logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Yet Another Play Report
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Hey everyone! I guess it's about time I did a write up of my games during the big tournament. Enjoy!

My Squad, Bastila's Battlemasters:

Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
Jedi Battlemasters x3
Jedi Seer
Lobot
Old Republic Senator
R7 Astromech Droid
Mouse Droid x2
Ugnaught Demolitionist

Map: Theed
Reinforcements: Human BG w/ either 2 uggies and 1 mouse or 1 uggy and 2 mice

SWISS ROUNDS

Round 1 vs Rebels. Loda, Han Smuggler, Princess Leia, Crix, Rieekan, Dodonna, ERC:
Map - Peaceful City
This game goes fast. Both of us get to gambit on turn 1 w/ his Han, Luke, Crix, ERC and Leia in the middle room. I then just rush in to take out Han, Crix and the ERC in two rounds; leaving Luke and Leia to deal with the 3 Battlemasters and Seer all by themselves. Luke did manage to Jedi Mind Trick a couple of my Battlemasters and took out the Seer, but all those lightsabers swinging at him was just too much. 1-0 3 points.

Round 2 vs Imperials. IE Thrawn, Atris, Veers, Jaba CL, 3 Handmaidens:
Map - Theed
With his squad being so CE dependant, Bastila made short work of it using ABM. Since I out activated him, I shut down his CE's for 4 straight turns. He did manage to put 30 damage on Bastila (with the Human BG soaking another 30) by swapping and getting some late 1st round shots off, but that cost him a Handmaiden to do. I was then able to run up on another one of his Handmaidens and use the Senators CE to kill her off then swarmed Atris to defeat her. So by the end of round 3, all he had left was Thrawn, a Handmaiden, Veers and Jaba while I hadn't lost a single piece. I ended up sweeping up the rest of his squad with no loses of my own. 2-0 6 points.

Round 3 vs Republic (Weeks). Yobuck, Gen. Skywalker, Rex, Panaka, R2 Doombot:
Map - Theed
This was a close game. It was like watching 2 frieght trains about to collide. The first couple rounds have us positioning pieces with him Galloping with Yoda a couple times doing a little damage and critting once. Then round 3 is where the furball begins. I run all my Battlemasters in the center room engaging his Yoda, Rex and Skyguy. Panaka bodyguards some damage for Rex and Rex gets Towed out of the room. We then just trade swings back and forth with Rex taking a few shots inbetween. Bastila had to get in the mix cause I needed the extra saber to do some hitting (that and I lost 2 Battlemasters and my Seer to his Panaka, Yoda and General Skywalker). The second to last round ended with our only damage dealers left, Bastila (40 HP 1 FP) and Rex (40 HP) within 6 squares of each other. It came down to initiative and David won. He ended the finishing off Bastila for the win. It was a well played game, and one that I enjoyed the most at the entire convention. 2-1 6 points.

Round 4 vs Separitists (Graham). Worm, IG Lancer, Darth Sidious, 2 IG 86s, Lobot, Gha Nackt, Poggle w/ 6 drones
Map - Theed
The first two turns are positioning with Graham doing a strafe at the end of turn 2. He made a critical mistake by Pawning the Lacner to Strafe my squad (taking an AOO from the Seer), and then ending the movement next to the Seer. He managed to kill 2 uggies, the Human BG and drops 40 damage on Bastila and the Seer. He then uses the Lancer's normal movement to not Strafe my squad again, but to go back to the safety of his squad. I then use the Seer's AOO to finish off the Lancer and to bring a concerned look onto Graham's face. I use ABM to mostly get rid of Twin from Worm. I then rush into his squad dropping some damage on Sidious. He Pawns an IG into position to take a shot at Bastila and hits to stop ABM, but the IG then immediately gets taken out in return. Graham then throws his entire squad at me to give his last remaining IG time to inflict as much damage as possible. I manage to take out Poggle, Worm, Lobot, all but one of his Drones, and Gha Nackt while losing my Seer, 2 Battlemasters and Bastila in the process. The whole while, I've been collecting gambit and keeping him away from it. The game ended when I got my 8th gambit point while all he had left that was worth points was Sidious (40 HP 1 FP) and a Drone. I had a Battlemaster (80 HP 0 FP), the Senator, Lobot and the R7 left at the end. 3-1 9 points.

Round 5 vs NR (Matt Peterson). Han, Mara, Anakin, Ganner, Lobot, Dodonna
Map - Jabba's Palace
He brings in a Human BG and 3 mice. First Round is positioning. I use ABM at the start of round 2 and out activate him to allow me to position my pieces for a 3 round offensive. He runs Anakin away from a threatening Battlemaster while I kill a couple uggies blocking a door way. He Levitates Mara next to a Battle master and LS Assaults him dropping 60 damage. I then walk up on Han and do 60 damage to him while swinging back on Mara doing 30 damage and making her use FP for Block. Han shoots back at the Battlemaster and does 20 then gives an AOO (and lets his Human BG soak the hit). I was then able to walk up with another Battlemaster and finish off Han. My Senator uses his CE to drop 40 damage on Mara, but the Jedi missed the attack. I base Anakin with my Seer just to be annoying. Next round, I drop 20 damage on Anakin with him using Push to get away from the Seer. Mara tries to finish off the Battlemaster she is tangling with, but has bad die rolls. Mara is then forced to use her last FP on a Block. Meanwhile, Anakin is being chased around the map by my Seer. I would run up with the Seer and use the Senator's CE, but Anakin's Block saves were impressive. I did manage to hunt him down with Bastila though, but it was like watching an episode of Tom & Jerry LOL! Mara manages to kill the Battlemaster, but then is dealt with by my 2 remaining Battlemasters. Ganner uses his Push to kill the Seer, but that left him to tango with Bastila and the rest of my squad. I eventually overwhelm Ganner after taking out Dodonna and Lobot. 4-1 12 points.

Round 6 vs Republic (Bill Russel). Yobuck, General Skywalker, R2 Doombot, Lobot, Dash, Panaka:
Map - Theed
Bill didn't make any mistakes this game. In fact, I was the one who ended up making a couple. Bill makes a turn 1 Gallop (expected) and I end up Blocking all the damage. I use ABM on round 2 and move my squad up. I miscalculated, and Bill was able to Gallop back to Bastila with Yobuck (just BARELY though) to stop the Force Ability (my first mistake). I then split my squad up (second mistake) to go after General Skywalker (who made every Lightsaber Defense save he rolled for) and Yobuck. I ended up basing Yoda with a Battlemaster and Bastila (40 HP and 2 FPs). He wins inititative and kills Bastila with Yoda who then gets cut down by the Battlemaster. Meanwhile Anakin kills the Seer and Dash was making about 80% of his shots with half needing 13s to hit! The game ended with Dash killing my last Battlemaster (who was my only damage dealer left). Bill had his untouched Dash and his Anakin (20 HP 1 FP, damn Defense saves!!), Panaka and R2 left. 4-2 12 points.

I ended up being 5th overall at the end of Swiss and was lined up to play Ricky's Rebel squad in the Quarter Finals.....which I will go into on my next post. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :maul:

So stay tuned for our next episode. Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

Last edited by Jester007 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Yet Another Play Report
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Impressive! I loved seeing a jedi beef squad do so well, and it's now great to read all the match reports. OR will be very strong with the release of R&R, but it's quite a feat to do so well with them before the R&R set. Nicely done!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:41 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Congrats again on the win!

Jester007 wrote:
Round 5 vs NR (Matt Prescott).
Oh and name correction - Matt Peterson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:40 am 

TimmerB123 wrote:
Jester007 wrote:

Dang it! I just knew I would get the last name wrong. I knew it began with a "P". Thanks for the correction.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Jester007 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Jester007 wrote:

Dang it! I just knew I would get the last name wrong. I knew it began with a "P". Thanks for the correction.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Lol, I think you called him Matt Prescott on last weeks SHNN show too. Don't worry - I'm sure he's not offended