logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: GenCon Questions
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

As not to litter up other posts, if anyone has any questions they would like answered concerning this year's GenCon, go ahead and post them here and I will get them answered as quickly as I can.

Post subject: Re: GenCon Questions
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:02 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Do we have official rules for Vset only? Or is it just what it says on the tin - literally nothing but virtual cards?

Limited access to door control and lack of mouse droids kind of puts some factions in a bind.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

greentime wrote:
Do we have official rules for Vset only? Or is it just what it says on the tin - literally nothing but virtual cards?

Limited access to door control and lack of mouse droids kind of puts some factions in a bind.

Excellent question, Graham, and for the answer, here is the excerpt from the online catalog.

"For this 150 point tournament, your squad may only include pieces from Destiny of the Force, Renegades and Rogues, the Battle of Theed Palace, Vengeance, and Cantina Brawl. Ugnaught Demolitionists will be also legal, and each squad may contain one previously released miniature from any faction besides Fringe (Unique or non-Unique, which have no limit to the amount, i.e., as many Stormtroopers as you wish)."

One thing that was decided after I submitted that was that Scum and Villiany/Jedi vs. Sith will also be legal. The full stats will be revealed at least two weeks prior to GenCon so that they can be worked into your squads if you so wish.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:28 pm 

dvader831 wrote:
Excellent question, Graham, and for the answer, here is the excerpt from the online catalog.

"For this 150 point tournament, your squad may only include pieces from Destiny of the Force, Renegades and Rogues, the Battle of Theed Palace, Vengeance, and Cantina Brawl. Ugnaught Demolitionists will be also legal, and each squad may contain one previously released miniature from any faction besides Fringe (Unique or non-Unique, which have no limit to the amount, i.e., as many Stormtroopers as you wish)."

One thing that was decided after I submitted that was that Scum and Villiany/Jedi vs. Sith will also be legal. The full stats will be revealed at least two weeks prior to GenCon so that they can be worked into your squads if you so wish.

Oh, this is so cool. What a great idea!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dvader831 wrote:

One thing that was decided after I submitted that was that Scum and Villiany/Jedi vs. Sith will also be legal. The full stats will be revealed at least two weeks prior to GenCon

This is news to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

LESHIPPY wrote:
This is news to me.

Um, surprise, LOL.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well we all know what Royal Rumble is, but . . .

What on earth is a Royal Rumble TEAM TOURNAMENT?

This raises a lot of questions. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

TimmerB123 wrote:
Well we all know what Royal Rumble is, but . . .

What on earth is a Royal Rumble TEAM TOURNAMENT?

This raises a lot of questions. ;)

Does it really matter though?

Team Royal Rumble will still win :D

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

3 Epic Duos events? Really? Since we had to drop other fun things, I really think this is unfortunate to have 3 of these

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

TimmerB123 wrote:
3 Epic Duos events? Really? Since we had to drop other fun things, I really think this is unfortunate to have 3 of these

So does that mean you want to volunteer on figure out next years events?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:39 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

TimmerB123 wrote:

Well, the first two Epic Duos are different kinds of tournaments. The Constructed is one where each player can choose their squad. Basically Epic Dynamic Duos. Just a way for people to have fun. The Sealed version is like last year, although with the previous 12 Epics and the new 6 being thrown into the mix. The Sunday event is just something for fun if anyone is hanging around, not playing in the Epic Skirmish, and wants to just play some quick, fun games.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

dvader831 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Well, the first two Epic Duos are different kinds of tournaments. The Constructed is one where each player can choose their squad. Basically Epic Dynamic Duos. Just a way for people to have fun. The Sealed version is like last year, although with the previous 12 Epics and the new 6 being thrown into the mix. The Sunday event is just something for fun if anyone is hanging around, not playing in the Epic Skirmish, and wants to just play some quick, fun games.

Yeah I think the timing for the Epic Duos events are good. Two during the championship for people that aren't playing in that and one on Sunday which is kind of a winding down day anyway. I don't think many other events would fit in those time slots anyway.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Engineer wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

So does that mean you want to volunteer on figure out next years events?

Actually, I offered many suggestions this year, but I was essentially told (directly and indirectly) that it would be figured out with out me.

I am actually happy with everything overall, and I didn't mean for my comment to come out like a slight against the whole schedule.

Echo wrote:
Yeah I think the timing for the Epic Duos events are good. Two during the championship for people that aren't playing in that and one on Sunday which is kind of a winding down day anyway. I don't think many other events would fit in those time slots anyway.

I guess this is true. It's not a very competitive format - it has such a small variance of good teams. So it's good that 2 are during when most will be playing in the championship. People always like something new - that's why it did well last year (that, and being part of the sith trials). I predict decent attendance for the sealed one, since there will be 6 new Epics. But I fear low attendance on the other 2.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

And I am sure if the attendance isn't there, they will be rotated out for something else next year. Just like some of the events from last year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sunday
NMN1230209 9 am 500 pt Epic Skirmish

So will S+V/J vs. S and the new epics be legal for this event?

Will it use the 3 commander rule?

Will the map list be standard or restricted?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I was going to ask the same question.

And more specifically regarding maps (assuming we're using the Restricted List), are all of the Restricted List maps going to be legal, or will there be a specific maplist for the 500pt Epic tournament?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

TimmerB123 wrote:

After a lot of consideration, I have to say I agree with this statement. The things that were rotated out were considered to have poor attendance, but I don't know if Epic Duos could be blamed for those events being considered failures. Maybe they were just weak events that lacked the ability to draw enough players. I'd still like to see more variety on the schedule, but that doesn't mean I dislike what was decided for this year, either.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Regarding the Mystery Map...

Is there a way -- like last year -- where we can order the mystery map without playing in the tournament? Or if there was a thread for this, can I get the link? (I am so disorganized these days, that I can't remember if I ordered it already or if it was a different map. :oops: )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The intention right now is to have the map for sale in the dealer hall following the tournament.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Randy wrote:
Sunday
NMN1230209 9 am 500 pt Epic Skirmish

So will S+V/J vs. S and the new epics be legal for this event?

Will it use the 3 commander rule?

Will the map list be standard or restricted?

thereisnotry wrote:
I was going to ask the same question.

And more specifically regarding maps (assuming we're using the Restricted List), are all of the Restricted List maps going to be legal, or will there be a specific maplist for the 500pt Epic tournament?

Still waiting for an answer to these questions.