logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

We were informed that the last beta build we played was 2 months behind the in house build. Not unexpected, but it is the first confirmation of how far behind one of our builds was to the actual game. The next build will still be behind, but is one step closer to the game. Here's hoping to see some of those "cosmetic racials" they had mentioned. Since they were announced, I have become interested in what little tricks they will throw our way.

Spoiler: show
Inquisitor Stealth, as the Assassin. the blue bubble is a buff from the Juggernaut tank. the monster is Khem Val, the companion.

Hmmm, maybe I will post a video next time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:00 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Let's get those guild applications in...this ensures we are all on the same server...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:12 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

hmmm, and tomorrow I will post up something interesting. I just want my source to be updated first.

Speeder Controls. Irrelevant, but I thought it was kinda cool they bothered to detail it. The location is the Vaiken Spacedock. A rather important place in game.

;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

REview of the REviews

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:32 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I pre-order a copy, but had to eBay it, since the GameStop was all out of collector's editions, so I don't have an early access code. I don't know if I'm already in the guild or not.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Pre-ordering on ebay. Best of luck this time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Looks like TinT and I will just have to coordinate what server to get on during early access, the rest of you can find us later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, I've just managed to pull 3 of my friends into TOR...they're pumped! Two of them used to play WoW, with several max-level characters and they were very good players too. They were just-for-fun kind of players, not the nerd-rage kind of players.

They want to start as lightsiders, and they'd love to be part of our guild (Eric Frost and I played SWM with them a while ago)...but they're not big on our guild's name. Can we change it, and/or update it to something a little more...cool and StarWarsy? :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:30 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Yeah, I've just managed to pull 3 of my friends into TOR...they're pumped! Two of them used to play WoW, with several max-level characters and they were very good players too. They were just-for-fun kind of players, not the nerd-rage kind of players.

They want to start as lightsiders, and they'd love to be part of our guild (Eric Frost and I played SWM with them a while ago)...but they're not big on our guild's name. Can we change it, and/or update it to something a little more...cool and StarWarsy? :)

Yeah, I'm pretty much to the point that if the guys here aren't going to play on it then I want it named something else so that it can be more inclusive. I'm not sure if I can change it or if we have to start a new one and, if that, can we start a new one now or have to wait till launch now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:34 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I can indeed start a new Guild, though if only you and I have the preorder code it does us little good.

Name?

I almost always name my guilds "Celestial Knights" which seems to always have a nice cross genre fit to it...

I did SWMGamers because everyone said they wanted one and would play and I felt it would be the best identifier. Now it is simply too restrictive with it ending up being such a small guild.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:13 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

My friends and I all chose not to do their program, because we had a feeling there might be speed bumps, but honestly... the one major reason... We wanted to personally pick our server and not get jammed in somewhere. We want a server that has a cool name haha.

also check this link out. http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php?date=40846

SWTOR is at just over 750,000 domestic preorders, these numbers do not include collectors editions. But given these numbers and easily justified speculation there is roughly 2 million preorders for the game when you include Europe. This will be the largest launch ever for an MMO.

Oh and another thing. A new build came out in the testing program. Most all of those little UI nit picks and then various other complaints have been addressed. It still has bugs and the usual known issues, but right now It's looking a whole lot better visually.

edit: the racials are in this build... nothing special.. trust me.. only one of them is good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

My favorite picture so far haha

;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

The guild is one preorder away from the required 4. I can see this now as it has moved to that phase. However, I have no idea if it's trapped slider Joe BEcker or Lord Raizeem, as they should be included on the conversation ....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

No, if you're the guild leader then I would say that you can rename the guild as you see fit. Select the new name, and then ask for input (rather than asking for input and then having to choose between 23 suggestions, with someone feeling snubbed).

Personally, I think "Celestial Knights" or "Celestial Warriors" is pretty cool. Either one fits well for a LS guild, and it works well for the sci-fi genre too.
Or how about "Tint"? j/k :lol: hehehe

I've just emailed the 3 buddies that I mentioned (2 of which play SWM) and suggested that they pre-order and sign onto our guild right away. I'll keep you updated via this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
No, if you're the guild leader then I would say that you can rename the guild as you see fit. Select the new name, and then ask for input (rather than asking for input and then having to choose between 23 suggestions, with someone feeling snubbed).

Personally, I think "Celestial Knights" or "Celestial Warriors" is pretty cool. Either one fits well for a LS guild, and it works well for the sci-fi genre too.
Or how about "Tint"? j/k :lol: hehehe

I've just emailed the 3 buddies that I mentioned (2 of which play SWM) and suggested that they pre-order and sign onto our guild right away. I'll keep you updated via this thread.

Ok, just to note, I will have to recreate the guild, meaning you will need to reapply. LEt's make sure we have the name right first then. Celestial Knights it is then.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Celestial Knights...is that too similar to the Jedi Knight character class? I like it myself, but I'm just wondering aloud.

What about Celestial Sentinels or Celestial Guardians? Both of those are suggestions I've just received from one of my buddies. Celestial Justicars (or something to do with justice)?

Another guy suggested Blades of Justice, or Sithbane (maybe Sith Hunters?).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Celestial Knights...is that too similar to the Jedi Knight character class? I like it myself, but I'm just wondering aloud.

What about Celestial Sentinels or Celestial Guardians? Both of those are suggestions I've just received from one of my buddies. Celestial Justicars (or something to do with justice)?

Another guy suggested Blades of Justice, or Sithbane (maybe Sith Hunters?).

Doesn't work anyway. Says invalid name though there are guilds with "Knights" and "Celestial" in it. I tried a random name and got on, but I noticed that it didnt show my pre reg...that may be a temporary problem though.

Knights, Sentinels and Guardians all reference the Jedi anyway.

I'll keep plugging stuff in and see what the problem is

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:42 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Query sent to Customer Service. In the meantime, more name suggestions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
The guild is one preorder away from the required 4. I can see this now as it has moved to that phase. However, I have no idea if it's trapped slider Joe BEcker or Lord Raizeem, as they should be included on the conversation ....

Im working my wife over to get the game preordered and "surprise" me on xmas with it...we'll see if that works. oh... just in case you didnt know, I'm Joe Becker.

As far as a new name goes....Champions of the Force , Champions of the Light, Warriors of the Light, Republic Special Forces, Light Commandos, Order of the Celestial Warriors, Gaurdians of Celestial Order.....i could keep going if you would like.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:00 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

I'm still not sold on getting this game and paying it's subscription fee on top of the fact that i'm still enjoying WoW

Some of the cons that are listed in the review of reviews are issues with me,and like i said i'm still enjoying WoW.

So go ahead and choose a better and more opening name for the guild,jsdut keep me updated so if i do get the game,i'll know where to look for it.

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next