logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Exodus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:28 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

So, since so few people were showing up two of our most active players (which makes about half of us :D) left. Dale and Trevor went to Force Recon...and I can't blame them.

Problem is, now I'm stuck, the three of us were definately the ones that played the most + some random guy that joined the guild.

Force Recon is a good guild, but I haven't been with them from the get go, because I thought we were going to have something with the site. I'd have a hard time going over to them now, as I generally like to get in guilds as they start so that I'm not just another number...

For now, Dale and Eric have left their alts in the guild....sure would like to see more life come to it.

Post subject: Re: Exodus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I didn't go to Force Recon...I'm still in CW. In fact, I have a number of new recruits; these are the guys I spoke about earlier:

K'ara (jedi sage healer or dps, very experienced and skilled...always at/near the top of DPS in warzones)...the player's name is Jason
Renley (smuggler gunslinger)...the player's name is Philip

We've been doing lots of PvP Warzones recently and we've been finding good results , thanks to some good coaching from Jason.

Huma (my lvl 50 guardian) is currently at 15k hp, and I think he'll be ready for some hardmodes at some point soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I will be playing more with Rekan after tomorrow, and I should be playing my Republic alts more. I have been splitting my time between my various alts and trying to see if the Imperial guild that we set up is needed. If people show no interest in it I will start playing more Republic characters then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
I didn't go to Force Recon...I'm still in CW. In fact, I have a number of new recruits; these are the guys I spoke about earlier:

K'ara (jedi sage healer or dps, very experienced and skilled...always at/near the top of DPS in warzones)...the player's name is Jason
Renley (smuggler gunslinger)...the player's name is Philip

We've been doing lots of PvP Warzones recently and we've been finding good results , thanks to some good coaching from Jason.

Huma (my lvl 50 guardian) is currently at 15k hp, and I think he'll be ready for some hardmodes at some point soon.

I play all the time...have them Whisper Cel, Dagavin or Valorus in that order.

15k still isnt quite there for a tank, but we'll be able to manage some of the easier ones...problem is; we've lost our only guild healer...since Ian isn't playing anymore either. My healer isn't being played much right now and is at 25.

Sounds like we're in business :D.

Wonder where Daniel is?

This makes me feel tons better, and way less conflicted.

Trevor, you'll be the new officer and Dracon be promoted to LT. to fill the gaps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:12 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That will work great. One of the guy I go to school with may start playing more as well and I already have him in the guild. I only get to play on Tuesday and Thursday night and on Saturdays for now. I should get to play more in a about a month.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:46 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I'll still be on whenever, and happy to run HM FPs with you guys as need, just add P'ruhk to your friends list.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Wonder where Daniel is?

I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, and when I do I tend to play my Sith Assassin more than my Smuggler now. I'd totally be willing to attempt some hardmodes if you guys want to schedule a time. If a time is set beforehand that I know about it would be a whole lot easier for me to be there because I can actually schedule it.

I dunno if my gear would really stack up well to it, though; I've basically just got a bunch of questing gear, as well as the purple Barrel and Armoring stuff that you get from Daily Commendations in all my orange gear. Should I do something to gear up more, or are hardmodes the next logical step? I practically never PvP (it's never been a huge draw for me in MMOs), but I'd be willing to do it some if there are some pieces of gear that I have to get from that.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Echo wrote:
Wonder where Daniel is?

I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, and when I do I tend to play my Sith Assassin more than my Smuggler now. I'd totally be willing to attempt some hardmodes if you guys want to schedule a time. If a time is set beforehand that I know about it would be a whole lot easier for me to be there because I can actually schedule it.

I dunno if my gear would really stack up well to it, though; I've basically just got a bunch of questing gear, as well as the purple Barrel and Armoring stuff that you get from Daily Commendations in all my orange gear. Should I do something to gear up more, or are hardmodes the next logical step? I practically never PvP (it's never been a huge draw for me in MMOs), but I'd be willing to do it some if there are some pieces of gear that I have to get from that.

I was in your position with Cel v1, and I thought it was due to gear...turns out Cel just sucked. Redoing him has been much better, and my normal pattern is to do enough pvp levels 10-49 that I get 6 bags at level 50 ( I buy one, then have 1000/1000 comms sitting in my account). The 1 or 2 pieces of pvp gear you get from that provided enough boost for Dagavin to successfully gear up in HM. Cel v2 will be the same.

IOW, you should be fine...when we first started doing HM (immediately upon 50) we didn;t know enough about the game and thought Esseles was the way to go.

Our Guild HM's are currently set for Saturday-only (with pickups here and there) at 9CST. We are however hurt by the loss of Eric's character as it was our last healer at 50. For the time being, I can run Dagavin in our "low-gear" hard modes to help out the dps crunch and run Cel through in pick up groups.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Our Guild HM's are currently set for Saturday-only (with pickups here and there) at 9CST. We are however hurt by the loss of Eric's character as it was our last healer at 50. For the time being, I can run Dagavin in our "low-gear" hard modes to help out the dps crunch and run Cel through in pick up groups.

Well, my Smuggler is a healer, and I can probably do Saturday nights although they aren't the best for me. This week I won't be able to of course because I'm going to the Owensboro regional, but I'll try to be on after that.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I should be able to help with some of the easier HM till I get some better gear. I still have to finish the story line for Rekan though so that will be my first priority.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Did we lose Trevor now too?

Just saw we were down to 25, and Huma was one of the noticeable absences...

At least have the courtesy to send an in-game mail or something. Nothing's more disappointing that finding out people left rather than being told.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You're talking and complaining about him me in the third person? Nice.

I haven't played TOR in 2 days, and I've been really busy since then. I was planning to send you a PM, but I wasn't thinking about TOR and it slipped my mind, so I apologize.

It turns out FR is a very active guild that does FP/HM/Bosses just about every night. I came in as just another member, but that's fine with me; that's what I was here in CW too, for the longest time. But really, I just don't understand the dynamics of guilds and why it's so important to be one of the "somebody"s in an organization like this. Who knows? Maybe I'll be important in that guild some day too, or maybe not. Either way, I'm just enjoying the game and all 6 of my characters. :)

Anyway, Eric and I had a good time doing Corellia dailies together the other day. I really enjoy the new Black Hole quests. I'd be happy to quest with any of you whenever you'd like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:34 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Lol, sorry it was two separate thoughts.

Here's the thing: I actually am starting to get really irritated about it. You all are complaining about things you had the power to fix. YOU ALL HAD INVITE POWER.

Going into this game I knew it would be big for me and I had planned to suck up on the forums and get with a larger guild. Then you guys all came on here and said "Hey, let's get our own guild."

Now, I'm stuck in a guild no one wants to be in who I started it for. Not cool at all.

I've never much been into guilds on other MMO's but I saw that my involvement in this would be far greater than other games.

I hate not being in things from the start, I sacrificed being in a larger guild from the beginning bc of what everyone else said they wanted.

These events have really started to sour the game for me a little...because now what do I do??

Join a larger guild where they have everything set now as oppossed to having been in on the formation and had some control over the guild aspect of my character? It's minor, but if I can put things in a guild bank...I want to be able to take things out as well, that's really it, nothing about control.

Obviously, it sounds more pissy than what it's meant to be since I am only writing the things that bother me and why. It's just irritating is all, nothing more...Just didn't like the backhanded way it's all gone down. Could have been nice to do a guild merger...

By the way, you weren't even in the guild for the longest time, lol....kind of hard to even make you anything then ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I'm going to put this out in the open (probably not the best thing to do right now given my mood but oh well.)

Like I told Trevor.

I scheduled HM's AND I posted when I couldn't be there.

I scaled it down thinking three nights was too heavy. Still no one showed. These were guaranteed things if people had bothered to show.

Every single on of you had invite powers.

I was on (in one form or the other) quite a bit!

If you felt the guild wasn't active...then take a damn look at yourselves.

I will take fault in (apparently) not being pushy enough, I simply realized I would be playing more and was careful not to ask as much from you. I gauged your intensity by how much time you were on...my bad.

IF you weren't on much I left you alone, apparently???? I should have been harassing you to run HM's....sorry not my style.

Would have been nice if a lot of this was expressed more openly however, so that we could have made changes/moves to fix it. So now, we're still left with people not enjoying the game as much as we all should...we just shifted problems...that's all.

Trevor, you'll have to whisper me next time you're on..it's (now) the only way to add you to my friends list. I never bothered to with people in the guild...didn't make sense.

And for the record, I would have been down with a guild merger and had suggested it myself at one point. The four of us were active enough players with enough high level alts that we should have rightly been higher than members(depending on how they structure)...is it necessary? Probably not, but I really hate not being able to take things out of guild banks if I can put them in...that's where I stand...if normal members of Force Recon can do that...then I'd be good. I have no way of knowing because the mature adult discussion never came up...

In the end, I guess I'm really more hurt than irritated, mostly, just because I didn't even have an inkling till it all was said and done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:45 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Also, Force Recon isn't exactly a name I would have chosen for a guild...but then neither was Celestial Warriors....:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:08 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Force Recon is an okay group of people. They've got ~100 accounts with the guild at level 50, so in the evening something is always going on. Also the guild structure is pretty loose. There is a guildmaster of course, but it's very relaxed, ex: when the guild banks went live we met on TS and anyone could chime in.

If you want to be active or a regular raider, you are at least a member, if not an officer. Recruits and upward have access to the guild bank (which is full of stuff right now).
Berish and I are officer, if you need/want to be one too, I'm sure I could arrange it.

Anyways as far as our guild went, it was okay for the first bit, but once I got to fifty, it was a rare time when there were enough of us on to run a HM, let alone an op. so I looked around for a group that was, and I talked to Brad about it of course.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
Force Recon is an okay group of people. They've got ~100 accounts with the guild at level 50, so in the evening something is always going on. Also the guild structure is pretty loose. There is a guildmaster of course, but it's very relaxed, ex: when the guild banks went live we met on TS and anyone could chime in.

If you want to be active or a regular raider, you are at least a member, if not an officer. Recruits and upward have access to the guild bank (which is full of stuff right now).
Berish and I are officer, if you need/want to be one too, I'm sure I could arrange it.

Anyways as far as our guild went, it was okay for the first bit, but once I got to fifty, it was a rare time when there were enough of us on to run a HM, let alone an op. so I looked around for a group that was, and I talked to Brad about it of course.

Honestly, I want to play with my friends and not make new ones...Dale aside ;). If I have access to take stuff out of the guild bank (as I will put stuff in, I typically trade) then I'm good.

If I meet the qualifications to be an officer, then I'm good with that too, if I don't I don't.

Honestly, I'm a leveler...I'll likely HM, but since a lot of my guys are dps...not sure how useful you'll find me in raids over people who know it better. I would bring 2 50's to the guild (having deleted my third) along with a mid level healer and low level tank.

Keep in mind, some members of Force Recon I ran EV with using Dagavin...they might remember me but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Actually, hopefully I'll bring 3. I want Dracon in on this too.

Then I'll just delete the guild...can't have people running around with that name...like the rest are even on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I would be fine if we are going to switch guilds as a group. As long as I can give to the guild through the guild bank and take items from it as well that would be fine. I will get around to getting more characters up to level 50 after a while but I can bring my level 50 DPS and a level 20 Healer at the moment. I will go with whatever the active players, which at the moment is Brad and me, think is best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Just let me know as a cas player I. Realize my input is pretty limited. I just tried to do a little I could with small cash donations