logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I had ordered through amazon also so i went and looked at expected delivery date and it was jan 9th i was like wtf. So when i went ti my shipping options there was all the normal free two day overnight and a new category release day shipping when i checked the cost it was .99 for a buck i was like ok... and my delivery date is now the 20th

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Dimetrodon wrote:
Bioware has little control over how mail orders get handled. I'm not sure anyone has the right to be mad at Bioware if they get their game in the mail at date later than launch. It comes with the territory of choosing to buy from an online retailer which requires mailing an item. Sometimes stuff shows up on time, sometimes it doesn't, it all depends on the retailers inner workings.

It's like getting mad that a bird made a mess of your car.... don't park outside.. or use a tarp lol. there are options.

Perhaps that's true (I've never researched how those things work), but the reason so many people ordered online was because BW originally promised that there would be a grace period for people who ordered online. Now they've removed that grace period, which means that some people will be denied access to the game for a few days, when they were originally told they'd have no interruption in game access. Again, it's just a game...but it's also bad customer relations to promise one thing and then deny it later.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Guild placement notifications will be sent out on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

thereisnotry wrote:
Dimetrodon wrote:
Bioware has little control over how mail orders get handled. I'm not sure anyone has the right to be mad at Bioware if they get their game in the mail at date later than launch. It comes with the territory of choosing to buy from an online retailer which requires mailing an item. Sometimes stuff shows up on time, sometimes it doesn't, it all depends on the retailers inner workings.

It's like getting mad that a bird made a mess of your car.... don't park outside.. or use a tarp lol. there are options.

Perhaps that's true (I've never researched how those things work), but the reason so many people ordered online was because BW originally promised that there would be a grace period for people who ordered online. Now they've removed that grace period, which means that some people will be denied access to the game for a few days, when they were originally told they'd have no interruption in game access. Again, it's just a game...but it's also bad customer relations to promise one thing and then deny it later.

I don't recall there ever being a grace period at one point, but that pretty bad on their part if thats how it is. I wonder how complex it would be to sort through pre-order codes, and have separated the orders based on origination of the stores. perhaps it was too hard and they scrapped it haha. Certainly possible... :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Dimetrodon wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Dimetrodon wrote:

I don't recall there ever being a grace period at one point, but that pretty bad on their part if thats how it is. I wonder how complex it would be to sort through pre-order codes, and have separated the orders based on origination of the stores. perhaps it was too hard and they scrapped it haha. Certainly possible... :?

There was a grace period per Stephen Reid's Twitter account. Not a big deal for me, I went through Best Buy and have in store pickup on the 20th. I absolutely agree though that it is very poor customer service, especially given shipping over the holidays AND the problems with the Post Office finances...though how many are actually using it for their shipping of this, the first reason is still good enough

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:11 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

The email I got, said to download the client as soon as possible. so if you got early access, there is no wait.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Ruhk wrote:
The email I got, said to download the client as soon as possible. so if you got early access, there is no wait.

Yep, I'm primed, pumped, and ready to go! They said we'll get an email on the day that we can start playing. So check your inboxes starting on Tuesday Dec 13!!! Lots of sleep and woot coming up!

EDIT: Well, actually, there won't be much sleep...but there'll be lots of woot! 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Ruhk wrote:

Yep, I'm primed, pumped, and ready to go! They said we'll get an email on the day that we can start playing. So check your inboxes starting on Tuesday Dec 13!!! Lots of sleep and woot coming up!

EDIT: Well, actually, there won't be much sleep...but there'll be lots of woot! 8-)

Hmmm....this got me thinking...

I'll most likely start earlier than any of you, but especially with Trevor in mind, I was thinking I shouldn't start playing until he did, as we are both Jedi. Then I realized, as I started this, that's silly. I can just play on eof my alts for a while....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm pretty sure I redeemed my code on July 23, which means I'll likely begin my early access on Tues or maybe Weds next week. How about we PM each other when we start, so that we can coordinate and group for the first few levels (at least)? I'll likely have an alt too (probly a trooper), so I'm happy to wait for you if I get on first.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:17 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I will eventually catch up...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Celestial Warriors
Assigned to Server Jedi Covenant

Thank you for your participation in the Pre-Launch Guild Program. At this time, guilds can no longer be created or modified on the website.

If your guild qualified for deployment, it has already been imported into the game. Server assignments can be found by visiting your guild's homepage. If your guild did not meet the deployment requirements, your guild was not imported into the game. Guilds can be created in-game at the Imperial and Republic fleets.

All web support for guilds will be removed by 01.03.12, and we encourage you to save any important data you wish to keep before that time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Azavander wrote:
Celestial Warriors
Assigned to Server Jedi Covenant

Thank you for your participation in the Pre-Launch Guild Program. At this time, guilds can no longer be created or modified on the website.

If your guild qualified for deployment, it has already been imported into the game. Server assignments can be found by visiting your guild's homepage. If your guild did not meet the deployment requirements, your guild was not imported into the game. Guilds can be created in-game at the Imperial and Republic fleets.

All web support for guilds will be removed by 01.03.12, and we encourage you to save any important data you wish to keep before that time.

Bah...only a single auto-invite....that means I have to have all my alts invited by someone else....that could get annoying...

Also means that we have to make sure that our mains are the ones that join so I can assign priviledges based on that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

i wont get to play till around Feb./March Just too busy around this time and its not worth losing my job over playing a game. Plus I still need to build a pc for this unless..........

I have a question would Boot camp or virtual pc run this game if the specs are top of the line on a Mac.

one month old
Windows 7
Mac Pro 8 Core with ATI Radeon HD 5770

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

SOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!!

Just had to get that out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

@jonny, why not partition your HD or use a boot manager to just throw windows direct on the hardware?

So, our guild chars will be on that server, any thought of where your alts will be? at this point, I see reasons for having them on and off the same server.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
@jonny, why not partition your HD or use a boot manager to just throw windows direct on the hardware?

So, our guild chars will be on that server, any thought of where your alts will be? at this point, I see reasons for having them on and off the same server.

I'm pretty much leaving mine on the same server.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:17 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, I was planning to have all my LS characters on the same server, as it makes for easier grouping with my fellow guildies.

Just curious: what would be the benefits to having alts of the same faction on separate servers?

Oh by the way, if for some reason anyone needs to know, our server is called "Jedi Covenant" (PvE) and our guild is Celestial Warriors (Republic).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

my brother pre ordered it for me so maybe ill play earlier than Feb.

@eric yeah since its a tower I could just add another HD and use boot camp or other software to put Windows on that side. That should fix it bugging out when I boot into Lion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Ok, I'm in!

FYI, you can only have 1 character automatically entered into our party's guild right from the start...you get a notification and invitation every time you make a character until you accept the invitation. The rest of your characters will need a specific invite during the game. Brad is the Celestial Warriors Guild Leader, so I'll let him organize things (and perhaps a Guild thread here on the SWMGamers forums?) as he chooses.

Also, if any of you are interested in forming a SWMGamers DARKSIDE guild, I hereby invite you to join the Kaas City server (PvE), where I've already got a few sith characters started. We can form the guild as soon as some of us get to Drommund Kaas.

And in case you're curious, you cannot use the name, Revan for one of your characters. Bummer, I was getting my hopes up.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
Ok, I'm in! :

Hmmm...nothing yet for me. Maybe I should just sign on and see.

thereisnotry wrote:
FYI, you can only have 1 character automatically entered into our party's guild right from the start...you get a notification and invitation every time you make a character until you accept the invitation. The rest of your characters will need a specific invite during the game. Brad is the Celestial Warriors Guild Leader, so I'll let him organize things (and perhaps a Guild thread here on the SWMGamers forums?) as he chooses.:

Lol, sometimes I wonder if you read my posts. ;) See three or four up. I mentioned the silliness of the invitation thing.

As for invites, you are the only other officer in the guild currently, per the SWTOR website, so you should have priviledges???

thereisnotry wrote:
Also, if any of you are interested in forming a SWMGamers DARKSIDE guild, I hereby invite you to join the Kaas City server (PvE), where I've already got a few sith characters started. We can form the guild as soon as some of us get to Drommund Kaas.

How many characters per server? I tend to keep all mine on the same one. This would eliminate any guild rivalry too sadly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next