logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Anyone lose a PROXY?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So after getting home from GenCon and returning my dad's car to him, he found a bagged PROXY miniature in the trunk of the car (he also found an... interesting picture of Shawn Sparks, but that's a different story altogether....). No card, just the mini. No one from my group has claimed him yet, so I'm thinking maybe it belongs to someone else and got mixed into our things somehow and got brought back to Atlanta. So has anyone gotten home and noticed that they're missing a bagged PROXY mini?

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Post subject: Re: Anyone lose a PROXY?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Okay, it's 5:45am... I'm halfway through my first cup of coffee and it just dawned on me what might be going on...

I'm willing to bet that you don't actually have the miniature of PROXY in hand and that your Father described it to you as "a little blue man in a plastic bag" or something like that. That would immediately lead me to think "PROXY" but I recalled something a few minutes ago that made things click into place.

On Sunday, during the final sealed event that I judged with Ray, someone dropped a bagged Crimson Nova Bounty Hunter miniature on the ground. I picked it up and went to each person playing in sealed to ask if any of them had dropped it. No one claimed it as theirs and no one expressed any desire to have it once I'd asked everyone about it and offered it up. I put it in my pocket with the intent to give it to Jim but we pretty much ran out of the Minis hall on Sunday to get our sweet ass-deal on that Legacy case (yay Boba Fett Mercenary Commander!) so I didn't get the chance.

The CNBH (aka Pussycat Doll) is "a little blue man in a plastic bag" to a person not knowledgeable about Star Wars Miniatures (and not observant enough to notice the cleavage). Couple that with your Dad finding the photo of Shawn and it explains, perfectly, why he asked you if Star Wars Miniatures was really some front for some sort of "gay transvestite" thing.

:lol:

Post subject: Re: Anyone lose a PROXY?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That totally would be a good explanation, except he found the PROXY while I was still at home. He just handed it to me and said that he found it in the trunk. I have it right here with me, and it is in fact a PROXY.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino