logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
12, but I don't believe Trevor's friends have joined yet either (the entire reason we changed the guild name)

Gee, bitter much? You said yourself that you were thinking of changing the name anyway, and I would've let the matter drop if you weren't thinking of changing it.

I've emailed them about signing up, but no response yet. Maybe they're just not pre-ordering. They did all seem pretty excited about the game, but I know they were also pretty jazzed about Skyrim, which has recently been released. They probably haven't gotten off the couch since then, and don't know what day it is. :D They'll get around to TOR when they return to planet earth again. :lol:

Sorry didn't mean for that to come off bitter...If I was bitter about anything it would be the "Let's start a SWMgamers guild but not join or discuss it any further people."

I figure people will get around to it eventually, and I do have two names on there I don't recognize. It's just hard to sell a guild to the less casual player when it has 15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:
12, but I don't believe Trevor's friends have joined yet either (the entire reason we changed the guild name)

Gee, bitter much? You said yourself that you were thinking of changing the name anyway, and I would've let the matter drop if you weren't thinking of changing it.

I've emailed them about signing up, but no response yet. Maybe they're just not pre-ordering. They did all seem pretty excited about the game, but I know they were also pretty jazzed about Skyrim, which has recently been released. They probably haven't gotten off the couch since then, and don't know what day it is. :D They'll get around to TOR when they return to planet earth again. :lol:

Sorry didn't mean for that to come off bitter...If I was bitter about anything it would be the "Let's start a SWMgamers guild but not join or discuss it any further people."

I figure people will get around to it eventually, and I do have two names on there I don't recognize. It's just hard to sell a guild to the less casual player when it has 15

Ok, I gotcha. Can you tell us which names they are? Maybe we might recognize them and save you the trouble of trying to figure out who they are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

And on a broader topic, I've been thinking that maybe I'll consider going the Tanking route (Jedi Knight Guardian) with my first/main character. If it turns out that we end up doing lots of grouping in-game as a guild, then I think it could be more beneficial for me to play one of the less-common roles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Ok, I gotcha. Can you tell us which names they are? Maybe we might recognize them and save you the trouble of trying to figure out who they are.

I did...3 posts up :D. Unicronus and Mctanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
And on a broader topic, I've been thinking that maybe I'll consider going the Tanking route (Jedi Knight Guardian) with my first/main character. If it turns out that we end up doing lots of grouping in-game as a guild, then I think it could be more beneficial for me to play one of the less-common roles.

I've been reading where Sentinel DPS sucks anyway. Still, play what you want...from what I saw during beta, it shouldn't matter too much in the beginning levels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

nothing is wrong with sentinel or marauder dps. it also depends on what spec they are too. One of them is a little reliant on dot and/or bleed damage, but otherwise they really truck stuff down.

also, do keep in mind that just because you go guardian Trevor doesn't mean you must be a tank. it is just a nice option.

I have been all over powertech Bounty Hunter myself, but after the last 2 builds, I think I am going to be a Sorcerer. Being a caster is a nice change up from playing melee classes. Who cares if everyone else is an inquisitor too.. lol. I want to enjoy myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Has anyone received their Guild email yet. We were supposed to get one detailing our server and how we check in etc. Only been three days since lockdown, but it read like we all get it and not just me. Was curious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

"We aint found $#!7." --A random Spaceball, in Mel Brooks' Spaceballs

In other words, I haven't received such an email yet. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 am 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

I tend to play healz in pve stuff so tint and I cant suport for some fun instances. Cant wait. Oh and if we do a sith guild too I will help do some pvp stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:34 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

i think my main will be a SMuggler, but i havnt decided what tree yet. My secondary may be a consualr though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:01 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

sigh, my early access is from the 13th - 19th.. I have exams that whole time!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The 13th? That's GREAT! I think that's the first day.

I haven't received an email yet...but I'm gonna be checking my email multiple times per minute. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

actually all the early game access is from the 13th to the 19th, but when you can start yours is based on when you Redeemed your preorder code.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Do you know when we'll get an email telling us when we can start our early access time?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Do you know when we'll get an email telling us when we can start our early access time?

The 13th....yes, the day EGA actually starts is when you'll get the email....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:

Great....
Hey, did you hear that there's no grace period? That is, if you don't have your physical copy of the game yet by Dec 20, then you cannot play until it arrives. In the case of a person like me (who preordered via Amazon), that means I can play for early access, but then I have to wait for my box to show up in the mail after Dec 20. Bioware is losing massive points in the customer relations area right now...people on the forums (swtor.com) are fuming mad. It's just a game, but it's also really bad consumer relations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Great....
Hey, did you hear that there's no grace period? That is, if you don't have your physical copy of the game yet by Dec 20, then you cannot play until it arrives. In the case of a person like me (who preordered via Amazon), that means I can play for early access, but then I have to wait for my box to show up in the mail after Dec 20. Bioware is losing massive points in the customer relations area right now...people on the forums (swtor.com) are fuming mad. It's just a game, but it's also really bad consumer relations.

I think it only affects Amazon, from what I've read online. I ordered mine from Best Buy online but I get store pickup on the 20th...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:55 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Great....

I think it only affects Amazon, from what I've read online. I ordered mine from Best Buy online but I get store pickup on the 20th...

It affects all mail orders. If you ordered from Best Buy, for example, and weren't going to pick it up in store on the 20th, but instead were having it mailed to you, you wouldn't be allowed to play from the end of the early access until you got the actual package.

They're working with retailers (mentioning Amazon specifically) to get it shipped early enough that people should receive it on the 20th, but who knows if that will actually happen.

I pre-ordered my copy via Origin because I almost always prefer digital copies, so I'll be able to play as soon as the servers come back up after the early access period. :)

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Echo wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Great....

It affects all mail orders. If you ordered from Best Buy, for example, and weren't going to pick it up in store on the 20th, but instead were having it mailed to you, you wouldn't be allowed to play from the end of the early access until you got the actual package.

They're working with retailers (mentioning Amazon specifically) to get it shipped early enough that people should receive it on the 20th, but who knows if that will actually happen.

I pre-ordered my copy via Origin because I almost always prefer digital copies, so I'll be able to play as soon as the servers come back up after the early access period. :)

Oh, the way I had read it was that they had fixed it with all save Amazon...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:31 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Bioware has little control over how mail orders get handled. I'm not sure anyone has the right to be mad at Bioware if they get their game in the mail at date later than launch. It comes with the territory of choosing to buy from an online retailer which requires mailing an item. Sometimes stuff shows up on time, sometimes it doesn't, it all depends on the retailers inner workings.

It's like getting mad that a bird made a mess of your car.... don't park outside.. or use a tarp lol. there are options.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next