guild. Am I missing something obvious? I've tried to find Cel, but I guess we're never on at the same time...and I haven't been able to find Ruhk's character either. I'd love to tank some flashpoints with you guys (lvl 28 Guardian now). Jedi Covenant server, "Huma" is the character name.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:05 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
I happened to bump into 2 of our guildies on Tatooine yesterday...what are the chances of bumping into someone from your guild (who you've never met yet) in the middle of a dessert? :lol:

And the coolest part was that Ian crafted some lightsaber stuff for me too!

So anyway, I still can't find a way to get into our guild. Am I missing something obvious? I've tried to find Cel, but I guess we're never on at the same time...and I haven't been able to find Ruhk's character either. I'd love to tank some flashpoints with you guys (lvl 28 Guardian now). Jedi Covenant server, "Huma" is the character name.

Yeah, I was playing my alts a lot yesterday. Eric is never on. You just have to whisper. I'm not sure what you did, the only thing I can think of is that you selected to join before I did???

Otherwise I am always on, as well as Garreth, and he knows all of my whisperable alts (cant whisper faction-faction).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:09 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

any plans to get Vent or using something semiliar?

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

ender_ wrote:
any plans to get Vent or using something semiliar?

No ones really requested it. Most of us have each other on Skype and that's been the only one mnetioned by those talking about it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I am playing right now but have no one to play with. i see that you play on jedi convenat but which side? if you guys are sith i would love to go bh but if republic i will go sentinel or gunslinger

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:04 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

StriderRe80 wrote:
I am playing right now but have no one to play with. i see that you play on jedi convenat but which side? if you guys are sith i would love to go bh but if republic i will go sentinel or gunslinger

Lightside for now. I have some Sith characters but the guild is lightside. We will do a darkside guild soon, but as to which server???

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:12 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

By the way, I have my Artifice to 400 along with its gathering skills. Ian isn't too far behind. IF it's not a big deal, I'd prefer others branch out into something else :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I know I'm only on Balmorra with my Agent, but the story is really getting fun now. The Dromund Kaas stuff for the Agent wasn't great (I think all the Revanite/Dark Temple stuff fits a lot more easily into a Force user's story).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next