logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Sithborg wrote:
Just so I'm clear tonight, that I should have my Empire characters on Kaas City and the Republic characters on Jedi Covenant?

I've created all my "main" characters on Jedi Covenant...light and dark. I'm only leveling my Jedi Knight thus far

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Just so I'm clear tonight, that I should have my Empire characters on Kaas City and the Republic characters on Jedi Covenant?

I've created all my "main" characters on Jedi Covenant...light and dark. I'm only leveling my Jedi Knight thus far

Yeah, go ahead and have both Republic and Empire characters on Jedi Covenant, if you want; by my suggestion I wasn't trying to push people away from that option. But there is a max of 8 characters per server, so if you want to play all 8 Advanced Classes for both factions (as I certainly do), then you'll have to use at least 2 servers.

So if you want to play all 16 ACs (8 for each faction), and if you want to have one faction per server, then yes, I suggest using Empire on Kaas City and Republic on Jedi Covenant. My only reason for suggesting Kaas City was to at least give a start to those who want to play all 16 ACs.

I haven't done a single thing with any of my characters other than my main (lvl 17 Jedi Guardian), so there is no guild started yet on Kaas City...but there will be.... :emperor:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:07 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Yeah, go ahead and have both Republic and Empire characters on Jedi Covenant, if you want; by my suggestion I wasn't trying to push people away from that option. But there is a max of 8 characters per server, so if you want to play all 8 Advanced Classes for both factions (as I certainly do), then you'll have to use at least 2 servers.

So if you want to play all 16 ACs (8 for each faction), and if you want to have one faction per server, then yes, I suggest using Empire on Kaas City and Republic on Jedi Covenant. My only reason for suggesting Kaas City was to at least give a start to those who want to play all 16 ACs.

I haven't done a single thing with any of my characters other than my main (lvl 17 Jedi Guardian), so there is no guild started yet on Kaas City...but there will be.... :emperor:

If the guilds are on two different servers we can't warzone together...from the looks of it though, it still wont be possible anyway.

Your character still isn't in the guild.... I randomly type in /ginvite Huma every once in a while but it says you're never on....

If we switch servers for DS I would suggest a newer server than Kaas City tho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yeah, I'm not too worried about playing ALL the Advance Classes yet, since it looks like I'm kind of switching to the mirrors for the different factions. And really, I don't see myself keeping more than 4 characters as main, end content characters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:49 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

i've got my darkside on Rubat Crystal and my LS on JEdi Covenant. Rubat is an rp realm that my best friend started on so that's why i chose it. We have a guild there too. But as to covenant i think i will try to get at least 1 of every adv. class. that sound like it could be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Related to crafting (to go along with the chart that Ruhk posted), here is a very helpful link that I'll share with you guys (from the SWTOR site). It has a downloadable Excel file which contains everything you need to know for crafting.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5432

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I got to play a bit today. Pretty much restarted my Agent, and reserved names for my Knight, Inquisitor, and Warrior.

Time to brave the queue again...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Waiting inside Hammer for my Guildmates....I get disconnected. 10 m wait que isn't bad, but no way to let them know

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Yo! I got the game and made a Jedi Consular on the Jedi Covenant server.

I hate to suggest this, but the population for that server is rated to be very heavy. Maybe we could reallocate to a less populated server. I know that would cause everyone to restart characters but the game would flow much better..

Either way, my character's name is Garreth. He's a level 6 Miraluka Consular. I plan on specializing in Sage when the time comes to be the walking trauma center.

I must say that I really am liking the Consular. He may not do a lot of damage, but he can handle crowds quite nicely. When I was level 4, I got jumped by 4 level 7 flesh raiders and took them all out. Granted I leveled in the middle of the fight which healed me, but it was an awesome brawl that occurred. The Force lift, Projection and other telekinetic powers available to the Consular are fun to play around with.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Jester007 wrote:
Yo! I got the game and made a Jedi Consular on the Jedi Covenant server.

I hate to suggest this, but the population for that server is rated to be very heavy. Maybe we could reallocate to a less populated server. I know that would cause everyone to restart characters but the game would flow much better..

Either way, my character's name is Garreth. He's a level 6 Miraluka Consular. I plan on specializing in Sage when the time comes to be the walking trauma center.

I must say that I really am liking the Consular. He may not do a lot of damage, but he can handle crowds quite nicely. When I was level 4, I got jumped by 4 level 7 flesh raiders and took them all out. Granted I leveled in the middle of the fight which healed me, but it was an awesome brawl that occurred. The Force lift, Projection and other telekinetic powers available to the Consular are fun to play around with.

Sincerely,
Jester007

It's a flub on Bioware's part. We'll just ahve to sit back and wait for free transfers. Otherwise it'll cost us like 10k credits to start a guild and the impossiblities of communicating in game untill then...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

You guys are all just going to have to whisper "Cel" or "P'ruhk" when you are on. I am tired of trying various guild invites and the player not being on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I admit, I didn't get on at the very peak times, but the queues weren't that bad. Finally got my AC for my Agent (sniper). I will see how I feel tomorrow, continuing on my Sniper or working on a Republic character. Anyway, my 4 characters so far are:

Agent/Sniper: Ares'cot'thra (bonus points if you can see what I did there)
JK: L'eto
Inquisitor: Shai'taan
Warrior: A'polyon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

well looks like TOR isn't immune to launch day issues

http://gamerant.com/old-republic-registration-code-errors-star-wars-row-122445/

It seems like every game these days appears to have some sort of issue on launch day lol...

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

ender_ wrote:

It seems like every game these days appears to have some sort of issue on launch day lol...

I really have to disagree with the queues part of it, I've been on the oldest server to date for 7 days now and longest queue time I've had is 10 minutes. As far as bad registration codes....can't comment, I know the number I punched in for my security key didn't give me access to the security vendor, but I am more likely to attribute things like that to user error first.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

ender_ wrote:

I really have to disagree with the queues part of it, I've been on the oldest server to date for 7 days now and longest queue time I've had is 10 minutes. As far as bad registration codes....can't comment, I know the number I punched in for my security key didn't give me access to the security vendor, but I am more likely to attribute things like that to user error first.

here's an article from yesterday that gives more info on the long wait times http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/20/stephen-reid-addresses-swtor-server-load-issues/

and a level 1-10 review http://www.newsarama.com/games/impressions-star-wars-old-republic-10-levels-111220.html

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've had a 20+ minute queue twice now. Not too big of a deal, but I know other servers have it much worse (I've seen the "<1 hour" wait time a few times). That's a pretty standard issue with MMO launches, though, especially ones that are this big. It will sort itself out eventually.

As for the product codes, that's definitely a problem, but doesn't really reflect on the game. That's an issue that is A) EA's problem, since they're the publisher, not Bioware's, and B) doesn't effect gameplay in any way. It doesn't bother me too much, since I got my code via Origin with a digital copy. We'll see how EA plans to handle it, though; more than anything it will reflect on their customer support, which can be a big deal in an MMO.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Given the size of preorder base, there was no way to avoid the queues. Based on what people were saying during the early access, I'm surprised the about how low my waits have been.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I don't know what the problems are with registration codes, but mine was working to the point that I even had my CE items...today it says there is no active subscription and I am on a wait page when I try to go to my account.

This is a little disappointing. Things like this should be expected during launch...but not a rollback or loss of account....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

mine also says no subscription, but I have not gotten my CE yet. So I may not be able to play until beginning of Jan.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:47 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
mine also says no subscription, but I have not gotten my CE yet. So I may not be able to play until beginning of Jan.

Probably not. My frustration stems from having done all that is necessary but still stuck in the subscription que because they think I need a subscription I already gave them... The few times I've seen the screen it even has my cc info...!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next