logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: FedEx vs Mail...who has their tickets?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Leave it to GenCon to screw things up again (let's not mention the abomination called Celebration IV).

According to GenCon's website, the regular snail-mail orders have already been sent out. BUT those who paid EXTRA for FedEx shipping are STILL waiting for tickets/badges to be sent. Huh???? :shock:

Now, I may be completely off-base here, but when I pay for FedEx, I expect two things: faster shipping than "regular mail" and tracking of my package. I'm assuming I'll get the tracking, but I've certainly not gotten the faster shipping.

According to GenCon's Facebook page, FedEx shipments were to go out Monday this week (AFTER all the regular mail orders had been shipped). Well, here it is Wednesday and I've gotten no tracking number, so I'm guessing nothing has been shipped.

So, just to make sure it's not just me, has anybody here ordered GenCon stuff via FedEx and actually received anything? Or, if you did regular shipping, have you received your stuff already?

My only concern about all of this delay is that I'll be leaving the country in a week and will be traveling directly to Indy. If GenCon doesn't send my badge/tickets before I leave, I'll have to pay FedEx AGAIN to ship my stuff to my hotel in Indy. Grrrr.... :x

Post subject: Re: FedEx vs Mail...who has their tickets?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow that sucks. I had mine sent snail mail and got my tix and badge last week. I am thinking like the 14th is when they showed up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Angie if you need some place other than the hotel in Indy to ship your badge, let me know. We'll be rolling into Indy on Wednesday evening, and staying across the street, so easy to track down.

That would be frustrating though.

Yeah, apparently GenCon has been the hold-up with those of us waiting to get our badges for winning the Regional tournaments. Not sure I trust that, since WOTC isn't exactly famous for not dragging their heels either. But apparently WOTC is waiting for GenCon to give them a code for us to use on the website to order our badges. :roll:

If we don't get them ordered by next Monday, we'll have to stand in line in Indy in order to get them. Not sure if a coupon code will even work at that point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:40 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Boba52 wrote:
I had mine sent snail mail and got my tix and badge last week. I am thinking like the 14th is when they showed up.

Dang...that was quick for snail-mail. Makes me feel even worse now, though. ;)

Surprisingly, there's not a major uproar on the GenCon forum about their lack of fulfillment. I think I'll go there and complain, just to hear myself grump. (However, they DO have a sticky that says "don't write to us about not getting your badges." Humm...expect complaints much?)

LoboStele wrote:
Angie if you need some place other than the hotel in Indy to ship your badge, let me know. We'll be rolling into Indy on Wednesday evening, and staying across the street, so easy to track down.

I actually arrive in Indy on Monday night from London, so I do have time to receive them at my hotel once I'm in Indy (between naps to cure jet-lag, of course). But thanks for the offer to help. It's just the fact that I may have to get Mr. X to re-FedEx something that should have been in-hand days ago.

Quote:
Yeah, apparently GenCon has been the hold-up with those of us waiting to get our badges for winning the Regional tournaments. Not sure I trust that, since WOTC isn't exactly famous for not dragging their heels either. But apparently WOTC is waiting for GenCon to give them a code for us to use on the website to order our badges. :roll:

If we don't get them ordered by next Monday, we'll have to stand in line in Indy in order to get them. Not sure if a coupon code will even work at that point.

Holy cow! That's even worse. I'd not want to stand in those lines. Ugh! At least I'm fairly sure my stuff will show up eventually without line-standing. So sorry for your delay, and I hope it works out before the con.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, luckily for me, getting there on Wednesday afternoon means it won't be too bad. The lines are quite easy on Wednesday. It's Thursday morning that's murder. There's at least one guy I'm aware of who can't get there till Thursday morning, and is really worried about being able to get his badge AND get to the 150 tournament at 9am.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

LoboStele wrote:
Well, luckily for me, getting there on Wednesday afternoon means it won't be too bad. The lines are quite easy on Wednesday. It's Thursday morning that's murder. There's at least one guy I'm aware of who can't get there till Thursday morning, and is really worried about being able to get his badge AND get to the 150 tournament at 9am.

yes when all else fails Weds is the best time to get in line. I know I have to pick up my judges badge but sometimes Jim just gives it to us at the Judges mixer on Weds nite.

Although I am figuring since Toby is being a bit slow that we will have to pick up our Regional winning badges on WEds if we want to do anything Thursday.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Okay, now things are heating up a bit on the GenCon forum regarding the lack of FedEx shipping. :P

http://community.gencon.com/forums/t/20903.aspx

Short of it, GenCon is now "blaming" the lack of shipping on FedEx, yet they also admitted that (despite it being four weeks after registration close and they said they'd ship stuff by three weeks after) they were just yesterday printing tickets/badges. (Yeah, that's so FedEx's fault. Uh, no. :roll: )

The GenCon moderator/representative is also now blaming us customers for being "stupid" (not an exact quote, but the gist of it) for assuming that paying extra for FedEx shipping meant we'd get faster service. Moderator is saying GenCon picked FedEx exclusively for the tracking ability.

Good grief! I've written complaint letters to GenCon in the past, most notably regarding Celebration III and Celebration IV, so I think they'll be getting a letter about this little "GenCon not taking responsiblity" situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Heh, typical American sentiment. It's never my fault. It's always somebody else's fault. IMO, one of the biggest problems with corporate America, and America in general these days. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

LoboStele wrote:
Heh, typical American sentiment. It's never my fault. It's always somebody else's fault. IMO, one of the biggest problems with corporate America, and America in general these days. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions.

Okay, I admit it. I'm the engineer who thought the thermal exhaust port did not need better shielding. It saved several hundred credits and kept the entire project under budget and on time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:12 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Engineer wrote:
Okay, I admit it. I'm the engineer who thought the thermal exhaust port did not need better shielding. It saved several hundred credits and kept the entire project under budget and on time.

That was YOU? So that's why so many of my Stormtrooper and TIE pilot friends bit the big one that day?!?! :lol:

As for a badge/ticket update, I finally got a tracking number. (No, of course not from GenCon actually e-mailing me as promised, but rather by going to my account and poking around until I found the info.) Looks like my stuff will be arriving here on the 29th. Can you say "cutting it close"? Sheesh! Maybe next year I'll go with will call instead of dropping the extra cash for my "clearly incorrect assumption" of faster shipping via FedEx. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

But you know that next year the Fedex will be faster... it is inevitable!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:19 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hmmm...now I'm concerned because I figured I'd just pick mine up at the desk when I got there. Did I make a rookie mistake? This is my first trip.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Darth_Jim wrote:
Hmmm...now I'm concerned because I figured I'd just pick mine up at the desk when I got there. Did I make a rookie mistake? This is my first trip.

Nah, Will Call is generally pretty quick. I've never picked up my badge that way, but I've never ordered event tickets ahead of time, and just got those at the door when we arrived. If you get there on Wednesday, it's super easy to pick them up. Thursday is a little busier, but still not too bad for the Will Call line.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Thanks...it's gonna be Thursday, as I'm driving straight through...can't leave Wednesday...it's my wife's birthday lol.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:38 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Shocking news...my badge and tickets finally arrived!

I've also been following the threads regarding the Regional Winners' badges. Looks like Jim has everything is taken care of there, too. Yay! 8-)

See everyone in a couple weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:33 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I ordered my badge and specified mail.

Then, later, I ordered my wife's badge, and specified FedEx.

My badge has arrived via mail.

My wife's badge has not yet arrived via FedEx