logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Thought on 2008 Gencon and the post Gencon blues!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 am 
Flim
Flim

I am LMAO Dean. I forgot some of the weekends finer moments. Charass, the Basic speaking linguist, the hooters expierence... Oh wait I think I remember that one. Ben, Trevor: Get those pics up guys!!!!! It was a blast this year. I like the friends better than the gaming, and thats saying alot because the gaming was great. We all had a blast and it has been such a long weekend I can't remember it all.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:17 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah I had a great time. No matter how frustrated and angry I get with WotC OP, hanging out with the people from the SWM community at GenCon always raises my spirits.

Seeing and talking to Rob again one-on-one was the biggest highlight gaming-wise, and judging the Masters didn't suck. I hope I did a good job (not fishing for compliments, just saying).

Speaking of judges, Scott (sithdragon) you were a great help to me. I was really nervous since this was my first big event with this many people, but by the end of the first round I knew it was going to be okay. So, thanks.

Dean, I didn't finish your sheet for the RPG because I didn't think the linguist stuff would be relevant to the game we were running. Damn, was I wrong. I won't make that mistake again. Welcome to the RPG. :)

As for the "older short balding guy" let me say that I am 33 and she was 30...

At least I didn't keep anybody up the entire night wondering if the hotel room window was about to shatter. (Though Jason and Lucas said I did wake them up Saturday night a couple of times, I will admit.)

I will have more to say soon.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:27 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I am glad to hear the stories - It killed me to be laid up in bed for the con and it only being an hour from my place. I thought about everyone online I wanted to chat with in person and was really bummed that I missed this year. However there will be next year and with out anything major happening like this year I will be there. Keep the stories and pics coming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:30 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

My post-GenCon Blues: That I didn't get to go! :P

So, share! Share the joy, the laughter, the meeting new friends and catching up with the old. Share the thrill of the chance-d rolled 20. Share the Squads, the Strategies, the surprises and even the expected!

Perhaps next year will be my year to meet you all, and to battle my way into a top-8 finish! But until then, I will have to leech off of your experiences. :D

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I would say the highlight of the weekend for me was barbqueing Aaron, AKA, Charass from now on, with my flame thrower after he took point to protect my Duros Scout from the onslaught of a few stormtroopers. And then when he ran away, switching my rifle to autofire and critting his charred ass :)

The back story on my character is that Chewbacca killed his father, and he had learned some intel (speaks Bothese and Huttese) that Chewbacca was somewhere, which is where he was headed when he was caught by the slave ship guy. So he hates all wookiees and doesnt trust them. It made for a great time, and the look on Aaron's face when I pulled of the Auto-fire, double deadeye crit was just priceless, so that's teh story on charass. I tried to kill the Wookiee. :)

Thanks again Boris, sorry we never got to finish the session, but what we did do was just plain good fun!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:58 pm 

Oh, and some fun additional details. The only Boba I ran all weekend was Boba MC in the 100pt tourney. I never ran Dodonna, or Boba BH at all. I did run San Hill with Tyranus and Aurra in the 150. In 200 I ran Exar Sings.

My 4-0 100pt squad was Boba MC, 2 Gunslingers, and 3 ugos. That's right, Mandos are meta :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Just wanted everyone to know that I had a great time this year. I met a lot of new people and saw a good number of people I had met in previous years. The SWM crowd is one of the classiest around!

Some highlights for me:

Jedi Challenge - I finished within points of Matt. Never thought I would do so well and I couldn't have placed second to a nicer guy.

Jedi Masters - Way to go Bill! It was amazing to see the Speedy Cannon run so well. Everytime I have tried, Lobo would fine some way to have Mara cut my speeder in half.

Boris - Thanks so much for the invite on the RPG - If that wasn't the only time I would have been able to see Clone Wars, I would have loved to played. Charass...I LMAO on that one and believe me, Lobo hasn't heard the end of it. I get his Mirlukan Jedi once a month in my DoD campaign.

Speaking of which, I am considering possibly running a couple Saga games next year, so I will make sure to post the news once it is official.

Thanks again for the great time and see everyone next year!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:54 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Yep, I was one of the ones at Dennis' RPG session and Charass is much better than Cincy's previous "Patches the Wookiee". Aaron will seriously never live that down now, lol. Whenever he's fielding a Wookiee its only gonna be "going after Charass" ;) I do have to thank Jonny B for letting me take his spot in the RPG cause if not for that I'd have been bored outa my mind waiting for Aaron and James N to get done. Twas definitely a blast, especially the "Little Piggie Who Could" with the Gamorrean going after the AT-ST (I think it actually hit once!)

Nate and the frickin Heroclix was hilarious! "I don't know who this is but they look cool!"

It hurt to see it done but it was funny when barzillai had to MTB his Luke's Landspeeder and concede :oops:

Worst time I had at GenCon? Being stuck with going against my fellow players from Cincy, definitely not a good time. I had to face 3 of the other 5 in the Jedi Challenge and Jedi Masters and they all know I'm the "scrubs" of the group. If not for that I might have had a better chance in the Jedi Masters (2 of my 3 losses were to Cincy players, other was to Lou who gave me a good challenge).

Hothie and LadyHothie were definitely Best of Show for us...

Realizing the joke that Magic players smell is actually not a joke...

Getting able to meet a crapton of people from the forums was amazing...

Can't wait til next year!