logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 2008 SWM Event List
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:12 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Okay, if I have missed anything, someone please add it or post it and I will add it. I am going to try and condense this as best as possible

Thursday August 14
League Play, all weekend, $30.00

11:00 AM: SWM 150 Point DCI Constructed, "tournament . . . will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. This tournament will also be the first leg of the ""Jedi Challenge"", which is a three tournament series." $10.00

6:00 PM: SWM 200 Point DCI Constructed, "tournament ... will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. This tournament will also be the second leg of the ""Jedi Challenge"", $10.00

Friday August 15
10:00 AM: SWM 100 point DCI Constructed, "tournament . . . will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. This tournament will also be the third leg of the ""Jedi Challenge," $10.00

4:00 PM: SWM Knights of the Old Republic 100 point Sealed Booster, Put together your best 100 point squad from two boosters from the KOTOR expansion. All 100 point maps are legal for this event. Tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss, $30.00

6:00 PM: AT-AT Hoth Challenge, brought to you by Grand Moff Boris! Limited to twelve players. Join the fight of the Rebel force on Planet Hoth. Each player will score points as they destroy as much of the Imperial force as possible. Prize support will be for the top three players. Hoth maps from the AT-AT Colossal pack will be used. All figures will be provided for this event. $14.00

10:00 PM: SWM Tile Wars!, "100 point tournament using figures from all expansions. Each player will use one tournament Tile, place them together and begin the battle! Tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. $10.00

Saturday August 16
10:00 AM: Gen Con Star Wars Minis Jedi Master Event, "The Main Event!" 150 point DCI tournament using figures from all expansions, faction rules apply. The following DCI 150 point maps will be legal for the number of Swiss rounds. Tractor Beam Coupling Map (Death Star), Grand Plaza Map (Moonilist), Rancor Pen Map, Hall of Judgement Map (Jedi Temple), Commanders Office Map (Ravaged Base), and Power Regulation Chamber Map (Revenge of the Sith Starter Hardboard) and The Chancellors Starship Map. Tournament will be Swiss rounds depending on the number of participants. Final eight players will play off the at a time specified the following day. Huge Prizes! $20.00

3:00 PM: SWM Knights of the Old Republic 100 point Sealed Booster, Put together your best 100 point squad from two boosters from the KOTOR expansion. All 100 point maps are legal for this event. Tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. $30.00

8:00 PM: SWM Knights of the Old Republic-only 100 point constructed, "Construct your best 100 point squad from the Knights of the Old Republic expansion only, faction rules apply. All 100 point maps are legal for this event. Tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss with prize support for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. $10.00

Sunday August 17
9:00 AM: Gen Con Star Wars Minis Jedi Master Event Finals,
The final eight players qualifing through the Swiss Rounds of the Jedi Master Event will play off to determine who is the 2008 GenCon Star Wars miniatures Champion

11:00 AM: SWM Dynamic Duo, "Choose two characters from any expansion that equal ""exactly"" 100 points, faction rules apply. All 100 point maps are legal for this event. Prize support will be for all players with undefeated records or only 1 loss. $10.00

Post subject: Re: 2008 SWM Event List
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I am sooo going to OD on SWM that weekend. Very intrigued by the Jedi Challenge. So between the three legs, the KOTOR sealed, and the Master Event, not sure when I will find time for league. I also want to try the Dynamic Duo if I don't make the final 8. I would also like to explor the con.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:05 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I like the Jedi Challenge idea. Its pretty much a take off of my Ironman event.

I dont suppose you could be awesome Boris and post the event numbers. I cant find anything SWM related on the excel sheet for SWM.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:21 am 
General
General

dvader831 wrote:
Saturday August 16
10:00 AM: Gen Con Star Wars Minis Jedi Master Event, "The Main Event!" 150 point DCI tournament using figures from all expansions, faction rules apply. The following DCI 150 point maps will be legal for the number of Swiss rounds. Tractor Beam Coupling Map (Death Star), Grand Plaza Map (Moonilist), Rancor Pen Map, Hall of Judgement Map (Jedi Temple), Commanders Office Map (Ravaged Base), and Power Regulation Chamber Map (Revenge of the Sith Starter Hardboard) and The Chancellors Starship Map. Tournament will be Swiss rounds depending on the number of participants. Final eight players will play off the at a time specified the following day. Huge Prizes! $20.00

I just want to iron things out here:
No $2k.
Not a championship.
Revised Map List.

Well, not too bad. I can say I finished 15th in the only ever official SWM championship. Now I will look at a repeat performance for the first ever Jedi Master event.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ugh....Going up to $10 per tournament this year? :(

And $20 for the Jedi Master Event on Saturday is kind of ridiculous if you ask me, especially since there is no mention whatsoever as to what the prize support will be for it. Since there isn't a $2k prize in there anywhere, will it be worth the $20 fee and playing ALL day long?

As it stands right now, it's kind of up in the air as to whether I'll be able to go at all this year ( :( ) but the increased prices may cause me to play a lot more League. We'll see I guess.

Also.....100 point Tile Wars? Are you serious? Shouldn't that be 200 points? I seriously hope that's a mistake. 100 point Tile Wars games are not nearly as fun as 200 point ones. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:08 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I hope you can make it. Heck i hope I can make it. Assuming i can, i plan on doing a LOT of league as if i get to go to Gencon i wont be getting a case of KOTOR, so that will have to be my source of minis.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, without there being a 'Championship', I think I will definitely forego any case purchases of KOTOR before hand, and then play things by ear afterwards. If I have to play the Jedi Masters on Saturday with a squad that only has stuff up through LOTF, no big deal. Or hopefully, I can acquire whichever pieces from KOTOR I want before then. I am hoping to have everything figured out by the end of June so I can still grab my GenCon badge before the prices go up.

And I'll probably sign up for a few events, and see how things go throughout the weekend as to whether I play more of the various events, or play more League instead. We'll see!