SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Only ***24*** Days To Go!
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=9258
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dvader831 [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Only ***24*** Days To Go!

Well, we are just shy of 2 months away, and I for one am getting very excited!
Why, is a good question. For me, it is Gencon #4, judging year #3. I actually get to play in an event this year (been a long time for that!). I am running a Mass Battle event for the first time (I do give much thanks to Dennis for allowing me to assist the last two years and learn much from his experience). So many people I only get to see once a year, plus many first timers. It is going to be another great year!
Alright, everyone chime in!

Author:  thereisnotry [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***64*** Days To Go!

Man, I'm totally stoked up for Gencon this year! Of course, it still seems like a long way off to me, since our Toronto Regional hasn't happened yet (it's 2 Saturdays from now).

Things I'm most excited for:
-the events I've signed up for: Mystery Map Tournament, Team Tournament (Go Team Canada, Go!), Jedi Challenge (I've finished 4th for two years in a row now), and the Championship. Maybe DD or TW if I can fit them in and not tire myself out.
-staying at Phil's house
-driving with Eric (and wondering if we'll have any further car trouble or get lost again)
-dealer hall
-RPG Wednesday night, with 20th level characters
-Stake 'n Shake...you Americans don't know how good you have it.... :)
-not sleeping enough...wait, maybe I'm not looking forward to that :P

-and last, but certainly not least: Seeing everyone again! It's gonna be so good to see y'all again, eh? I always thought that SWM had a good gaming community, until I went to Gencon the first time...then I was 100% convinced. My favorite part of Gencon is playing my favorite game with the best group of gamers in the galaxy. See you guys soon!

Author:  Weeks [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***64*** Days To Go!

Looking forward to getting my first gencon on this year. I dont know really what to expect, i mean ive been to cons before but none that are focused on gaming. Im really excited.

Author:  thereisnotry [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***64*** Days To Go!

Weeks wrote:
Looking forward to getting my first gencon on this year. I dont know really what to expect, i mean ive been to cons before but none that are focused on gaming. Im really excited.

Well, I'll pass on to you what billiv15 said to me at my first Gencon: "Get ready for the best week of gaming of your life." He was right. :)

Author:  gunther [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***64*** Days To Go!

It will be my first year as well. But I have some amazing friends to travel up there with. (Ray and Dean)

Author:  Ruhk [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

Just so long as Ray isn't driving! :P

Author:  kenred2 [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

Looking forward to my first Gencon experience as well as a judge. And also be there to help as much as possible.

Author:  spryguy1981 [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

Looking foward to going to my first GenCon also. I need to register for my events though. That took a hit though when my Student Loan people decided to screw me over leaving me lower on cash than I want. Not sure if I am staying the entire event yet or not because of other important things in my life but we will see.

Author:  gunther [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

Ruhk wrote:
Just so long as Ray isn't driving! :P


Yeah, I have seen a FedEx truck pass that man.

Author:  dalsiandon [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

This will be my first trip and I am a bit nervous, just the first time gitters really. But I am more exited and happy then anything

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

dalsiandon wrote:
This will be my first trip and I am a bit nervous, just the first time gitters really. But I am more exited and happy then anything


We'll have to meet in person and shake hands. I live in Chicago now but spent most of the first 18 years of my life in Colorado Springs. I always want to come play a game with you guys when I go home to visit family, but schedule never quite works out . . .

Author:  dalsiandon [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

TimmerB123 wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
This will be my first trip and I am a bit nervous, just the first time gitters really. But I am more exited and happy then anything


We'll have to meet in person and shake hands. I live in Chicago now but spent most of the first 18 years of my life in Colorado Springs. I always want to come play a game with you guys when I go home to visit family, but schedule never quite works out . . .


We will definitely have to do that

Author:  Darth_Jim [ Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

dalsiandon wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
This will be my first trip and I am a bit nervous, just the first time gitters really. But I am more exited and happy then anything


We'll have to meet in person and shake hands. I live in Chicago now but spent most of the first 18 years of my life in Colorado Springs. I always want to come play a game with you guys when I go home to visit family, but schedule never quite works out . . .


We will definitely have to do that



You won't be sorry Don. I met Tim last year at GenCon and not only is he a great player, he is second to none in good sportsmanship. Despite that, Tim, I'm still bringing a box of Decon to GenCon this year.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***63*** Days To Go!

Darth_Jim wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
This will be my first trip and I am a bit nervous, just the first time gitters really. But I am more exited and happy then anything


We'll have to meet in person and shake hands. I live in Chicago now but spent most of the first 18 years of my life in Colorado Springs. I always want to come play a game with you guys when I go home to visit family, but schedule never quite works out . . .


We will definitely have to do that



You won't be sorry Don. I met Tim last year at GenCon and not only is he a great player, he is second to none in good sportsmanship. Despite that, Tim, I'm still bringing a box of Decon to GenCon this year.

Well thanks Jim - but does this mean you're going to try and poison me!?!

Author:  dvader831 [ Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

Well, it has certainly been a very busy summer, and I am just now finally getting "ready" for Gencon. It has been over a month since I really did anything on this site, and haven't touched my minis in a longer time than that!
Now, it's gung-ho readiness! Hoo'ahh!

Author:  dalsiandon [ Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

dvader831 wrote:
Well, it has certainly been a very busy summer, and I am just now finally getting "ready" for Gencon. It has been over a month since I really did anything on this site, and haven't touched my minis in a longer time than that!
Now, it's gung-ho readiness! Hoo'ahh!


i hear that, but ill have to wait until next week to start prepping squads and all that good stuff

Author:  Darth_Jim [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

I got my tickets today! I sit here with trembling hands shuffling through the paperwork in the envelope (albeit delivered by rival FedEx) and am seeing myself walking through those doors once again.

And Tim...the Decon is for your mice, not you lol.

Author:  Darth_Jim [ Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

Only 2 showers left before GenCon! If I were a Magic player making that statement on magic forums, I'd have made it 2 weeks ago.

Author:  dvader831 [ Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

Darth_Jim wrote:
Only 2 showers left before GenCon! If I were a Magic player making that statement on magic forums, I'd have made it 2 weeks ago.

Okay, of course I laughed, but the fact that my wife cracked up, and it takes so much to make her laugh, lets you know the reputation of Magic players.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Only ***24*** Days To Go!

Darth_Jim wrote:
I got my tickets today! I sit here with trembling hands shuffling through the paperwork in the envelope (albeit delivered by rival FedEx) and am seeing myself walking through those doors once again.

And Tim...the Decon is for your mice, not you lol.


LOL! That's clever.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/