logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Introducing Epic Duos - All New Gencon Event!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

It is not Faction-pure, you just follow normal Faction rules.

Also, here are the RM for Epic:
Darth Vader, Champion of the Sith
Taung Warrior for Mandalore the First
Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith
General Windu
Darth Bane
Lord Hoth
Yoda (not sure if it's Yoda or Yoda JM, they both look pretty similar and the angle of the image is cocked just the wrong way to clarify)
Rancor for Terentatek
Yuuzhan Vong Warrior (UH) for Czulking Lah
Mara Jade, Jedi
Darth Maul (CS)
Luke Skywalker, Chamption of the Force

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

glasswalkerx wrote:
U have to obey faction rules, but it is not pure faction is it? Can u still use Fringe with any of them?

Correct. Epic Duos follows the Dynamic Duos rules with two exceptions. You don't have to have exactly 200pts, it's 200pts or less and Special Abilities and Force Powers that affect initiative are ignored, and finally override cannot be used. Other rules to remember from DD you always activate one mini on your turn, disintegration is ignored, reinforcements/reserves are not allowed. You can use a character with these abilities, just aren't getting any additional minis in this format.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:03 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

billiv15 wrote:
glasswalkerx wrote:
U have to obey faction rules, but it is not pure faction is it? Can u still use Fringe with any of them?

Correct. Epic Duos follows the Dynamic Duos rules with two exceptions. You don't have to have exactly 200pts, it's 200pts or less and Special Abilities and Force Powers that affect initiative are ignored, and finally override cannot be used. Other rules to remember from DD you always activate one mini on your turn, disintegration is ignored, reinforcements/reserves are not allowed. You can use a character with these abilities, just aren't getting any additional minis in this format.

That's good to know Bill. I have another questions. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Gencon this year, but I plan on running and Epic Duos tournament in the near future. I have heard that most games can be finished in 15 minutes. Is that the time limit for swiss rounds? Is the resticted map list being used? Just curious.

Roy

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 pm 

drkjedi35 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
glasswalkerx wrote:

That's good to know Bill. I have another questions. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Gencon this year, but I plan on running and Epic Duos tournament in the near future. I have heard that most games can be finished in 15 minutes. Is that the time limit for swiss rounds? Is the resticted map list being used? Just curious.

Roy

We are using 30 minutes for the first tournament, but I'm totally willing to cut it to 20-25 as well. Once people have seen the stats, gotten used to them, and playing at a local event rather than a Gencon event, I'd say 20 minutes is plenty of time. There is really no reason to go longer, which is part of the reason I wanted to start this format. Something quick, fun, and full of massive changes in a short time. You should be able to run an event like this with 4 rounds in under 2 hours - which is great for many game stores. I am planning to run a 500pt Epic format using these guys in Wisconsin sometime in the fall and we will probably do 45-50 minute rounds. With the amount of damage these guys can put out, there really is no reason to run anywhere close to an hour.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Epic Duos was a great success at GenCon.. even though a logistics issue kept me from playing :( Hopefully we'll be able to do it next year.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY